Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 02:16:04 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

the carpet has been properly vaccumed again for now. corner 1 is clearer than before with one more section of stuff to clear out next week. corner 2 where i had moved some of the corner 1 clutter has lost about 6 square feet of floor space for now, but I think 4 sq ft might fit in the closet after I clear that out, but closet cleaning won't happen until I resolve the desk situation. definitely about to reach a critical point of being able to move a desk soon though... and then I can access to window and like... clean that and fix it because like... it doesn't open....

.... everything is not a hot mess here at all! :'D

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:01:30 )

Whelp... I'm having a.... Time....
Sorry I just poofed from existance for a bit...
My roommates decided they're going to scour the entire house so I will probs be on here till I can shower and go to bed.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:05:11 )

Hey Mimikyu

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:06:14 )

Howdy ho there.
Whatchya up to?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:15:11 )

@Crystalkitsune85: yeah I've seen over the moon.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:27:12 )

@Shadami: Did you like it? I thought it was pretty good, for being a movie made by an unknown studio. It was pretty visually. The story was kinda tropey, but I liked the animation.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:32:43 )

My daughters watch it on repeat xD
I think it was a very pretty movie, but isn't exactly my cup of tea. The music was to... jarring? I didn't like the beats to a bunch of them and they seemed to just have weird breaks in the songs that were just uncomfortable.
The story was cute but far to predictable. It didn't help that my kids were spoiling it the first time i watched it cause they'd seen it 10 times already. So the final gift i knew because of them sort of but I predicted absolutely everything else.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:37:13 )

I thought the music was pretty good. The only weird part I wasn't super into was the Ping-Pong scene. It was kind of a jarring thing to happen in terms of the flow of the story.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:40:52 )

Daily reminder to pick your Explore the Board squares~

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:42:21 )

As someone said in a review "it was a collection of Chinese culture things shoved together into a movie"
so i agree that it was really jarring BUT, i think it fit the brother so it works out in the overall narrative because he needed that confidence boost to show how much he loved his sister even though they'd only just met and how the ending that happened was clearly going to happen, and she needed a wakeup call.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:12:35 )

I mean I knew how it was going to end, because it was obvious. Although the kind of plot hole that didn't make sense

It was originally confusing how the other half of the Jade necklace ended up in the moon cake the 'other woman' gave her. I didn't even notice her putting that tin into her backpack in the first place. I mean it seemed like a weird way to introduce "the gift". I mean I get that it was symbolic but it seemed a bit too "easy" that, that's where it was. It was just an odd choice to present "the gift" in my opinion

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:14:57 )

Hi guys lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:15:18 )

Oh no no no I had that figured out super early. "I'm actually an ancestor of the lover" Oh here's a cake for you to show we're family. I hate you. i hate this MOON cake. I 'm going to take it with me anyways (cause i saw her pack it) I need a gift to make me whole by bringing my lover back. sob sob sob. And knowing the tendency to put things inside cakes as a good fortune thing and her wanting to show that shes going to be a good mom even though her real mom is dead. she loved the story. she's an ancestor of the dead man. It was just... to obvious.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:16:08 )

Hi TAF :D

i'm complaining about my lack of being able to enjoy movies and tv shows because i can predict the end to easy and it's really frustrating and sad. xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:17:03 )

I see. That is a problem. You could try watching it with a blank mind, or like veg out more when you watch something? That might help?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:27:46 )

I never put together that the new mom figure was the descendant of the other guy. That never even popped into my mind. But if she cooked a non food item (especially JADE) into a cake that'd be like...kinda dangerous. Coulda chipped a tooth or something. It was just thought it appeared because 'magic'. Like the moon cake represented 'moving on' if she ate it. So like the other half of the Jade appeared there via magic so it was convenient to introduce the 'gift' into the story. I also don't like how they gave Chung'e (sp?) a sort of snooty villain trope at the beginning when she was supposed to be like a regal Moon Princess. Also kind of sad how her tears ended up being her people, which I guess is what messed up her head into having a celebrity complex. I thought she looked really pretty when she was in depressed mode. No make up, no fancy hair. Just herself. And she gave Fei Fei good advice and then Fei was like "Take your own advice and move on."

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:27:56 )
time to ruin everything...

I think too much importance gets put onto a film's ending being unpredictable

yes if it's cliched and you're like 'yeah yeah yeah I know where this is going wrap it up' its not fun obvs

BUT LIKE... sometimes things being predictable is just like... because the movie gave you all the clues and progression you needed to get there you know? personally, I really goddamn hate movies and shows where it's like GOTCHA! YOU'RE NOT AS CLEVER AS US YOU NEVER SAW THIS COMING HUH??? and its like yeah dude... because you didn't set this up at all, you kept info from me... and there's no way I coulda came to this conclusion on my own, this sucks.

I really think spoiler culture's ruining movies and shows because I noticed a lot tend to skew towards that style of story telling now so they can have their BIG TWIST and its like man..... just tell a good story, I don't care.... (ESPECIALLY when they rewrite it because they see fans guessed it and are like "OH CHANGE IT WE GOTTA OUTSMART THEM-" like... dont??? JDHJKDH)

in my opinion, only valid twists are ones that had clues all along so you can be like OH SNAP when you rewatch it and piece it all together... bests twists are ones you coulda caught, whether you did or not >;'3c

(ALSO this has nothing to do with the movie you're talking about, I aint even arguing you HAHA Im just going on my own rant here)

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:28:30 )
time to ruin everything...

tl;dr: sometimes it's the journey not the destination, ya know?
later.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:29:07 )

Sorry guys, I had to shower and yeaaa....
What movie are y'all talking about? I can't find which one it is.
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:29:47 )

@MimikyuToo: It's called "Over the Moon" It's on Netflix.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.