Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:49:22 )

.... *looks up who david lynch is*

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:49:51 )

@ghost: If you have Steam you should look into TemTem. It's a lot like Pokemon. I played it for a while but haven't gotten back to it because of Genshin Impact, but I enjoyed it when I played it.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:50:26 )
time to ruin everything...

YEAH GOD SAME?? I remember playing it and being like "can I get off the rails yet?? am I still in the tutorial?? .... oh game's over." LIKE WOW... THANKS GUYS...

oh yeah the exploration was fun I got lost so much, loved it, more of that please

also I liked the character's designs in those ones

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:51:51 )

yeah I use steam, I'll def look into it o:

real talk I barely play any games, I'm so bad about it... I've been trying to let myself play more I get so busy tho

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:52:32 )

Also Pokemon Go Eevee/Pikachu was SUCH A RIP OFF!!! I got it, thinking it would be an interesting experience. Heck no. ITS HOT TRASH. IT's paying $60 for playing Pokemon Go, and going through the old Kanto Region.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:52:35 )

-looks at David Lynch's Wikipedia page-
I've heard of some of these movies, but I haven't watched any of them. I don't watch many movies though, so that's not a surprise. I clicked on the Dune link to see if it was based on the book Dune, and it is. I've seen that book before, and I've thought about reading it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:53:13 )

Something else i've noticed is that 4th editions for games generally are super tutorial and cringe. and just dumbed down versions with a shiny gloss to appeal to wider audiences (unless 4th edition came before 2000 i believe) . It felt that way for dnd. it felt that way for Wow. Sims 4 is taking a lot of heat for the same thing.

maybe with longer series it's the 8th. Cause FF8 got a a bit of heat if i remember right because 7 was so good. and then Pokemon 8 i believe was sun and moon?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:54:17 )

Dune was in that long series of stuff on the imdb ? i missed it xD I think I've actually seen Dune.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:54:40 )

FF8 was fine (and still a lot of people's favorites) but it was different from FF7 which was a lot of people's first Final Fantasy and I think that confused a lot of people that weren't used to the way Square mixed it up every game.

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:54:47 )

DYING SO THE DUNE THING IS VERY FUNNY because everyone hated it, especially fans of the book

but the thing is like... don't give a movie to David Lynch if you want it done a certain way, and absolutely DON'T give him an adaptation

because he's going to do his own thing and it's going to be goddamn weird

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:55:01 )

Iiiii can't keep up today, I'm thinking of going to bed early....
I'll post in here later.
Have a great night guys!
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:56:14 )

Ooh, maybe I should watch the movie before reading the book then because I'm definitely the type to be annoyed by stuff like that

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:56:17 )

oh yeah FF8 is my husbands favorite of them. But I just remember it getting a Toooooon of heat and not selling well xD or something. I was kinda young lol. I was just using it as an example.

Like i happen to love sims 4, but this trend of large hate levels seems to hit on the 4s and 8s.

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:56:32 )

night mimikyu! sorry for coming in here and rambling a storm HAHA

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:56:48 )

What’s everyone up to tonight?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:57:33 )

i recall liking the dune movie. and i now own the book and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But I feel like what i did read of the first chapter was nothing like my memory of the movie xD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:57:50 )

Oddly enough, the final fantasies that have the most broken story lines don't get as much hate as FF8 did at the time.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:58:00 )

Talking about how simple minded games are these days, because of how simple minded people seem to be? Like the newer Pokemon games.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:58:00 )

@MimikyuToo: sleep well enjoy vivid dreams

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:59:00 )

I don't even know if Id' recommend watching it (not my fave of his work) but at the same time.. I almost do

because I can't IMAGINE how funny of an experience it would be going from the movie to the book
later.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.