Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 03:53:37 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just shrugged and laid back down.

"Whatever." he said.

"I've endured pain in the past. A lot." he told her.

"So just do it." he then muttered. "Do it and get it over with." he said further.

"There's not much I can do to stop you." he sighed, before pausing and thinking.

"Ah... or IS there?" he wondered. "Whatever, if there was, I don't care to think about it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:14:06 )

"As you said, It really doesn't matter." She commented before getting to her feet and approaching him.

"Just don't fight it. Chances are it'll be far more painful if you do." She stated, her hands glowing the red he knew so well by this point. He hadn't a chance to say anything before she had her hand above him, one over his chest, his heart, and one over his head. He knew was was coming, and a mere second or two later, the mana came to him, entering around his heart, and into his head.

He knew waht it would entail. The head for mental control, the heart for physical control. It would be easy to believe, with that, that it would be a complete control, leaving him a puppet.

However, it didn't hurt as much as it did with Vanessa.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 04:36:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He reacted immediately by grabbing the table and gripping onto it tightly, the mana invading his body and mind. He was surrounded by dark elf mana once more, his vision clouding up and becoming foggy, as he felt like he was falling into a bottomless well.

Didn't hurt as much as he was used to. That was something, anyway.

After she finished putting all the mana into him, he just laid there on the table, silent and still.

He looked over towards her, and sighed.

"Right." he said.

"Now what?" he asked.

"Willing to bet they're not going to want me taking up space here in the medical wing." he reasoned. "And odds are most people here will try to kill me on the spot if they see me." he continued.

"...can't blame them." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 05:12:37 )

"You're safe here. There are a couple people who definitely disagree with your presence in here, but someone has put their foot down. This is a place for help, not damage." She told him.

"And I don't think you're completely recovered yet." She added.

"But I'm not a medic so I can't say."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 05:33:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just shrugged.

"I'm at the mercy of everyone here. And yourself." he said.

"..." he was then silent, before looking around.

"...finally free." he mumbled.

"...she never loved me." he then muttered. "Never cared." he went on.

"Even changed my species for her..." he said quietly biting his lip.

"...damn it." he cursed quietly at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 05:45:29 )

"I know." She commented.

"It wasn't for lack of trying to tell you, though." She thens aid.

"You know that I tried, and tried hard. You just refused to listen to me, Christopher. If you had, maybe you could have spared yourself such pain."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 06:05:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Chris responded.

"Believe me, I know that. Now." he said further.

"I was stupid." he went on, seemingly growing angrier now. "I didn't listen to what people were telling me." he continued.

"I thought she cared because she kept me around." he growled.

"I thought she might have at least thought I was worth more than the others." he mumbled.

"But no! I had to see her and Azari together before I got the hint!" he then burst out, sounding ready to just cry in pure rage and sadness now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 06:19:08 )

"Huh. I didn't know that she finally fucked him." She commented before shaking her head.

"Regardless, at least now you, for one, have a little bit of freedom, I won't control you to the degree she did." She then said.

"Now, there are some rules for this arrangement." She then continued, her tone getting much lighter, still not 'happy' though.

"You will answer to those who are here, and you will not put up a fuss. However, you can, and will, express your opinions and whatnot." She continued before pausing.

"And self preservation is a thing. Respect it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 06:46:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just sighed quietly and nodded.

"Okay. Do whatever I'm told, except kill myself." he truncated.

"Better than Vanessa." he sighed.

"...at this point, probably better than I deserve..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 06:50:40 )

"Vanessa wouldn't let you kill yourself either." She commented pointedly.

"You won't let yourself be put into serious harm, period." She then said. "Nevermind if there's death a possibility. If you're worried about your wellbeing overall, don't do it, and express why."

"Now, there is something else you're going to be going while here. How do you feel about actually working, so to speak?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:11:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just sighed heavily.

"...sure." he said.

"Firstly, the stipulations on my health and well-being are VERY generous." he told her.

"Secondly, might as well do SOMETHING here so I'm not dead weight that just serves to remind certain people that had horrible pasts." he muttered.

"...but WHAT?" he asked her.

"Seriously, the hell can I do here, and what would they ALLOW me to do?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:19:16 )

"Continue doing what you were doing with Vanessa. Be a test subject." She stated simply.

"This place only has one, and you and her are well acquainted." She paused a moment.

"You will be paid in room and board." She continued. "Consider this house arrest while the Triad and Council debate what to do with you and Ayla."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:40:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent again, before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Figures. Guess it's all I'm about good for these days." he lamented.

"...wait, hold on, what?" he then asked.

"Well acquainted?" he asked her. "Okay, than can mean several things, but... can I get some specifics?" he asked further.

"Like... I should know JUST how hostile they're going to be. HOW badly I messed them up in the past. Just how much of a bastard I was to them. Come on, throw me a bone here." he went on.

"How awkward and guilt-laden is this gonna be?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:47:43 )

"That entirely depends on how you feel regarding your past." Was all she said.

"However, that won't be something to worry about for a few days." She added. "You're still pretty banged up, after all."

"Ah, right. One more thing." She said before sighing. "Whatever it is that you are told to do by Hal Sharp, do it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:12:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, all right, I got that part." he said. "He's the one in charge here, what he says, goes, blah blah blah." he muttered.

"But... hmmm... you're doing nothing but giving me cryptic vague pseudo-hints about who this person I'm supposedly VERY familiar with is." he went on, seemingly thinking hard about it.

But he then paused for a moment, seemingly coming to a realisation.

"Right, the fact that I'm defaulting to my current problem-solving path for this is not good for this place." he told her.

"Is there a piece of paper around? I need to write down some names."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:21:31 )

She was silent for a mometn before just leaving the room. A few seconds later she returned, a pen and paper in hand, which she passed to him.

"Here." She said.

"Do what you need to with those." She added as she took a seat again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 07:34:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris accepted the paper, and started writing. He was only writing for about 10 seconds, before he handed them back to her. When she accepted them, she saw 7 names written down on the paper.

"Listen." he said. "Those names need to taken to Hal Sharp, and YOU need to deal with them." he told her.

"They're double-agents." he revealed. "But... not by choice." he said. "They have stealth mana in them from Vanessa to hide from sensors and such. It activates temporarily when she wants it to, they answer any and all questions and requests for information, and when it wears off, they feel like they collapsed from exhaustion or whatever she tells them." he explained.

"I was defaulting to going through what I've heard those plants say in the past, which made me realise that... well, that it wasn't good." he concluded.

"I'll... whatever, if I figure out who this mystery person that I'm no doubt going to feel haunted by is beforehand, I do. If not, I'll prepare myself for another violent attack of sudden conscience or whatever." he went on.

"For now, those agents need to be 'cleansed' or 'detoxed' or however you want to refer to it." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 11:06:58 )

She was silent as she looked at the list.

"Well then... thanks." She said.

"I'm going to go tend to them, then." She commented, thinking about how she was going to do this. She didn't think going to Sharp was really something that she had time for. If word got out that Chris was here, she wouldn't be surprised if Vanessa had programmed in a failsafe, as in 'if there is someone new there that you know may have information on you, eliminate them' or something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 22:18:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Do whatever you feel you need to." Chris responded.

"But they should be dealt with poste-haste." he said.

He then sighed again, before staring at the ceiling.

"Meaning yeah, I suppose you ought to go." he then said. "You've pretty much made it so that I'm not a threat to anyone any longer, and you can punish me whenever you want, take away my free will, cause me pain, all that." he reasoned.

"...I'm going to lay back down." he told her.

"See if my head will stop feeling like it's going to pop."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 23:42:05 )

"It should." She told him honestly.

"Meanwhile, I'm going to go deal with this list." She then said before sighing.

".... Just don't do anything stupid, Christopher." Was the last thing she said before heading out. She had a few people to hunt out after all

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.