Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 07:49:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Erica went through essential hell for close to 40 minutes, before the man's eyes opened wider.

"NOW!" he exclaimed.

"EXPEL HER MANA! BANISH HER FROM YOUR BODY!" he declared.

"BY THE POWER OF THE LORD, I PURIFY YOU!" he finished, his voice more booming than before... and evoking the presence of God themselves... before he pulled his hand up from her... and familiar translucent crimson red mana coming up with it, encased in his own mana.

He continued to raise his hand upwards, until the crimson mana stopped flowing out of Erica's body, and he used his other hand to cut through the connection of his mana to her... trapping the dark elf mana.

"And done." he declared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 07:56:53 )

Ashleigh watched the entire thing, not sure what to make of it, and when he finished, and Erica seemed to go limp for a few seconds, she met his gaze.

"... Thank you." She said simply, gratitude in her voice.

"I don't know what brought you down here to help her, but ... thank you. Something tell sme that it would not be good to have lost her to my sister."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:04:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." he was silent, before using his mana to forcefully undo the straps, allowing Erica full motion and movement once more.

"Don't. Don't thank me." he said.

"Not like THAT, anyway." he told her.

"You want to properly thank me, you can 2 things right now." he then said further, looking into her eyes.

"The first is to go and help the young one suffering from your sister's cursed mana." he told her. "The second is to try and not evoke the image of your sister like that ever again." he went on.

"Your sister has gotten her claws into one such as Erica in the past. And you unknowingly pretty much quoted her when you said this would 'definitely a learning experience'." he revealed.

"...the last one she got her claws into died horribly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:10:25 )

Ashleigh was silent, looking stunned when he told her that she echoed Vanessa too much.

"I.... Fuck. I never meant for that, I'm so sorry." She apologised, and he could hear the sincerity.

"and she's had one like Erica before? That... that's absolutely terrifying." She added before pausing, her complexion paling.

"oh fuck, you're talking about Ebby, aren't you?" She asked, using the shortened form of her name, also not connecting the dots for the moment.

"I... had completely forgotten about her... I guess it's just... one of the many horrors I've suppressed." She admitted before shaking her head.

"Anyway, I'm going to go and help the teen. I'm sure Ebony'll find you at some point to thank you or something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:25:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man paused when he heard that, and she could see the shock and disbelief in his expression... to the point of being stunned. He looked at her for close to 10 seconds in pure silence, before finally finding his voice.

"...right." he said.

"First thing. It's fine. Just... be mindful of that in the future." he told her. "Your her sister, so I can't expect you to not have some similarities to her, but if you truly want to leave her behind and wash your hands of her, try and stop imitating her. Intellectual curiosity is fine, but you sounded like this one was nothing more than a mere case study in that moment." he explained.

"Secondly... and more importantly... E-Ebony?" he stammered.

"You... I... THAT Ebony?" he asked her.

"She's... she's HERE?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:29:32 )

"I... swear I didn't mean for it to come off as that. I honestly wanted to know, in case some shit like this happens again in the future." Ashleigh assured him before pausing, seeming to be trying to process what he said. She hadn't said anything about....

Then it clicked.

"Oh holy fuck." was all she said, her voice, face, everything, showing how stunned she was. It really wasn't hard to believe that she had honestly not connected that.

"Right. I ... I have to go help the teen. I ... fuck, sorry, but I'm leaving you to your own devices." She then said with a shake of her head before heading to the door.

"How was I that blind...?" She wondered quietly as she opened the door. Mere seconds later, she was gone, leaving him with Erica, who carefully sat up.

".... Thank you... so much. This silence is... more than I could have ever wished for." She said simply, her voice grateful.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 08:43:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." he was silent as Ashleigh said what she did and hastily made her exit. He watched the door, stunned for a moment, before looking over towards Erica. He sat down in the chair that was beside the table, and sighed.

"I know." he said.

"I... I'm glad I was able to help." he told her.

"You... didn't deserve to be suffering like that. I... I'm just glad that it worked." he went on.

"And thank you in return." he then said further. "You caught on quickly to what was happening, thereby making the process smoother and a lot more speedy." he explained.

"...just take it easy for an hour or so."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 11:55:04 )

"I may not be the smartest person out there, but I know how to take direction." Erica commented honestly.

"Just.... still. Thank you. I can definitely take it easy for a bit." She then said.

"Even with the mana out, I still feel like shit." She added. "So don't worry, I'll definitely take it easy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:01:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that's a side-effect from my mana, sadly." he told her.

"Actually, it's combined. My mana is very strong, so your body is still reeling from it a bit, plus that dark elf's mana leaves a bad taste in ones mouth, so to speak, and your curse was essentially invaded for a bit." he explained.

"So you'll feel bad for a while... but it'll be ignorable after an hour or so. It varies from person to person." he said.

"..." he was then silent, before looking at her in her eyes.

"You're strong." he said.

"You held off against her for an impressive length of time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:29:01 )

Erica just sighed as he said that last bit.

"... I don't even know how I didn't succumb." She commented honestly.

"... If aI may ask... who are you?" She then asked after a few seconds. "Who do I owe my continued sanity to?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:37:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent for a moment, before smiling at her.

"My name is Gabriel." he told her. "Or just 'Gabe'." he added.

"And I'm... an angel. A guardian angel, I suppose." he went on, walking over towards the door.

"Anyway, just lay back down and take it easy. Odds are you're feeling a little disoriented and dizzy at the moment, so don't keep yourself elevated for too long. Again, an hour or so, all right?" he asked.

"As for me..." he went on, opening the door, but still looking at her.

"...I'm going to find an empty room where I can disappear without a fuss being made, and let my sister do her work."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 18:51:06 )

Erica wasn't a dumb woman, she was actually rather smart, and had to be quite perceptive, given her line of work. However, she wasn't at peak performance, so it wasn't hard to believe that she wasn't able to properly sift through information for the moment.

"I... yeah." She said before pausing a moment.

".... Is there any way I can properly thank you?" She asked. "Dinner? Drinks?" Ashe asked as he was about to leave. Meanwhile, There was someone in the hall who froze when he opened the door, heard his voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 20:51:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe paused for a moment, thinking about her offer, pondering what the answer could be to it. He narrowed his eyes as the gears turned in his mind, before looking at her once again.

"...hm." he mumbled.

"I DO like some of the foods that this realm has to offer." he told her.

"Dinner with you DOES sound like a tempting offer." he admitted. "I'll take you up on that at some point." he went on.

"...just send a prayer up. I'll find it." he smiled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 21:53:25 )

Erica just nodded.

"Of course." She said.

"We can figure that out in the future." She added. "... and thank you again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 00:04:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just smiled again.

"You're welcome, Erica." he responded, before stepping out of the room, shutting the door, sparing a lingering look towards her, turning around, and then freezing in place when he saw the one that had frozen when she saw and heard HIM.

"......ah..." he stammered.

"I... I..." he stuttered further.

"E... E... Ebony?" he then asked her.

"......Ebby....?" he asked further, his tone more quiet now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 00:31:23 )

She was silent, seeming to be having a hard time breathing for a moment.

"Gabe... You..." She started before shaking her head.

"I... You're here because of Erica, aren't you?" She asked, a soft smile to her voice and face

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 00:57:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel was silent again for a moment, his brain trying to process her question, before he finally nodded.

"Y... yes." he said.

"She... she was suffering. From the curse, and because of that damned dark elf." he told her.

"Sariel... she told me about this. She... reminded me of what I am. Who I used to be." he went on.

"I couldn't... I didn't... she didn't deserve that fate." he sighed.

"...I thought... I... you..." he then stammered further, before just giving up.

His mind was a typhoon of emotions and thoughts, and he didn't know what to say to her right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 01:48:56 )

Ebony just smiled softly.

"Good to hear." She said with a chuckle.

"Do... you have time to chat?" She asked, her voice curious, hopefully.

"Or... if not now, let me call you when I'm done my shift?" She then suggested, an almost hopeful tone to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 02:08:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I have time!" Gabriel spat out quickly.

"Plenty!" he told her, before pausing, and clearing his throat.

"Ah, yes." he mumbled.

"I have the time right now if YOU do." he clarified.

"Just... find a place." he told her.

"Here, elsewhere, anywhere." he went on.

"Let's... let's talk."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 02:24:28 )

Ebony chuckled lightly.

"give me a minute." She said before heading off to find Nate, as at he was the main one in charge for the moment. Assuming she was recalling that accurately. Sure enough, she found him in one of the break rooms, checking in on something.

"Hey...." She greeted as she stepped in.

"I... gonna have to bail for a bit." She told him honestly.

"Part of my history has come up."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.