Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 21:46:57 )
@Wildfire: Glad things are going well, even if they're slow.
After breakfast, I disappeared to go get my son his flu shot. Then we went shopping for dinner stuffs (ox tail soup). I should see about registering him for preschool since I probably won't have much time the rest of this week.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 21:57:47 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: nope not a bad thing at all, only down side is its COLD haha. <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 21:58:02 )
@0v7: I LOVE IT.

Sorry for the late reply. <3 I love the lineart! :D

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 21:59:22 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Koah: That is the sketch lol!! Anything you want changed before I do real lineart??
(I'm kind of surprised you thought it was lineart :0 Didn't know my sketches were THAT clean)

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:00:46 )
@Aisukohi: So, errands. It sounds like a fairly productive day for you, though! :3

@star2000shadow: LOL. So what's going on for you now?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:02:59 )
@0v7: Well, my art style gives people heart attacks. I don't use layering. lol! so my "lineart" is just a bunch of scribbles that make shapes that I can see.
I'm loving what you're doing.
Your style makes me think of alt-aesthetic.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:08:03 )

@Koah: Omg I used to not use layers but then I was like wait... if I use an OBSCENE amount of layers I can fine tune.
ALSO :D I had no idea what that was till I web searched it n that's actually pretty neat :0

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:23:24 )
@0v7: Anytime I try to do layering, I mess up somehow. My brain just doesn't seem to wrap around how to do it. I've watched several tutorials and follow step-by-step.
Much respect to you for being able to do many layers and do digital that way. <3 :D
I'm glad you like alt-aesthetic. C:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:26:31 )
How much layering I use usually depends on what I'm doing. There are times where I use just overkill amounts of layering, and other times when I use none.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:27:58 )

I usually do a layer per color!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:29:06 )
I'm not that great with layers. TEAM NO LAYERS!! Jk lol. I try, but I'm just not great with them.

Sorry, trying to get this registration done. But also, gonna go walk on the beach. Be back later!!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:30:15 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: enjoying a day where my apartment isn't overheated we went from warm to cold, with the windows mostly closed its almost perfect in here haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:30:37 )
Oh, that's an interesting way of doing it, Seb! I usually break it up by what I'm trying to do or by different parts of whatever I'm working on.

@Aisukohi: Oh, now I want to go for a walk on the beach!! LOL! Enjoy your walk! <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:32:51 )

My method's so I can change colors by locking opacity and filling with the new color :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:37:00 )
@0v7: Oh! Now that's a trick I hadn't thought of. I might have to try that one!!
Do you get much bleed-off or dithering when you do that?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:37:21 )
@star2000shadow: Oh, I'm glad you found a good balance!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:48:29 )

@Wildfire: Nah, I use really sharp lines. Maybe I'll screenshot one of my layers in a finished art piece n show you.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 22:55:32 )

@Aisukohi: Here's your really clean sketch! I'll probs do flats on this maybe?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 23:06:48 )
@0v7: Oh, that could be interesting, Seb. It's always neat to see how other people work!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 23:16:18 )

@Wildfire: Ok so - I forgot that sometimes I """"paint"""" over my flats... but my flats are all pretty much just blocks of solid color so I can select opacity + fill.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.