Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:55:53 )
My thing is, I'm never traveling without someone I know and/or without a guide. I'm terrified of getting lost or going to the wrong places, so gotta stay safe!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:56:37 )
@xvz: I want to go back to Italy. We spent a week in Rome last summer and it was amazing. I would absolutely love to spend much more time exploring that wonderful country and I also want to see much more of Europe. If I could, I'd move there and just travel around for the next five years. On more of a quick-visit level, I'd like to see Belize and Costa Rica; maybe a couple other areas in the Yucatan peninsula area. I would absolutely adore being able to go to Thailand for some time. Going to Japan might be interesting to visit too.

Yes, I have wanderlust. :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:56:51 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

oohh the sticky rice? biko?

and noo lol i haven’t left my bed yet >_> i should probably get up and be a person tho haha ...

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:57:58 )

i might have some coffee and steamed buns w soymilk tho, i’ve been mostly having that for breakfast all week and i’ve quite enjoyed it ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:58:15 )
@xvz: That's a good list!
@Aisukohi: Yes, I understand that. It's probably a really smart idea too - especially if you're going to places where you don't speak the language.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 17:58:59 )

ohh yeah i really admire ppl who solo travel! i think ideally i’d have another person to go with but i hope someday i have the guts to just go myself!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:02:02 )
@xvz: Yeah, me too. In some ways it would be easier, but in others it's really scary - especially in countries with other languages than whatever you speak. It's scary enough sometimes traveling alone even within our own borders - eeesh.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:02:34 )
-disappears for a few minutes to work on things- BBS.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:02:57 )

ohh wildfire nice! writing these down maybe they should go on my bucket list too haha
italy and greece i think i’d like to see too!
i’ve never been to europe before but hopefully someday can do the whole euro trip thing
i know what u mean abt wanting to spend a few years traveling! i am saving up so maybe someday in the future i could try to make it happen too :0

it sounds like you’ve done a good bit of traveling already! ^^ do u usually go w the whole family?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:05:18 )

true the language thing is a good point :0
i guess it’s not too bad if you’re visiting but i can imagine feeling isolated if you were to stay there a while and not really know how to communicate
i guess some places can be english friendly, like i’ve heard berlin u can get around as a english speaker, but i guess spanish would probably be a useful one to know in general too :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:10:17 )
@xvz: Most of our non-US travel has been in the caribbean, and Mexico, tbh. I have been to Canada several times as well, and I've been through a decent part of the US; not always with the family. The trip to Rome was an awesome opportunity that we jumped on. I wanted to get the kids exposed to a different perspective than the strictly American one. Although I did make an effort to learn some Italian before we went -and it definitely helped!- we could have gotten by just fine by speaking English. Everyone spoke English in Rome, it seems.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:11:27 )
Yes, I would love to visit Greece and parts of Turkey too - the whole Mediterranean area, actually :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:13:48 )

Yeah most people in Europe speak at least a little English. They learn it at school.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:14:35 )

@Aisukohi: That is so me too. Even just going to Downtown I need a buddy with me. Is scary and pretty boring to go there by myself qwq

@xvz: Haha I was awake at 8 and still snuggled on my bed for a good hour watching guinea pig videos on youtube xwx

Now I want to lay down again lol

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:14:39 )

oh cool ^^ i haven’t been to either of those places but would love to someday!

that’s good to know abt rome :0 for places that aren’t primarily english speaking, i can imagine some places are still friendlier than others to english speakers... and some places might be scarier than others for tourists/foreigners i would imagine, like more likely to get pickpocketed or scammed if u look too clueless

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:15:14 )

wildfire i remember u mentioning learning italian, is that travel related at all?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:23:55 )
@sunny: That's what I thought, but it's nice to have it confirmed. That said, I do believe that if you're traveling (other than a day trip to a real touristy spot, maybe), you should probably try to speak at least a couple things in the language. Bonus points for trying at the very least. :3

@xvz: Partially. I actually started learning Italian before we planned the trip. My real motivation was because I learned French in high school, and, because we live in this huge country where it's tough to speak anything other than English unless you're part of a strong ethnicity that still keeps its background alive, I lost it. I tried refreshing my knowledge, and was getting frustrated - couldn't get out of the "I should know this!" thing. So, knowing that Italian was both similar to and different enough from French, I decided to start learning that. I wanted to learn it anyway... then the trip... and ...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:24:30 )

sunny i hope you can visit new zealand sometime! i think it’s doable if it’s a dream of yours :-)

purpsy omg lol guinea pig videos ... cute!! ^0^
i think in the past i’ve been better abt getting up, but this year it takes me a long time to finally get out of bed :s
on weekdays sometimes i’ll play genshin for 20-30 min just to wake myself up lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:27:43 )

ohh yeah it’s harder to do language learning in isolation ... like the best way to keep it is to be using it which is hard if no one else around u speaks it either

i learned french in hs but probably can’t watch a movie wo subtitles, more like back of the shampoo bottle reading lol
i wanna learn spanish but it’s been p adhoc/ unstructured so i’m still p basic at it, but it’s such a popular language in the states and also globally that i feel like it would be really useful to know!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 18:30:24 )
Morning fellow volties!

Come join me at my lil
&

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.