Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 21:46:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, and then sighed quietly.

"I'm sorry." he apologised, sounding more subdued, and a little guilty. "If I could, I would." he told her. "...or, rather, I'd tell you I could, and you would 'allow' me to." he muttered in clarification.

"If you want, I can lessen the burden, but that's about all I can do." he lamented.

"...at least they're back." he mumbled quietly, before looking towards the ceiling.

"And... well... if there's anyone that's not a dark elf that can remove mana like that, it should the ones related to Ezekiel." he reasoned, though she could hear unsureness to his tone. He seemed to notice this however he cleared his throat quickly before she could potentially say something.

"I know next to nothing about Celestials and Infernals." he clarified.

"Celestials are 'known' for literally working miracles." he reasoned with a shrug. "I'm sure they'll be able to do more than I."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:34:01 )

"I know, and I hope so." was all Angela said.

"And... I'm not sure if lessening it would be a good idea. Wouldn't that be more torturous?" She asked after a moment or two.

"To have more of an awareness of how there's an extra influence within you, yet able to do nothing about it."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:55:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal paused for a moment, pondering her query.

"...an interesting moral quandary." he said. "One can argue it depends on the individual." he went on. "But in this situation, the individual is unable to say what they prefer." he went on.

"I so suppose that awareness of such a situation IS particularly torturous." he then admitted.

"Or... to put it more bluntly and broadly... ignorance is bliss." he muttered further, sighing heavily afterwards.

"Sadly, that decision may very well be up to you, once you see how they are faring." he lamented.

"My apologies for it coming down to that, however." he then apologised to her.

"Is there anything else?" he asked. "Or was it to tell me that Erica and Olivia are back, though still under the influence of Encrae?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:04:52 )

"There are two elves as well, but I know nothing about them." Angela said before giving him the information that was needed for it.

Meanwhile, a black haired woman made her way into the medwing, having just arrived for her shift. As she stepped out of the break room after dropping her stuff off, and started to making her rounds, she froze as she passed a door. She knew that mana, and it was taking everything she had to not lash out immediately.

As she peered through the window of the door and saw who was there, all bets were off. She made her way to where they kept the meds and syringes, made a cocktail that would likely be lethal in a syringe, and started to make her way back to where he was lying prone on the bed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:23:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Unfortunately for her, she had taken just long enough, that she saw the door to the room where her target was... was open. When she peered inside, she saw Nate there, checking over the one in the bed, shaking his head.

"Dear, dear, dear..." he mumbled.

"I don't know what you did to yourself, but at least you're not about to just up and die." he said further, before realising that someone was watching him. He then turned around and smiled at her.

"Hey Alicja." he said, before pausing and narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, uh... sorry, Rose." he then apologised.

"Hi, Rose." he greeted her. "Just getting in?" he asked, making polite conversation.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:28:21 )

"Out of the way, Nathan." The one he'd greeted stated, more venom in her voice than he thought was possible for Alicja to have.

"If you don't, I'm sure this cocktail will do wonders on you too." She threatened.... actually, it was a promise, and he could tell easily. They didn't know each other much, barring the fact that Nate knew when it was her, as Alicja's eyes acquired a bit of a blue echo overtop of the hazel they naturally were, and they knew each others names.

"Because that worm is going to die, I don't care what you do to try and stop me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:51:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...excuse me?" Nate asked. This was not something he expected to hear today, at all. However, he had no time to be shocked or stunned, so he hardened his gaze a little, and put the chart he was holding down.

"Right, it's clear you know who this is." he said.

"And it's clear you don't like them." he went on.

"But this is the medical wing. The equivalent to a hospital." he told her.

"And no harm shall come to these patients while they are here. That is the vow we have taken." he continued.

"...or, rather, I have taken it, that's for sure. And if I were to allow you to have your way with him, then I would be guilty of causing harm to him. I am here to heal, not to judge." he told her further, sternly.

"So if you are prepared to take ME down as well, then that is what you have to do, Rose."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:56:52 )

"So be it, Nathan. If you want to be the shield for this blight, then so fucking be it. Your funeral." was all Rose said before starting to recite something.

There was on thing people often forgot. Alicja had multiple souls thrust within her mortal shell, yes, but all of those souls still had their mana.

And Rose was arcane, meaning that she could do nigh on anything with the right incantation.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 01:27:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nathan did not know the man on the table, and so he was not personally attached to him. He had no real deep reason for saving him, other than it was his medical and moral duty to. And also, he knew that if Rose went through with her intentions... everyone in Alicja's body would suffer the consequences. Even if it meant Alicja herself wouldn't be able to work her any longer, due to the unpredictability of her other selves.

So for those reasons, he did what he did.

As she started to recite whatever it was she was doing, he planted his feet and launched himself at her. He intended to tackle her down to the ground and try and interrupt what she was saying. If she continued, he would gag her with his hand if he had to.

He rammed into her and sent her flying back, the two of them landing on the floor.

"STOP IT, ROSE!" he yelled.

"It's not worth it!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 01:35:41 )

Rose took the brunt of the impact, and it was enough to cause her to stop reciting whatever she was. The impact knocked the air out of her lungs, and while she was struggling to breathe, Nate had the chance to to actually do anything, if he wanted to. As she was down, the syringe fell outof her grasp, and he was able to kick it away.

He was pinning her now, refusing to let her up. The question was what he'd do with his newfound position.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 01:59:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate didn't want to hurt Rose. Or anyone else in Alicja's body. He continued to pin her down, and clamped a hand over her mouth to prevent her from starting up any more recitations or spells.

"Someone get a sedative!" he called out.

"Rose isn't in her right mind, and she may hurt someone!" he declared.

He then looked at her, and narrowed his eyes.

"Rose, if you won't calm down, then someone else in there take over!" he said, narrowing his eyes and concentrating on her life aura.

He'd come to know the vast majority of who was in there, to the point where he could tell who it was from their aura, when he couldn't see their eyes. Optimally, someone more composed and in-control would assume command of the body, but if nobody did, then the body would be put to sleep.

He had to protect the patient. If nothing else, he didn't want to work and effort that Angela had put into stabilising him to go to waste.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 02:10:17 )

Rose fought against him, and fought hard. There was a definite struggle, but he had the upperhand, being on top of her. Plus the fact taht she couldn't breathe correctly helped.

After a couple of minutes, he was blinded by an aura switch. It was enough to literally blind him for a few seconds, but that wasn't because it was bright. It was more because of how it took his brain a few seconds to process the abrupt swap.

When he could properly process it, he realised that the form below him was calm, well... mostly. She couldn't breathe properly as he had his hand in the way, and she was still kind of reeling from the impact earlier.

She managed to get her free arm up and shove him off.

"dammit Nate." She said, and he could tell exactly who it was from that. It wasn't who he'd probably hoped, Alicja, but was the other usual, Ebony. She was able to get her breathing under control after about a minute though.

"You know she ain't happy with you, right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 02:29:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as Ebony said all she did, some staff returned with what he'd asked for. Nate put a hand up when they got close, and shook his head.

"Ebony took over." he told them. "It's fine now." he assured them further.

They nodded and left, causing Nate to just sigh.

"I know." he told her.

"But right now? Honestly? I don't care." he said. "She can be angry at me all she wants, this is not a place to act out vigilante justice, or revenge desires, or anything of the sort." he reasoned.

"Call it naïve, call it idealistic, call it stupid, but I think that a hospital... or equivalent thereof... should be a safe place, no matter the patient." he went on. "What happens outside this place is another thing, but in here? I will do all I can to ensure the safety and health of the patients here." he then told her, getting to his feet and extending a hand to help her up as well.

"Plus, Dr. Edwards put a lot of effort and stress into making sure his heart wouldn't just give out as soon as he got her. She would not be thrilled if Rose had come along and decided to negate all that work." he added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 02:33:59 )

Ebony just sighed.

"You don't get it, Nathan." She started, meeting his gaze, her almost black eyes serious.

"He's part of the reason that this shell is as it is." She continued as she got to her feet.

"He was working with the bitch that broke this body more times than I'm sure you could hope to understand and comprehend, all in an attempt to create the perfect soldier. She wanted to create someone who could use all mana, everything.... and she kind of succeeded. Any of us in here can access it, but not nearly as strongly as she wanted." She continued.

"But... he helped. He was the one who caught Alicja in the first place. He was the one who abused Rose to get her to cooperate...he's the one that had the largest hand in breaking all of us."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 02:55:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent as Ebony explained the situation, and who the person in the bed was, and she saw that he was now feeling conflicted. He didn't like actively thinking about what had happened to Alicja when she was under Vanessa's control, what she went through, the other souls that had suffered under her... and to hear that the one in the bed had a hand in it... the largest hand, according to Ebony... hurt him. She could see it plain as day.

He then looked away, and closed his eyes.

"...be that as it may..." he said, trailing off a little, and almost acting like he couldn't say any more.

"...I can't allow you, or anyone else in that body, or anyone else at all to try and hurt him or kill him." he told her. "Believe me, hearing this... I want to go in there and... and..." he continued, his hands balling into fists now. "...the things I want to do... the things I have the power to do..." he went on, his hands now shaking, his knuckles turning white... before his hands suddenly relaxed.

"...but if I were to act on it... if I were to knowingly allow someone to do something to him... then if I wasn't fired from here... if I wasn't brought up on charges of any sort... even if I was and they were cleared... I would quit." he informed her. "I could never work in this field again." he said further.

"I'd no longer have any right to call myself a doctor. Or a medic. Or anything like that." he said quietly.

"I'm sorry, Ebony. Rose. Alicja. Whomever else is hearing me say this right now." he apologised.

"Hate me all you want. Believe me, part of me hates myself for taking this stance, but I cannot in good conscience back down from this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 03:01:26 )

"I know." was all Ebony said.

"It's part of why I, and Alicja, love and respect you. We know that you will stand your ground on important things." She continued.

"The pair of us wouldn't want you to back down and give up on this. We'll try and reign Rose in as much as we can, but .... no promises, sadly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 03:25:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hearing that DID calm him down some, and Ebony saw that. The conflict inside him had subsided a bit, though she could tell that he stance was still leaving a bitter taste in his mouth, so to speak.

"I know." he replied.

"I might need to have some extra surveillance for him." he told her.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"Might as well say this now, if you all don't know it yet. You'll find out soon enough." he muttered.

"He wasn't the only one to come in. He arrived with 3 others." he told her. "...at the Unit, anyway." he then said.

"Erica and Olivia showed up prior to him, and when he was brought here, there was another elf. A female wood elf." he informed her. "...don't know anything about her." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 03:37:24 )

Ebony sighed.

"Where is the elf?" She asked. After Nate, hesitantly, motioned for where she was, Ebony headed off without a word. As she reached it, and peered in the window, she sighed lightly.

"Her name is Ayla." Ebony told Nate, as he'd followed her.

"She's a wood elf, and her brother is a real piece of work." She added.

"But I can't tell you much more than that. I hadn't mingled with her much, aside from the odd time that she was sent to do something with the slime in the other room."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 03:57:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...hm." Nate mumbled.

"I see." he said. "At least we have a name." he said further. "That's more than we knew previously." he went on.

"Makes me wonder what the hell happened." he then commented.

"From what I've heard, once that woman has someone, they're only free once their usefulness has expired, and that usually means death." he said further. "...yet Erica and Olivia are back, and these two are here as well." he said further.

"It's... confusing." he mumbled.

"The only one that knows for certain is Erica, and... well, she's probably not in any mood to discuss what happened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 04:00:56 )

"Well... I guess it's a case of get someone in to try?" Ebony asked.

"I'm not sure if there's anything that anyone can say or do, but ... maybe?" She asked.

"Can't say she won't chat if someone doesn't try, after all."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.