Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:21:06 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent as he absorbed all that she told him. He processed the information, the gears turning, before everything finally clicked into place... though it only took a few seconds to.

"...geez." he muttered.

"Is there nowhere that's untainted by Vanessa?" he asked. "Don't... don't answer that, pretty sure the answer is yes. Pretty sure that, whether intentionally or unintentionally, she's messed up everything, everywhere, at some point." he mumbled further.

"...sorry to hear that." he then told her. "Sucks you had that opportunity ripped away from you." he sighed.

"Though retaining the info and being allowed to keep it is a neat benefit." he then admitted.

"And also, I'm relatively NEW, okay? I haven't had a chance to properly know the history." he added at the end in a bit of protest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:27:54 )

Ebony just sighed, heavily.

"All that aside.... I just wanted to give you a heads up. Christopher and Ayla are here." She then said.

"Because... that's a thing, and I would much prefer you managed to no lash out." She continued.

"If you're good, let's go."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 22:46:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I admit, not so long ago, I would have lashed out at Christopher." Ash told her. "I mean, he was a big part of my torment as a child, and even bigger so for my brother." he went on.

"...but Lindsay's taught me to be calm and mindful when it comes to things like this." he went on.

"Lashing out in anger, at someone who is defenseless, is the act of a coward." he continued.

"And to do so would tear down everything I've built up for myself ever since I escaped."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:02:17 )

"That... is completely fair." Ebony said as she opened the door again so they could leave.

"Honestly, you're a better man than I could ever hope to be, gender aside." She added with a light sigh, before they started walking again.

"Anyway, Erica is... well, last I checked, just waking up. They had to sedate her to prevent her attempting anything drastic, or regretable." She told him. "If you can help her in any way, that'd... that'd just be fantastic. Sadly, I can't, not with the whole multiple of us. We're not all as nice as I or Alicja are, so I figured that... asking someone else woudl be a good idea."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:36:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed quietly.

"I can try." he said.

"I promise nothing, except that I will try." he told her.

"Having Vanessa in your head is... well... not something that is pleasant for anyone." he lamented, before thinking about something.

"...odd that Christopher and Ayla are here, though." he then said.

"I guess they were kicked out, maybe?" he guessed.

"...but that doesn't make sense for Ayla. Surely she would still have use for Vanessa to wring out further..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 23:37:33 )

"I have no idea." Ebony told him simply.

"All I know is that when I arrived, I was told that the four of them arrived together." She added.

"It's something that... well... I suppose is just a thing. I don't know what to make it all, and there is definitely more than a few questions to ask once either of the elves are awake again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 00:26:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash nodded in response.

"That's fair." he said.

"Hopefully they can give answers that will satisfy you guys." he told her, before pausing.

"Well, I mean here, this place, in general." he clarified. "I get the feeling that NO answer will be good enough for you, or anyone else in there." he lamented with a shake of his head.

"Wouldn't blame you, either." he went on.

"Surprised he's even still alive, even here. From what I know, there's enough people here... many of which are... er, well... you..." he then mumbled. "That would try and off him right now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 00:34:12 )

"Rose tried, but Nate stopped her." Ebony said with a sigh.

"And he's... standing his ground. If anyone is going to kill that little maggot, it's going to be out of the medwing. In there, he's off limites." She added.

"... too easy to do anything to him in there anyway. Doubt he'll be free once alive again, anyway, so I suppose I can take solace in that for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 00:55:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed again.

"...fair." was all he said. "Fair." he repeated.

"Well, whatever happens, happens, I guess." he shrugged. "To be honest, I've pretty much washed my hands of him. Now, Vanessa? I'd love to make her suffer, but her little abuse-toy? Meh. I don't care what happens to him." he admitted.

"And I guess it makes sense. Medwing, hospital, generally everyone is safe in one of those." he then mumbled.

"Anyway, I'll see what I can do for this Erica." he told her.

"If nothing else, maybe glean some way to help her, even if I can't do it, myself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:16:31 )

"If that's all you can do, that'd still be fantastic." Ebony assured him.

"Just... if nothing else, that'd be more than enough." She added with a light sigh as they approached the doors into the win in question. She made sure he was ready, as she knew he'd feel the mana, before they entered.

"Come on, Erica's in the back area." She said simply as she walked through the wing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:30:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent as he followed her through the wing, to the back area. Once they got there, a pair of special guards allowed Ash entry... and he opened the door. Once he stepped inside, he saw Erica, strapped down to a table with strong, but comfortable, straps. They were made in such a way that she wouldn't be able to easily hurt herself by struggling, but it was still not pleasant to see.

"...." he was silent, before looking back at Ebony.

"Welp, here goes." he said, as the door was shut.

He then stepped closer towards her, and cleared his throat.

"Erica Windsor?" he asked, wondering if she was awake, and/or paying attention.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:38:30 )

She didn't move, at all, but he could tell that she was awake. Her breathing stated that rather clearly. Sadly, she was locked down well enough that there was no point in her doing anything. She was silent as well, but that wasn't a surprise. The fact that she was gagged to prevent her possibly biting her own tongue was getting in the way.

However, he didn't need to talk to her.

Ash could feel the mana coming off of her.

Vanessa's Mana.

He knew this method of torture quite well. He'd been through it, after all. She was trying to break her spirit, break her will. Turn her into a willing puppet with as little mana as possible, but enough that she couldn't say now to the elf.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:50:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Ash was silent as he took in the scene. The person there, the feeling of Vanessa's mana... it was heartbreaking to him. He looked into her eyes, before reaching down and undoing the gag, so she could speak.

But he was prepared to act if she tried something drastic.

"...let me guess." he said.

"You want to die." he commented.

"You want me to kill you right now, don't you?" he asked further, looking her over.

"...you want her voice to shut up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 01:53:25 )

Erica was completely silent, kept her eyes closed, but he saw the tear tracks clear as day.

"... that's all I want. I don't know how long I can keep her subdued, I know if I break that my arm will .... well... I'll be a nightmare to deal with. Please... just...' She trailed off, and he could hear the emotion, the desperation, to her voice. She didn't want to be in this position, she wanted to keep her life, but ... not at the price of being that dark elves puppet. She'd rather die a free woman than live as a slave.

"I can't take it... I can feel her chipping at me, even while being so far away."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:18:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...she's good at that." Ash responded.

"So good that... well... sometimes it feels like she'll never go away." he went on.

"But, listen." he then said. "Your own will is what will fight her off." he told her. "You need to think of the reasons you have to live for. You need to let them be your shield." he continued.

"Don't wish for death so soon." he went on.

"As long as you can fight, then she can never take you over." he told her further.

"Believe me, I know."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:26:37 )

Erica was silent for a few seconds, before just sighing, heavily.

".... With my curse... I don't have any shields." She said quietly. Her voice wasn't depressed, it was subdued, as if she was just realising this.

"Even those that I think may be close... they can't be. I can't get close, lest it fucks shit up." She continued. "Nothing I've tried, helps, either." She finally looked to him, her midtone blue eyes showing the mental and emotional pain that he knew she was feeling, along with the small ring of crimson around her pupil from Vanessa's mana.

"While I don't want to die... i fear it may be for the best."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:50:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was... speechless for a moment. This was the first time he'd ever heard of such a thing. Her unique abilities... at least, what he sensed in her arm... were legit preventing her from making deep connections with people.

She... she was the perfect victim for Vanessa. And he was just realising this now.

He tried to find the words to say to her, but when she looked at him with her eyes... and the small ring of crimson in them... he realised that conventional methods wouldn't work here.

"...." he was silent, before sighing heavily.

"I'm.... I'm sorry." he apologised. "I know it's imposing... and it seems hopeless, but... for now... just.. please try." he told her.

"If nothing else, we'll find a way to tear her mana out of you." he then said, anger in his tone, but she could tell it was anger directed at Vanessa... until she then saw an idea start to form, if his expression was anything to go by.

"...yes. That's exactly what we'll do." he said.

"Please. For anything. Think of something. Anything. Those you think may be close, try and use them as a shield, even a small one." he pleaded to her. "I think I know someone that legit can help you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 03:06:17 )

Erica was completely silent, but she did nod.

"... I make no promises." She told him simply.

"I just know I want to claw my own head apart as it stands, and I would be if it weren't for... well..." She trailed off, figuring that it didn't need to be said.

"... I don't care what flavour of help it is... just anything will be a relief. I'll pay you back in some way, for anything you can do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 03:25:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash nodded in response.

"I understand." he said.

"...before I go... you say you can feel her chipping away at you." he then said.

She nodded as best she could.

"...so she has yet to actually seep into your subconscious and take root." he added.

Again, she nodded as best she could.

"That's all I needed to hear." Ash told her. "...and I'm sorry." he finished, before reapplying the gag, and then making his way to the door, knocking on it to be let out. When he was let out, he sighed and shook his head.

"Poor thing." he mumbled, looking at Ebony, who had been waiting.

"There's nothing I can do for her." he said.

"However, I believe I DO know of someone who WILL be able to help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 03:27:28 )

Ebony was silent for a moment before looking to him almost quizzically.

"Oh?" She asked.

"I'll bite, who? And is there anything that I'll need to do in order to make it a thing?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.