Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:18:38 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

moody what do you think you'll be making studies of next? ^^
also wanted to say you seem like you've been working hard on art lately :-) not sure if other ppl in ur irl acknowledge it so just wanted to say i see u!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:18:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it's not real bad, just slight discomfort but it should go away soon.
That is good to hear.

@Vixen: Probably another mountain but it has more color in it.
I'm slowly trying to get familiar with painting so when i do portraits it wont feel so scary and daunting.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:21:18 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@MoodyB: nice! i'm cheering you on \o/
what medium are you using? (digital, acrylic, oil, watercolor etc)

I am not an actual NPC.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:23:23 )
@Vixen: thank you. I'll have to go check it out as soon as I get a chance to take more than a 30 second breather - lol. Was it a difficult chapter?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:23:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: Yeah no one irl really notices. :vanora_sweat:
not many people in IRL really know i make art or care that i make art.

art is just my escape from stress so im just trying to do the best i can
and practice so i can eventually connect with people.

I'm mostly focusing on landscapes to warm up to portraits.

@Vixen: Thank you.
I am a Digital Artist. Sadly i do not have the income to expand outside of digital.
I'd love to do design gouache if i could tho.
I'm not super big with watercolor or acrylics lol.
but i'd have to get better with my traditional media first. traditional art just makes me lazy lol.
So i be that digital artist.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:25:35 )

@Wildfire: lol no. xD about me relaxing with sims instead of working on things.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:26:32 )

@xvz: Well it was recomended for me before but I subscribe to this fellow youtuber that owns and vlogs her pet guinea pigs which got me into watching guinea pig videos xwx

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:26:50 )

@Wildfire: it's not difficult per se, there's just a lot going on LOL

@MoodyB: yeah i understand; physical mats are expensive, even the student grade ones hahah.... T__T supposedly the professional grade paints have such high concentration of pigments that you need just a speck to color the blob of white filler (or that's the case with oils anyway). my old instructor let me use some of her vermillion red and it was incredible XD

I am not an actual NPC.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:27:05 )
@Shadami: Oh, well... uhhh... no Sims for you!!! -huffs- LOL. Dude, if you need the break to go play Sims, go play Sims! Really! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:27:41 )
@Vixen: Ok! Thank you for that insight. I will definitely wait to do it then :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:27:51 )

hehe ^-^ I was being silly. But yeah your art is next. I'm not sure what I want to do quite yet. I keep looking at the clown and thinking.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:29:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: Yeah. I also would not have barely anything to paint. :vanora_sweat:
I have maybe...one sketch to paint lol. but it is a proud sketch i love of an OC of mine.
Tho i was planning to experiment with jelly gouache...because for one...the yellow case...
but to paint traditionally...i'd need so many supplies it would cost me $50. Almost 60 and i don't make nearly enough
to buy it all.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:31:24 )

@Vixen: Wow your post style is incredible!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:34:36 )

@MoodyB: yeah just getting the essentials is expensive >__> i used to go to a studio that provided all the materials/paint/canvas/brushes, which was helpful for beginners, but man the bristles on those brushes got destroyed fast. ...but in similar vein, i mostly do digital now because mat costs and space lol

@Purpsy: ahhh thank you <3

I am not an actual NPC.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:36:32 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: Yeah, right now only digital is in my budget.
Though, I also need to replace my art tablet as it doesn't have the max level of pen pressure
and feel that kinda holds me back a little since without stabilizers, my lines will come out bad.
So I need to save up for a new tablet.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:39:08 )

@MoodyB: what is the max level of pen pressure? as in your tablet isn't recognizing all the levels of pressure or the granularity of pressure just isn't supported? i've never used stabilizers for lines, so i can't say much about it's effects on pen pressure. but without stabilizer, if you're able to get a largeish drawing space, it helps with smoother lines to use one big motion.

I am not an actual NPC.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:44:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vixen: Mine only has 2k of pen pressure. and the max of pen pressure tablets have is about 8k.
so it's quite the difference. and very noticeable. as my current model does not blend great.
and without built-in stabilizers, i would not be able to draw with it at all because the lines are very noticeably not smooth.
CSP has a built in one, so if CSP didn't have it, i'd probably given up drawing all together.
because my art the foundation is linework.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:49:10 )

@koneko: Awe they are adorable and the sweetest but I'm sorry for your loss.
I learned they don't live very long.

@Vixen: Mhm np and I especially love the mirror effect. It looks really good on a darker voltra theme.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:50:33 )

@MoodyB: ah gotcha, the pressure granularity. i think my old tablet was around 2k as well. it died recently after 11 years, but it was workable. i did have to make up for the lack of pressure levels with how hard i used the pen though. like compared to my current tablet, the 2k pressure was press much harder for the heaviest lines and much lighter for the thinner lines. probably wasn't good for my arm/wrist though now that i think about it... :/

@Purpsy: ah i haven't looked at it dark mode, but glad it seems to be compatible :3

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 19:54:05 )

@Vixen: Mhm some avis looks better on dark mode like my current avi for instance.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.