Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 08:01:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just chuckled again.

"Well, it was appreciated, nonetheless." he told her, just as Nate stepped through the door.

"Hey Jake, I'm here to-" he started to say, before pausing, seeing Ashleigh there.

"Ah, you're the one here to help?" he asked.

"Yup." Ashleigh responded.

"She's cleared to enter." Jake told him.

"All right, this way then." Nate told Ashleigh with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 08:08:43 )

"Lead the way." Ashleigh said before waving to Jake as they headed off. She wasn't sure the layout of the building, however, she was reasonably certain she could make her way through without much difficulty if she'd needed to. On the way, she just sighed.

"To answer the inevitable question I'm sure is coming, as it usually is something someone asks.... yes. My wings are real." She told him. "As are the horns and ears." She wasn't entirely sure if he'd ask, but she was sure there was a change. People often did, after all. Figured she might as well get the obvious stuff out of the way first, if for no reason other than simplicity. She didn't have an issue with the questions, but figured that since it was likely coming, so she wanted to answer them quick.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 08:29:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate looked at her, and sighed.

"I was wondering about it." he admitted. "But I wasn't going to say anything about it." he told her. "For all I know, you're tired of always hearing those kinds of questions, so... I wasn't about to add to that potentially repetitive chorus." he reasoned.

"But the horns, ears, and wings are real, huh?" he asked.

"I see." he said.

"I... bet there's a story behind all of them." he mumbled further, shaking his head a little.

"And I bet the wings come in handy a lot." he then continued, but looked her over more closely.

"...also, you seem hurt." he noticed. "Are you all right?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 13:47:00 )

Ashleigh was completely silent as Nate asked what he did. She didn't know how to respond at first, before just shrugging.

"I'm a bounty hunter, my target got the better of me." She said simply.

"the worst of it is my leg is still healing, and my wings are a bit of a mess." She added.

"I'm fine enough for this though, so please, don't worry about me. I'm not going to keel over or anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:21:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate looked her over again, and smiled.

"Makes sense." he said. "You have a very vibrant and healthy aura." he told her.

He then turned away and kept walking with her... however, before Ashleigh could ask what he meant by that, he paused, and she saw the look of realisation in his eyes.

"...oh." he muttered.

"Right." he said. "I have the unique ability to see people's life-force. Or aura. Or whatever you want to call it." he explained. "At a glance, I can tell how generally healthy someone is, or... well, how long they may have left." he continued.

"And yes, you're in no danger, obviously, but I just wanted to make sure about the injuries you have." he then clarified.

"But a bounty hunter, huh? Must be exciting."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:25:10 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"That has got to be handy sometimes." She commented.

"no one can fake shit with you. And yeah. It is exciting. Painful sometimes, though." She added with a laugh.

"Worth it though, doubt I'd be able to find work many other places with how I look and whatnot. But I love it. What can I say? I'm prt animal."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 21:54:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just chuckled as well.

"Indeed." he replied. "It's the main reason why I decided to become a doctor." he told her. "I wanted to use my gift to the fullest, to help people." he reasoned with a smile.

"And at least you've found something you like doing, I assume." he then went on.

"That's all that matters." he said, as they stepped into the medical wing, and Ashleigh felt several... familiar... mana signatures.

"Anyway, the one in question we need you to look at is Erica Windsor."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 22:01:03 )

Ashleigh didn't say anything, just took a deep breath as she stepped into the wing and felt Chris and Ayla's presences.

"Ahh." She said simply.

"Lead the way." She added, trying hard not to slip back to who she had been with her sister. Chris brought that out in her, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 22:21:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate merely nodded and led her to the room where Erica was being kept. They paused at the door, and he sighed.

"...I'm sure you've been told about her and the state she's in and such." he told her. "So I won't bore you or waste your time rehashing information you already know." he said.

"I merely wish you luck." he finished.

"I'll be waiting for you when you come out." he went on.

"..." he was then silent, before sighing.

"Oh, and there's one more person here that you may be able to help." he then added. "But we'll discuss that after Erica."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 22:30:04 )

Ashleigh nodded.

"Just point me in the right direction afterward." She told him simply.

"I just hope I can help her." She added as she looked in the window at Erica's prone form.

"Even from out here... the mana that was used is ridiculously strong." She continued. "... for all I know, Vana's put some sort of protection in to make it harder for me. I don't know, and that's the problem."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 22:43:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate paused for a moment.

"Actually, I'll just tell you where she is." he said.

"Her name's Olivia, and she's just 5 doors down that way." he said, pointing in the direction they'd come from.

"After you try with Erica, you can see if you can do anything for Liv, if that's all right." he went on.

"Because all we ask is that you try." he assured her.

"Anything you can do would be appreciated." he added. "Anything at all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 03:02:47 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, of course." She said. "I'll do what I can."

"Where can I find you afterward?" She asked, her voice curious as she reached for the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 04:56:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"In my office." Nate responded.

He then paused for a moment, seemingly realising what he has said.

"...at my desk in the corner of the storage room." he clarified sheepishly. "When I was still in school, but working here, that area was designated for me to do my schoolwork and such." he told her.

"Now it's just... become 'my space'." he shrugged.

"So you'll usually find me there." he said.

"If not there, at the receptionist's desk."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 05:03:58 )

Ashleigh nodded.

"Completely fair." she said before doublechecking where she was going after, as she'd partly expected him to be there in the hall to make sure she got to the right place after she was done with Erica, before heading into the room, and letting him head off to do his own thing, whatever it was that he was going to do.

She tstepped in and sighed lightly before approaching the prone woman on the bed, hoping she could do something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 05:51:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just sighed as he watched Ashleigh go into the room, before shaking his head.

"Right, time to get to work." he told himself. "Or... back to work." he then muttered.

With that, he walked back to the storage room, and looked at a few of the boxes that were there. They needed to be opened, catalogued, and put away. And he needed to busy himself right now. So it seemed obvious. He set to work, anxiously waiting for Ashleigh's return.

--

Ashleigh had been working on Erica for a bit... and was making NO progress. None. It seemed that her curse and Vanessa's mana were JUST the right (or wrong) combination to keep her hold on the young woman ironclad.

However, after she stopped to take a break, and then stepped forwaerd to try again, she swore she heard a voice echo in her mind.

Don't touch her. it said.

Just as she was wondering if she was going nuts, a pillar of light appeared in the corner of the room. It lasted for about 5 seconds, before dying down, revealing a man that looked more toned than even Lindsay with his muscle structure, short light brown hair, and a white tee-shirt with dark blue jeans. He crossed his arms and looked around, before noticing that Ashleigh stood at least 4 inches higher than him.

"Well." he said.

"That's rather emasculating." he said bluntly, with an intimidating aura.

...or it would be, if he didn't look tiny when compared to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 06:18:12 )

Ashleigh was silent.

"... if you're trying to intimidate me to get me in line, .... good luck." She commented.

"It's rare that there's a celestial anywhere near me, too." She added before pausing. "Not counting Emma, that is."

".... Are you the one who told me not to touch her? If so - why?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 06:34:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I am." he responded.

"And if you're not careful, you'll do more harm than good." he said, approaching and looking down at Erica. "...her curse is... unique." he told her. "It reacts in such a way that they intertwine with each other, and the more you try and pull out the dark elf's influence... the more you risk yanking out her own mana as well, killing her." he explained.

"...I know how this curse works." he said further.

"And I know how to work around its... quirks and intricacies." he went on.

"Now... MAY I?" he asked her, almost sounding like he was seeking permission... though in a sarcastic way.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 06:38:05 )

"Have at her." Ashleigh commented after a moment or two as she leaned agaisnt the wall behind her.

"I'm just gonna hanga round though, as I'm curious." She then said.

"It's definitely a learning experience." She added with an inquisitive tone, and unknowingly sounding far too much like her sister, saying something that he'd heard from her about one like Erica in the past.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 07:12:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male paused for a moment, before looking at her with narrowed eyes. He was fully ready to say something to her, but found himself pausing suddenly, and reconsidering his words... and tone.

"...indeed." was all he said.

He then looked back at Erica, and removed the gag from her mouth.

"Let this happen." he told her.

"The mana will feel invasive, but resist the urge to fight it." he said. "Let it mingle within you... and you'll soon know how to work with it." he continued. "This requires your cooperation, so learn what this mana requires from you." he finished.

He then placed a hand on her chest, and his mana started to seep into her.

Sure enough, she had the initial reaction to push it back... but she quickly realised that the mana, if she would work with it, would expel Vanessa's influence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 07:32:19 )

Sure enough, Erica worked with the mana. It was painful, it was as he said - invasive, and it was most certainly not pleasant. She hated it, she hated this, but this was a break, a relief, to go through.

It was better than what she'd been through before.

Ashleigh, meanwhile, was off to the side, watching, studying. This was something she could definitely make use of in the future, she was sure, if only just because it would be good to know if anything happened with Erica again in the future.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.