Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:30:31 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris groaned and shakily got to his hands and knees, his bones and muscles paining him as he did so.

"Ngh... urgh..." he grunted. "Damn it, that was... the hell WAS that?" he muttered.

"Hazel, what did-?" he started to ask Hazel, but paused when he saw the woman in question... on the floor... in a very uncomfortable position, and still. Silent, and still as a statue.

"...oh dear." he muttered.

He then hastily crawled his way over towards her, wincing as he did so, before finally getting close enough to her that he could lay her down on her back.

"Hey!" he said.

"You okay?" he asked, placing his hands on her chest and stomach, trying to sense any life signals within her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:35:12 )

Hazel was completely silent, unrespnsive. As he was looking for lifesigns (and not finding anything immediately), he did notice one thing.

Her temperature was spiking, bad. As he noticed it, and brought his wrist up to her head, he recoiled in pain. When he looked to his wrist, he found it red.

She was burning up, severely. It wasn't hard to guess that the only reason she wasn't melting was because of everything that Vanessa had done to her in the past. That was likely the only thing saving her life for the moment, but it wasn't hard for Chris to guess that it wouldn't save her for long.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:59:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Shit, shit, shit!' Chris thought as he panicked internally.

He knew that, considering how her temperature was rising, she wouldn't make it to the medical wing. And odds are they wouldn't be able to help in the first place. Not with THIS situation. And he figured that everyone else in the lab was probably reeling from what had happened earlier, and they couldn't help, either.

So he was the one that needed to act, and he needed to act fast.

He wasn't sure what to do, exactly, but he had an idea. As such, his eyes started to glow light blue, and the same colour energy surrounded his hands, as he placed them on Hazel once more, and pulsed mana into her.

'Maybe...' he thought.

"Maybe I can get her back to a bodily state where she's not in jeopardy.' he told himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 08:17:41 )

For the first almost five minutes, there seemed to be absolutely nothing going on. However, he felt the clock within her rewinding, and reliably at that.

He could feel her temperature decreasing, could feel her breathing regulate. Everything seemed to be kicking back into gear. By the time he finished, he was in a rather rough state, and she woke with a gasp. For a few seconds, absolutely nothing made sense.

And then she noticed Christopher.

She didn't say anything before looking around. She found her phone off to the side and quickly dialed for the medwing, requesting someone to get Chris down there, since he was really not looking good. Once that was done, she hung up and debated what to do to help Chris. Overall, he seemed.... like he might be all right, but she didn't want to move him if it would end up causing pain or something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 08:36:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent as Hazel did what she did, before he sighed, let out a heavy breath, and collapsed onto his back.

"Ow." he mumbled in a wheeze.

"That... that really hurts to do." he said to himself.

He then looked at Hazel, before lightly gesturing to the direction Kiah and Ilias were in.

"Might... want to check on them." he told her.

"Odds are they might not be doing so hot... pardon the phrasing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 09:02:56 )

Hazel was silent before heading out to see what he was getting at. She didn't know what to expect, but when she saw Kiah over Ilias, trying to warm him up, she was quick to react. However, as she neared, Kiah snapped at her to stay back, just in case her mana reacted again. If she wanted to help, she could make sure that the med team was on their way.

She looked a right sight herself, but Ilias was most certainly faring worse. Hazel, of course, did call the medwing again, correcting the total of who needed help.

She couldn't help but be grateful that it was a stupid hour, and almost no one was in the lab at the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 09:22:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, within a matter of a minute, a medical team arrived, with enough people to tend to 4 potential patients. They went to Kiah and Ilias, starting to tend to them, while others went to Chris.

One approached Hazel, herself, and sighed.

"What happened?" they asked.

"Overall, you seem to be faring the best, can you explain the situation?" they asked further.

"And does it have to do with what pulsed through the Unit not a few minutes ago?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 14:11:30 )

".... I'm only faring as I am because Jenkins has some time manipulation capabilities." Hazel commented honestly.

"And yes. Something that I was testing reacted rather badly with ... well... me." She continued. "No I don't know specifics, I just know that I couldn't control it."

"Is anyone else affected badly, or mainly these three here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 22:20:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"From what we've gathered, the effects of what happened appear to have been minimal on those in the building." they informed her.

"And... time manipulation...?" they asked, looking over at Chris. "I see." they said.

"Regardless, we'll need to take the 4 of you to the medical wi-" they started to tell her, before the one tending to Chris shouted out.

"His heartbeat's erratic!" they declared.

One one with Hazel shook his head.

"If you can move on your own power, please go with the medics taking Dr.'s Remmingon and Nicolo to the medwing." he told her, before going over to help stabilise Chris's heart.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 23:04:57 )

Hazel nodded. "will do." was all she said, not entirely sure what all she could do for the moment. She was fine, but she understood the need to check her over.

As she made her way over to where the other two were, she couldn't help but wonder what the hell had happened. Surely Jenkins, of all people, didn't just save her life. That can't have happened, could it?

"Anything I can do to help?" She asked as she reached the others, and those tending to them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 02:14:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Make sure doors are opened for us, and keep people out of the way." they replied, as everyone was prepped for transport.

- - -

Chris groaned as he regained his consciousness, and found himself staring at the ceiling again.

"...hmph." he mumbled.

"Seems familiar." he said to himself, before noticing he had bandages all on him, and looked to be in worse shape than the previous time this had happened. "...bit different." he then said, before looking and seeing a female there.

"...quite different." he changed.

"You here to gloat or take advantage of me in this weakened and subservient state?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 02:30:26 )

"Neither." was the reply he received. Her voice was definitely lighter than he'd expected, but not exactly bad, either.

"I am here to make sure you are all right." She then said.

"Despite how I'm being screamed at internally to not do this." She admitted with a sigh as she checked a few things - namely his pulse and whatnot.

"How are you feeling?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 02:49:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Chris was silent, looking at her for a moment, and then sighing.

"Like crap." he said.

"I feel... well, my fingertips hurt, I feel burnt in places, I feel a shiver within me, and my chest hurts." he told her.

"...and a minor headache, but... well, that's ignorable." he then admitted.

"The biggest one is my chest hurting, if I were to rank it." he added.

"...and you're here to make sure I'm all right...?" he then asked, before pausing.

"Oh, right. You work here in the medwing, specifically." he remembered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 02:55:19 )

"I do." Was her response as she jotted down what he'd mentioned.

"Well, that's ... a thing, I suppose." She commented.

"The shiver you're feeling will face. The burns, I need to apply another dose of the ointment for them, and the pain in your chest... that's probably because of the fact that your heart was not being very cooperative with your body."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 03:15:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just sighed again.

"Yeah, tends to happen when I push what I can do to the very limits." he told her.

"Same thing happened when I got those three out of the complex." he went on. "Though it was worse... probably because of the nexus boost I unwittingly received and used." he continued.

"Regardless, okay then." he said further.

"...was it at least worth it?" he asked.

"Is Hazel all right?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 03:18:21 )

"Hazel is perfectly fine." She answered honestly.

"Questioning why you did what you did, though." She added after a moment or two.

"She's always thought you hated her, which is why helped that bitch do all that was done toher." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 03:38:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris shook his head slightly.

"...nothing I did to anyone, I did out of hate." he said candidly. "Truth be told, I've never hated-" he went on, before pausing. "Well, okay, thinking back on it, I've hated a number of people." he then admitted.

"In retrospect, I hated my parents... still do... same with my sisters..." he listed off. "And I... well, I used to hate Azari, and I think I still do, but for different reasons than before. But that's something else entirely." he sighed. "And I hate Vanessa." he then said, pain and anger in his tone.

"But no. I don't hate her. Never did. Same with you. Or... or anyone that I ever had a hand in making their lives miserable." he said. "I did what I did... because... well... I was pathetic. Or MORE pathetic, if you want to look at it that way." he clarified. "I just... blindly did what Vanessa told me, because I wanted to be useful, and I equated her keeping me around to her loving me, or at least caring about me moreso than just a resource." he explained further.

"...and yes, in retrospect, I know that makes me sound stupid and weak and pathetic and... well, I keep using that word a lot, it's started to lose meaning, but you know what I'm saying." he muttered.

"Regardless, for whatever it's worth to you, or anyone inside you listening to me, or anyone else, I never hated any of you." he confirmed. "If I did, I don't remember it... maybe it was manufactured or implanted by Vanessa. Wouldn't be surprised if it was." he ended, sighing again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 03:49:36 )

She just sighed.

"I don't think Rose is ever going to forgive you and waht you've done." she told him, "however, I... don't really have any hard feelings though." Chris was completely silent, stunned to the point of silence, before just looking away.

"... thank you..." He said quietly, almost shamefully. It wasn't hard to tell that he believed she didn't deserve that.

"Sure, I hated it at the time, but... it's actually led to a lot of good for me." She continued.

"I met Nate because of it all, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 04:09:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...this is true." Chris responded. "But it doesn't excuse what I've done in the slightest." he told her.

"Rather... it's nice you've managed to find stability and love, despite what's been done to you." he went on, before pausing. "...maybe that's not how to look at it, but I don't know how fate works or anything like that." he admitted.

"Still... it seems that at least SOME of those who were ruined by Vanessa are finding out there's life after her... which is rare." he lamented.

"Anyway, I'm not asking for forgiveness." he then said. "I don't feel I deserve it, quite frankly." he admitted. "But... I WOULD like to at least attempt to try and make up for what I've done." he told her further.

"Whether anyone forgives me or not is up to them, and I wouldn't blame them if they held a grudge against me forever, but at the very least, I want to try and do SOMETHING good with my life... now that it seems I finally have some control over it again." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 04:16:14 )

She was silent.

"Never thought I'd hear something like that from you, of all people." She then said. "Because... yeah. You're just... I dunno. Better than I expected." There was sincerity to her voice. He could hear that she was honestly impressed, and while that may not be something that someone would want here, it was something that he was getting.

"Why did you do it though? You could have killed yourself, why did you put yourself at risk for Hazel?" She then asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.