Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:11:05 )
@Ava: Hi Ava. It's nice to see you.
My day has been lovely so far, thank you.
What's in store for you today? - anything fun?

@RainbowPanda: lol - hello! Yes, games, if we want to play them. We don't have any running at the moment, but that can change :3
You are new to Voltra, aren't you? How do you like it so far? Are you enjoying the event?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:15:25 )

@Wildfire: Oooo okay! I am just on for a bit because I am waiting for my class to start.
I haven't been on for 2 months, but no I am not new. I used to be on here a lot but took a huge break and then hopped back on a couple months ago. Life got kind of crazy once I returned so I had to take another break. I have no idea what is going on atm

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:20:22 )
@RainbowPanda: Gotcha. I just missed you or something (actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I have seen you around, but it was a while ago).

What's going on is that the site is in the middle of the Solstice Event. There's a couple more days left of the official event and activities, then another week to earn currency before everything closes up. There's a freebie event item in that other thread's first page (I think), and some activities including an avatar contest, design an ugly sweater contest, etc., if you're interested in any of those things.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:22:50 )

@Wildfire: I can't remember the last time I was on before I returned a couple months ago. I believe it was over a year though. I never thought I would return, but here I am.
Ooo okay! Thank you for explaining everything :) I'll check everything out.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:23:56 )
@RainbowPanda: Take a look at the stickies in this forum - I think all the official activities are there. :3
So if you never thought you'd come back, what brought you back?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:26:53 )

@Wildfire: Okay I will! Thanks
Hmm I'm not entirely sure. I kind of forgot about Voltra for a while until I looked at the discord while I was playing among us with my friends. I thought i'd see how everyone was doing and there was no way I could leave once I logged back on. I may not be very active nowadays but I do enjoy coming on and talking to people.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:28:48 )
@RainbowPanda: That's interesting. I can see where that might happen. Sites like this are good for connecting with other humans once in a while :3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:30:28 )

@Wildfire: I definitely agree! I have a lot of friends to talk to but I honestly prefer talking to people that I don't know personally. I guess it's because I have more to talk about idk

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:33:19 )
I find that they are different kinds of conversations and that we need both in our lives sometimes, and especially when it can be difficult to meet up with people face-to-face (like it often is these days), some connection with humanity is certainly better than none.

But now, my dog wants out (again) and I'm going to take a walk, I think.

It's been nice chatting with you a little bit @RainbowPanda: Please feel free to stop by my thread(s) any time. I'll BBS.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:35:24 )

I am glad that I at least have work to interact with people face to face, but other than that I have nothing. I can barely see my friends now and I don't get to see my boyfriend too often.

I enjoyed talking to you :) have fun on your walk!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 20:44:57 )
@Wildfire: I am doing better, the initial stress is wearing off and I'm in that adjusting period where I'm realizing this is more permanent than I anticipated.
My son is matching my niece's sass. which, to me, is comical. Because he treats others how he is treated. XD
My daughter is kind of over the novelty of having an older girl in the house. She went from wanting to get dressed up and played with, to wanting space.

I just did a world countries assignment with my son, and now he's obsessed with Iceland. lmao.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 21:08:21 )
@RainbowPanda: And that's it exactly :3
Thank you - my walk was lovely. It's very pretty out there today!

@Ava: Thank you.
I have enjoyed my coffee, did some stuff in my sketchbook, did a little "mental organizing", took a shower and did laundry (lol), and I went for a walk. I am going to go sit outside and read for a bit now, I think... well, after I put stuff in the Instant Pot to start doing its thing.
Hamsters can be adorable, if a little noisy. I hope you enjoy her! :3 Congrats!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 21:13:15 )
@Koah: Gotcha. Is it being more permanent than you initially thought going to be an issue for you? It sounds like everyone is doing some adjusting - which is to be expected. What is it about boys and falling in love with Iceland or Norway* at some point? It's like "oh, cars!... dinosaurs! ... ICELAND!" XD (Yes, I know this is a gross generality, but it is my experience and since I don't have any girls and none of my friends' girls went through this stage...)

*my youngest did the Norway route instead of Iceland.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 22:14:07 )

Putting on yoga pants still counts as getting dressed, right? XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 22:32:08 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yes yoga pants counts as "getting dressed". So does changing out of the PJs you slept in to put on a clean pair of "lounge pants" or sweatpants. At least in my house. Most of the time. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 00:58:48 )
@Ava: It was a nice day. It was overdue and I definitely enjoyed it :3
Oh, basically I made rice with the leftover shredded pork and added some mixed (frozen) veggies to the mix... mostly for my son, who will be coming home HUNGRY. I was just trying to make the leftovers more of a meal for him, really. Hubby and I had some of it, but we tend to eat a little lighter than our son.
Pets are so amazing! <3 ... in fact, I'm going to go cuddle with one of mine!! I will probably be online with the phone periodically, but my replies will be slower and probably full of silly typos (because my autocorrect is a complete jerk - lol)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 03:13:38 )

Aww yiss, gettin pizza for din din.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 13:28:21 )
This is exactly

Good morning

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 13:38:09 )
@Ava: LOL - no he doesn't play sports, but he is very physically active and he's a big guy (6'2" (maybe even taller now) and complete solid muscle). Yes, people do tend to burn through calories when they're active - the kids more-so because they're also using calories to grow.
I hope your hamster turns out to be a cute cuddler. I understand what you mean about having a pet giving you a sense of purpose in life. I think that's hard-wired in to our DNA to care about something or someone other than ourselves. :3 We currently have two 60lb dogs.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 13:39:18 )
@Anarchist Beauty: What kind did you get? Thin crust or thick? What's your favorite?

@Another Movie Addict: Good morning. How are you today so far? Are you working or is it another chill day of TV + WoW?

Good morning to anyone else who wanders in!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.