Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 03:54:55 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Nate was stunned to the point of silence for close to 5 seconds after hearing that.

"I..." he stammered. "I can't... that..." he continued to stutter, before shaking his head. He could tell she was serious about this, but he did NOT want to hurt her, let alone kill her.

"We'll find a way to help you." he said.

He then looked at the others, and nodded.

"You heard her about Olivia, make sure she's locked tight. Odds are she's not free of being under control, and until we find a way to make that happen, we don't want her being a risk to anyone." he said further.

Then he and Erica left the room, and he looked at her.

"...so is that your only solution?" he asked. "For you to die?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 04:28:58 )

Erica was completely silent as Nate said what he did and they walked to another place. She stepped after a few paces though.

"Shit..." She said quietly, bringing her hands up to her head as shehunched over a bit. With a cry of pain, she staggered back a pace of two, as he could see her life blip a bit.

"I... I can't..." She started, falling silent. Her voice had a certain 'emptiness' that wasn't natural, instead of the usual ethereal sound she'd acquired.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 04:51:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate's eyes widened when he heard the emptiness in Erica's words. He was silent for a moment, before biting his lip and shaking his head.

"Wait." he said. "I know." he mumbled. He then quickly made his way to a supply cabinet and opened it. He prepared something in an injection needle, and made his way back towards her.

"First things first." he said.

"Knock you out." he told her, grabbing her arm and injecting the solution into her.

"Give it 10 seconds." he said. "And you should lose consciousness." he went on.

He had no plans to kill her, not even close, but he DID intend to tell the right people about this, so that she could be properly restrained in such a way that she couldn't hurt anyone... mostly herself.

"Just let it happen." he finished, not liking seeing her in pain like this.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:02:38 )

Erica didn't say anything, just looked at him when he grabbed her arm, and looked about ready to unleahs hell upon on him. However, just as he saw the mana within her take hold, what he'd given her properly took effect, and she sank to her knees, unable to hold herself up any longer.

"... thanks...." She said quietly before managing to shift to seated position, her back against the wall they were there. That was the last thing she said before she was out, Unconscious enough that he could probably slice her open for the moment and she wouldn't have any sort of reaction.

---

She made her way through the house, looking for her brother. She knew he would both be interested, and disinterested, in the information, and was wondeirng which would win out.

He had a history with those like her, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:23:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Nate was silent as he witnessed this, before sighing.

He needed to get a team in here to take here somewhere in the building, and properly restrain her. Only then could they work on some way to help her. Because he refused to kill her.

That was NOT an option right now.

And as that individual went to find her brother, he got the team together, and as they worked on Erica, he made his way to Angela's office, noting that two more individuals were coming in... one with a VERY weak life aura.

He made a note of them, before knocking on Angela's door.

"Dr. Edwards?" he said.

"We have some new developments." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:32:30 )

He was met with silenfe before the door opened.

"What's going on" She asked with a sigh. She'd been worked to the bone, from trying to find her daughter, and the recent lockdown that was in place. And it showed, it showed very clearly.

She was one that would still do her job, as she realised that others loves were still in her hands.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:52:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...Dr. Edwards..." Nate said quietly, knowing that she was at her wit's end right now.

But maybe this would help. Maybe.

"Dr. Edwards, we've had 4 patients come in recently." he told her.

"2 I do not recognise, but 2 I do." he went on, before pausing.

"One is Erica Windsor. It seems she's back." he told her further, biting his lip a little, and stepping out of the way. He knew she would be moving quickly as soon as she heard the next part.

"The other is your daughter. She's in Room E-2." he informed her.

Room E-2 was one of the rooms where patients that were a danger to themselves or others were placed, and possibly restrained. He knew she'd want to see her, but he didn't know how she'd react to the second part of that. He'd gotten out of the way, just in case.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:58:08 )

Angela was silent as Nate said all he did before just taking a breath to try and calm herself. She quickly made her way down the halls to the room in question. It didn't take long before she ascertained that her daughter was at least ok for the moment, however the danger factor was not sitting well with her.

".... the fact that she's in here proves what I feared." she admitted after a few secnds.

"I'm going to go ... tell Sharp." She said, he could hear the pain in her voice, but also the relief.

"How is Erica?" She then asked. "Actually, let's make this easy. I need all the information on all four so I can take it all to Sharp."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:22:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent, before taking a small breath.

"Right." he said.

"Your daughter, we don't know much about yet." he told her. "Erica told us to make sure she was under strict lock and key, so I have a feeling she'll still be trying to escape, or cause harm to those here." he said. "Odds are she is still under the control of that dark elf." he lamented.

"Erica has been taken to a special restraint room. She is barely maintaining herself, however, she says she can still feel the dark elf's presence in her, trying to take her over. I sedated her so she could be restrained properly, so she can't hurt herself or others, and I will be trying to find some way to relieve her of the presence inside her." he continued.

"The other two... I don't know what to make of." he then admitted.

"One is a female elf... wood elf, if her aura is anything to go by, and what I remember... and she just got here. Her life aura seems... weak, but stable, so odds are she'll need some careful TLC before she's back up to strength." he continued.

"...and the other one is a male that came in alongside her. A male... uh... well, I want to say dark elf, but his skin tone is nothing like what I've been told dark elves look like.' he informed her. "It was more...ashen...? I guess...?" he went on.

"But HIS life signs were alarmingly weak. So much so, his survival may very well be in question unless we can stabilise him post-haste."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:31:12 )

"Nathan, shut up." Angela said bluntly.

"We don't have time to talk. Lead the way to where he is, let's get his life at least off of the precipice before anything else." She said simply, switching to 'medic' mode, so to speak. It was all she could do to avoid breaking down regarding the fact that her daughter had, in fact, been with that elf, that she had honestly been terrified of.

Just over an hour later, Angela made her way to her office, grabbed her phone, and headed off to Sharp's office, preferring to give him the update in person. On the way though, she called the one person she knew would be particularly interested in the information, Zeke.

"You or your dad able to handle elven mana?" She asked after he'd answered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:48:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent for a moment, hearing her question.

"Uh... me? No. No, not really." he said. "Mostly because that half of my mana is pretty inferior, in the grand scheme of things." he muttered, almost lamenting it slightly.

"But my Dad? Maybe." he said.

"I don't know about HIM, specifically, but... I think I've overheard something about elven mana and the archangels and such." he then informed her. "I'll find out more info for you, if you want." he said.

"Please do." Angela responded.

"Why?" Zeke then asked.

"...have there been some developments?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:51:22 )

"...... From what we can tell, Olivia is overloaded with dark elf mana." Angela answered quietly.

"Her and Erica are back... but... neither are doing too well." She continued.

"Please, check in about the elven mana thing. I want to free my daughter as quickly as I can. I'm going to ask Sharp too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 07:11:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Zeke was silent for a moment.

"I... I see." he said. "At least she and Erica are back. They're no longer in her physical clutches." he reasoned. "We can potentially start to actually HELP them." he mumbled.

"But I understand." he then said. "I'll talk to my Dad, see what he knows about this." he told her.

"I'll call you back when I have more info. And I'll try to get it ASAP." he promised her.

"I know that-" he started to say, before suddenly stopping.

"No. I'll clam up. Less talking, more action." he said.

"Talk to you later, Angela." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 07:14:43 )

"Thank you Zeke. Anyway, I'm at Sharp's office. I'll talk to you later." She said before they ended the call, with Angela sighing heavily. She then knocked on the door, not sure if he was in, but she had a plan if he wasn't.

The receptionist certainly wasn't in this late, so it was a toss up if Hal would be. If he was, cool. If not, she'd leave a note and she would touch base the next day. Actually, she knew he'd hunt her out in that instance.

For now, all she could do was wait and see if he answered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 07:34:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she finished knocking on the door, it opened, revealing Hal to be in his coat. It seemed like he had pulled a late-nighter as well, and was just getting ready to head out for the night... morning, technically.

"Oh, Angela." he said.

"Hello." he greeted her, before pausing.

"...come on in." he then mumbled, stepping back into the office and sitting down behind his desk.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

"Has there been another unfortunate development?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 07:44:33 )

"... kind of?" Angela asked in response.

".... Liv and Erica are back" she told him honestly, and simply.

"However, the dark elf mana is... quite woven into them and their minds. Nate was saying that there's a risk of Erica harming herself to a severe degree." She added with a heavy sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:04:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"While it IS unfortunate that Encrae's mana still has a hold on them, at least they are HERE now. And that is improvement." he said. "HERE they can potentially receive treatment to help them." he reasoned.

"So... I'm going to call this a bit of good news. Comes with a caveat, but still good news." he sighed.

"The question is... HOW do we deal with the dark elf mana inside them...?" he wondered aloud.

"My mana can work miracles, yes, but... it can only go so far. Dark elf mana is seeped with natural energy, so it's very difficult to break from one such as me, whose mana can be seen as... well not UNNATURAL, but has less connection with the planet itself." he reasoned.

"Hm." he mumbled again, thinking about it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:11:52 )

Angela just let out a heavy sigh as he mentioned what he did for the moment.

"Well... that answered the question I was about to ask, before I could ask it." She commented. When he looked to her with a confused expression, she just sighed. Before she could say anything, he spoke.

"... you were going to ask if I could help fix this, weren't you?" He asked. Angela didn't say anything, didn't need to, for a few seconds.

"Yeah... I was." she answered honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:30:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm sorry." Hal apologised. "I may be able to alleviate a little of it, but I won't be able to solve the issue." he told her.

"I can do SOMETHING, but it won't be a solution." he continued.

"The best I'll be able to do is probably get the 'voice' of Encrae to calm down inside them, but it'll still be there." he lamented, shaking his head a little, and looking at the ceiling.

"...only thing that can remove dark elf mana is another dark elf." he muttered.

"And even then, might be a crap-shoot." he said further, before pausing.

"...feels like there should be more to that, but it's not coming to me at the moment..." he then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 13:41:12 )

Angela tried not to look as heartbroken by that information as she honestly felt, but it still showed on her face for a couple of seconds.

"I'm not sure, myself." She commented.

"Anyway, I've updated you... so I'll head back there to make sure that Nate's not being overrun." She said after a few seconds.

"... and I already asked Zeke to check in with his family to see if they can help at all." She then admitted.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.