Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:21:12 )

@Moodyb: it's awesome to branch out and do new things! I think adding backgrounds to your usual art (people) would really make it a full piece. I can see how it would help you tell a story through the drawing.

oh like a terrarium? that sounds really neat plants are fun to draw too.
getting a sticker of your own art would be so cool. I think it's really motivating to see your art in physical form.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:21:47 )

AFK status would be nice. I was on another forum that had that option

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:21:59 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@hachi: art club
everything was unnecessarily preprofessional where i went to school so art clubs were still like ... art industry / do things to look good on paper focused i def felt like i couldn't really make time for fun art the way like the kind u see on voltra

i think same for me, middle/high school avi sites was most of the regular habit art i did :0 idk anyone irl who is into this kind of stuff though
but i was super excited to get back into this style of character art after joining voltra this year!!

omg can we see the meme

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:23:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: This one i had started before the prompt so it took me
about 6 ish days to finish. But i overall liked how it came out.

@Alicethemadhatter: I am good, slowly posting around
to get the rest of the items.

@Hachi: Normally i do some simple backgrounds
but i feel i could push it a lot further. So backgrounds and painting in general i want to improve on.

Yeah! I thought it was such a cute idea. Originally i was going to fully make it pink
but that stressed me out so i just chose colors i thought looked pleasing together.

For real, it really is. my main goal for art is to make merch and stickers people would want.
i also really just want to..package orders. i love packaging...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:24:33 )
Ernya is the site that comes to mind with that feature, and it was hella handy. Of course I consider myself spoiled by that site. ^^;

But anyway, this site does a fantastic job with the things it does have!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:24:51 )

I miss Ernya :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:26:32 )
Ditto. </3

Honestly though, this is the first site I've found that even compares to it, both in atmosphere and avatar quality. It's so refreshing.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:26:44 )

i'm starting to play with backgrounds more and more often, especially on my rare commission full pieces. xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:26:53 )

@moodyb: oh nice outfit change ^^
it looks really good i think ur efforts definitely paid off! did u have any inspo for the bottle idea? the concept is v cute ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:27:24 )

I agree. We are lucky to have Voltra :)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:27:49 )

yeah i also am trying to think abt bgs a bit more this year ..... it's so easy to do just a figure on a blank white bg, i feel like i haven't really gotten into the mindset of like, full piece w/ bgs since i've mostly done busts
i'm trying to be more composition-minded but i feel like it's a slightly different approach maybe??

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:28:05 )

Ernya was my favorite avatar site for a good while. I think it was the third one I found after Gaia and Solia, and I left both of those for the most part to focus on Ernya

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:28:48 )

@xvz: booo that's lame
I think my uni probably had professional art clubs too, but ofc why would I join that when I can join... the anime art club?? hello??????
I love the chill/supportive fun art environment. it's so important to have people that are just genuinely interested in your art and want to see you make cool things.

oh it's not like a funny meme, it's like a drawing meme (challenge? prompt?) haha
hhhHH im hesitant to show it tho bc I drew it SO FAST and it's so lazy..

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:29:09 )

aw sorry to hear about ernya :-( may if something happened or did ppl just eventually stop being active?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:29:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: thank you. not sure how well it looks lol. but oh well.
haven't bough new items in forever.

An artist i watch was showing us some plants she has in these little glass looking bottles on her stream
and i thought it was a good idea to have a person in it with some plants/blossoms.
I'm not very well known plant person so i have no idea what it's called. :vanora_sweat:
but also saw some ideas on pinterest as well.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:30:01 )

Ernya just shut down one day. KAPUT. :( it was a big shock to everyone and tbh I'm still sad about it.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:30:28 )

I wasn't active when it closed, so I'm not sure entirely. I just know bits and pieces that I've heard

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:32:03 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

ah ernya. admin separated, low userbase, it just wasn't making enough money to even sustain itself in the end.

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:32:26 )
Long story short, the owners were losing money and finally decided to call it quits, but the way they handled it was very poor, imo.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:32:50 )
-returns-
I think I'm done being intellectually functional for the day. :(

I sometimes get notifications that a friend has started a new thread. In some ways, it's nice to know, but there are more times I wish I could turn it off.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.