Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2020 [gifts posted!]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 06:25:23 )

oh noooo... the JP eshop is a rabbit hole ADLKFJ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 06:34:51 )

@Hachi: I learned lol
I have the app open right now but PayPal is down in the US so I can't use it to link my card. Otherwise I would cause my husband's card has no foreign transaction fee. And I think a good rate. So anytime I want to play for 3 hours I can.
I just saw in the news section of the app that from now until the 12th the rates are reduced.
3 hours is 200 yen
24 is 300 yen
30 is 1,000 yen
and 90 is 2,000 yen!

That's so cheap! I wanted to let you know if you wanted to save some money. Now I need a mic. I want one XD Do you have any recommendations? lol

I love singing, karaoke and Japanese music so much so I'm really happy that you told me about this!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 06:46:00 )

@Totalanimefan: wahh I miss karaoke so much... since covid happened I haven't been able to have karaoke parties with my friends
it's so cheap!! we used to get the month-long plan bc we used it SO MUCH ADLFKJDFLJ

my friend always brings the mics ;3c I can ask him for recs if you want!

GOOD IM GLAD
I also love those things very much

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 07:15:23 )

i made the mistake of looking on twitter when my brother went to bed and i hung up the discord call with him. Much regret >.< But on Instagram! I've seen a "post your 9 favorite arts of the year thing." xD

and I CAN'T yet. hahahahahahaha

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 08:39:45 )

@Hachi: I just wanted to let you know that I'm almost done with mine and will send the finished art shortly! The holidays have been kinda busy for me this year so I wasn't able to work on art as much as I would have liked. ><
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 09:00:53 )
I submitted my art. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 12:43:36 )
@totalanimefan: xD no I don't think so
I mean I don't know how to say it in Korean. I could type out the hangeul for happy new year though hahahah 해피 뉴 이어!

thank you Hachi :D

e

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 16:00:41 )

@Hachi: do you have your own switch or did you use your friends switch for karaoke? You could still buy the limited time reduced passes.
I think for the switch you can use any USB mic? Or only some work?
EDIT: After a ton of searching I'm getting a used Wii U Mic (Official) from Gamestop and it's going to be delivered to me between 2pm and 8pm!!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 16:01:16 )

@eyry: haha awesome. I didn’t want to put you on the spot lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 21:04:50 )

@Totalanimefan: ADLFJLKDFJ SORRY MY REPLIES ARE SLOW but im happy you are so excited about this app ALDKFJ
and that sounds awesome! I wasn't aware they made official mics but I'm looking at the reviews now and everyone bought it for joysound karaoke HAHA

I have my own switch, but my friend is the one who has the app on his switch, since he can actually read japanese ALDKFJ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 21:08:17 )

we are less than two days away from the deadline ya'll let's go 👏

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 21:16:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

finally finished mine.
very happy with the outcome of it tho.
hoping the person who receives it will like it.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 22:18:53 )

@Hachi: I was just up earlier than you cause timezones.
I am so exciting. I love singing. I was in Choir from 5th grade until I finished high school.

I'm so rusty with most Japanese song that I kinda new. Since the pandemic I haven't been driving to work, and that was 45 mins one way, so I had an hour and a half every day to sing and listen to Japanese music. I feel so rusty with both. Gotta get my singing voice back.

Time to learn Japanese and get it anyway lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 22:37:01 )

@Totalanimefan: oh wow that's cool! you must be really good at singing then ;3c
I was never very confident about singing until I started doing a lot of karaoke ADLFJK I actually think I've improved a lot bc of it haha

yess.. singing in the car is very satisfying
now you have a reason to practice total!!

haha I did learn hiragana and katakana for karaoke.. if anything at least it helps me find songs in the app. the songs themselves are often too fast for me to actually read the lyrics while singing, so I end up memorizing instead asflkj

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 23:08:13 )

@Hachi: I don't know if I ever was, but even if I was, I'm not anymore XD
Choir singing is much different from singing a pop song.

Singing in the car is the only good thing about a car commute. Other than that I would rather take a train.

I took Japanese as my major, and even I find it too fast to read all the Kanji if I don't know the song really well. It's like the part of my brain that learned the song through hearing it and the part that can read Japanese never try to help each other out lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 09:17:29 )
it's so funny to see you saying there's less than two days away on the exchange on Jan 2 in my timezone hahaha

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 18:02:14 )

ALKDFJ timezones are so weird
you're in the future e!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 18:09:19 )

@Totalanimefan: this is true! but I think people in choir have a good grasp of like, tone/pitch. for me it's hard unless I have something (another person's voice or an instrument) I can harmonize with

I agree, it's the only good part about driving haha
sometimes I wonder if other people on the road notice me straight up karaoke-ing in my car

SAME
sometimes I try to sing a song by just reading the japanese lyrics (to like, practice I guess) but then I stumble over parts I know I have memorized, like why ADLKFJF

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 18:13:05 )

@Hachi: It's definitely a learned skill, but like most learned skills you can forget it if you don't keep up with it.

I think that too, but also I don't even care. Let them see me living my best life! lol

Me too. It's like I know this song. Just close your eyes and sing it and it will be right haha.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 19:39:30 )
Last day! Can I ask how many more people need to turn in their art? O: Or would that make them feel bad? D:

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.