Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:35:13 )

@Wildfire: I have a lot of those days lol and it doesn't make it better because of the pandemic. I should take a walk around ny neighbourhood too maybe not today though...

Yep sometimes plans changes but that's life =w=

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:38:51 )
@Purpsy: Exactly. It is definitely part of life, and things are definitely more complicated by covid, various lockdowns and all the resulting issues from that. Then you go and toss in a possible hurricane... yup. Life. As we know it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:40:18 )
This is exactly

I haven't gotten any of the storm yet actually.

And yeah, I got to work at 3:30pm today. So I got to sleep in a bit.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:42:56 )
It was overcast and semi-rainy here all day yesterday, with little spurts of wind kicking a few small things around. So far, it's looking like it's going to be about the same today.

I'm glad you got to sleep in. :3

Do you have anything else planned for the day today other than work and chatting here?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:45:18 )
This is exactly

No plan for today, but tomorrow is my day off. That'll be laundry and playing WoW's new content.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:46:28 )

@Wildfire: Sigh yeah but I try to be positive you know. Personally the pandemic doesn't affect me that bad because I'm very introverted to begin with but I still miss going outside without worries.

And oof do you live in those hotspots?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:46:39 )
Oh, new content is always fun! Is it released tomorrow? - is that why you're not going to try playing it today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:47:21 )
This is exactly

It releases tomorrow. Lol I'm happy it's dropping on one of my days off.

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:50:29 )
"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: I'm doing good so far - made a single cup of coffee, the hard way, because I think the coffee maker gets stressed with just a single cup of coffee.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 15:51:44 )
@Purpsy: Yup - I try to keep on the positive side of things too, but there are complications that this bug is adding to the equation of things just to live.

@Another Movie Addict: Oh, that is good timing for you then!

@0v7: the hard way? How ... ?? Do I want to know?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:00:10 )
My dogs are such wimps! Hubby just took them out for a walk and before they left the house, both of them looked out, saw the overcast skies and the little bit of wet on the sidewalk and just went "uuuuuhhh, do I have to?"

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:03:30 )

@Wildfire: Well we will overcome this!
Humanity has been through tougher shit before. Eventually things will go back to normal but tbh I've gotten used to the lockdowns and restrictions but that's me.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:07:28 )
@Purpsy: Yes, we will definitely get through it, and yes, humanity has been through worse before. I just don't like seeing all the negative effects on people because of a bug. But yes, we'll get through it. :3

So what kind of art are you planning on working on today?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:11:17 )

@Wildfire: The hard way was first trying to pour it through a filter that had coffee grounds in it.... it fell in the cup ._.
Second attempt was making it like tea and then pouring it through a fine mesh strainer. It turned out to be SUPER bitter.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:13:53 )
@0v7: that definitely sounds like the hard way - especially when you need the caffeine in order to make the coffee and to do the things...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:15:16 )

@Wildfire: I don't have a french press or a Keurig right now, so the hard way it is. I don't want to put unnecessary stress on my grandpa's coffee maker >w>;

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:17:12 )
Fortunately, you can get a french press pretty cheaply (but it's still an expense, I know). The other thing to try is maybe one of those single serve basket things for coffee where it holds the filter in place as you pour the hot water over (& let it steep?). They are used for camping most often, I think.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:29:32 )

@Wildfire: I'm planning on a French press or even a Keurig if we can afford it. The Keurig I was looking at is $60 but I did find one on Amazon for $50... hmm..

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:33:43 )
@0v7: Keurigs are certainly convenient and helpful if you (or those in the house) like different flavors of coffee or do one cup at a time type thing.

I like my french press, though I don't use it nearly as often as I would like. I don't think I have the patience for it first thing in the morning, TBH.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 16:36:52 )

............... my computer ... died.
Fortunately, I have a working laptop to use, but right now I'm really hoping that the last time the desktop sent up warnings I managed to get everything off it that I really need. I guess if worst comes to worst we can always take out the hard drive and recover the information from it that way, but that's another something to do that is just tedious and time consuming and I'd really rather not have to do right now. Ugh.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.