Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2020 [gifts posted!]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 14:08:39 )
-stops in-
I've been neglecting this thread. I'm sorry - it has been unintentional (just busy with holiday stuff, etc., really)
I'm looking forward to the big reveals and seeing bunches of awesome artworks! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 18:42:41 )
I'm evidently really slow at lining

was at it for like ~4hr today since it's actually getting close to deadline now and I hadn't worked on it since the first day of sketching early on haha and it's not done???
it's not even that many lines!! how many times did I redraw the same line hahahahahaaa

e

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 19:27:40 )
lol I actually just started mine recently. Loved how my sketch turned out~ Lined the head so far. It does feel like I have to redraw lines so many times to get it the way I want... XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 19:44:57 )

@Shadami: SHADAMI
crying, why ya'll drawing for me..
thank you tho, it's amazing ADLKFJ I love the wine glass bc absolutely she would do that

@Totalanimefan: MOOD tbh if I knew 2019 was gonna be my last anime con for like the next 2 years I would have taken photos HAHA....
I feel this way about concerts especially. I don't wanna view the concert through my phone screen so I don't take photos or video but later I'm like, man I wish I had some to remember the concert more clearly haha
at least I can say that I enjoyed it when it happened, even if the memory is foggy now

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 19:45:51 )

dying, it also takes me forever to do lineart
but I think that's bc I bs the sketch and end up doing most of the drawing in the lineart stage ALDKFJLJ

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 20:45:10 )

I got the feeling that she would do that. xD I just mostly really wanted to draw the dino nuggets and "ketchup" hahaha

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:08:42 )
Cookie:

everybody take pics of seasons changing so I can live vicariously through you guys. Nothing changes here... the only season we get is hurricane season lol

FLORIDA LIFE!
even though I don't know where you live and FL isn't that only place that gets hurricanes lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:12:14 )

@Hachi: Yeah really T_T I did go to Magfest 2020 which is during New Years weekend, but I was sick in bed in the hotel room the whole weekend. It wasn't fun and I didn't do anything at the con. RIP.
My last concert was Otakon 2019. They had Bradio which was sooo amazing. I paid for front row tickets and I do not regret it. I had no idea it was going to be my last concert. At the rate Americans are getting vaccinated (which is slowly), I think that summer cons are still in danger. :(

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:28:16 )
Guys, I need an opinion. D: Should I go to this anime convention in February? Theyre gonna check everyones temp and provide masks and sanitizer and limit the capacity for rooms but I just dont know. orz

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 23:39:32 )
@hachi: Hey Hachi :) I'm not a participant for this year's art exchange. But can I draw your avatar & post it here? :o I really like it :)
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 04:13:58 )

@Totalanimefan: ahhh bradio! so cool
I haven't been to any anime convention concerts yet but I want to... SOME DAY......
hahaha honestly I have already accepted that cons won't be a thing until 2022 orz
I appreciate efforts to make the conventions happen virtually but it's not the same experience

@Jessamine: hey yeah that's totally cool, I'd love to see it!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 04:21:49 )

mmm yeah I'm with cookie on this one.. honestly being anywhere near a crowd makes me feel so anxious right now haha
I think a con happened in texas(?) recently, and there were a bunch of cases connected to it, it wasn't good...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 04:34:03 )
Kent:
Guys, I need an opinion. D: Should I go to this anime convention in February? Theyre gonna check everyones temp and provide masks and sanitizer and limit the capacity for rooms but I just dont know. orz

I would say no, but it depends. Is it in the US or another country?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 04:38:52 )

@Cookie: That's pretty tropical. To be fair it never gets cold in Miami either lol. The cold fronts are normally like Orlando and more north.
But yeah you really don't have any seasons in PR.

@Hachi: Being around a lot of people that I don't know, like in a crowd or a public space makes me freak out cause COVID. Bradio was sooo good. It was tie with the Home Made Kazoku concert I saw in 2010! So good.
I think in the before times there was a lot of cons in CA. I'm not sure which ones except for the really big ones. I don't know if that would be good for your first time. Also cons are more fun with a small group or your friends. If someone else could go with you it would be a blast! I'm starting to accept that cons probably won't be a thing until like Oct 2021 at the earliest but the thought of not having Otakon again is not only a bummer on a personal level, but I'm really worried that if there isn't an Otakon 2021, that Otakon won't exist anymore and they are the biggest con on the east coast. Their highest year was something like 34,000 people.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 05:53:57 )

@Cookie: I'm living in DC now and we have already gotten snow! It didn't stick to the ground though. It was nice to see it falling. It's really pretty if you don't have to go anywhere.
I feel like compared to the rest of FL, Jacksonville gets cold for sure in the winter. pretty far north compared to where I grew up. I grew up a 4-5 hour car drive south. Same coast. I hope that you get to move somewhere that makes you happy.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 06:15:28 )
oh yeah my sketch is so bs
I had to look at references for the actual lining process

I stayed up another 2 hours yesterday to finish the lines and it's got basic flat color now at least hahahaha progress

flats are at least easy once lines are done. bless fill tool

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 12:53:21 )
I think I'm done???? OOOOOO:

I'll think on it for tonight
I was considering doing actual shading and lighting but I doubt I'll be making more changes haha

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 14:08:30 )
-stopping back through-
-waves at everyone-

I'm really getting excited to see the artwork. I know I said that already, but ... artzzzz!!! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 21:11:50 )

@Totalanimefan: haha I've only ever been to really big cons.. I think the smaller ones would be a very different experience (like... less waiting in lines???? ADFLKJL) I'd like to go, but I think fewer of my friends would be interested in tagging along if it's small. The social aspect is a big part of the con experience! I get to see friends that I haven't seen in a long time because the cons bring everyone together in one place. I think that's the reason why I can't get into virtual cons.

aww yeah that would be really sad a lot of work and money goes into planning the events, I hope we don't lose cons like we lost restaurants this year

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 21:15:23 )

there's only a few days left before the deadline, remember to submit your art! ;3c

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.