Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:39:59 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: Oh I did! A lot of times, at first I thought it was my computer's network settings - then I realized it's the router, then I realized the router is bricked, then I had to re-setup the entire network... over the course of 3 hours. I go to my desktop, login to the "new" network. No internet.... until I do the troubleshooter one last time. TwT

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:42:18 )
@Wildfire: I really appreciate your offer. I may lean on you for advice sometimes. <3 The more advice, the better. It will keep my brain going with ideas on how to keep her entertained without technology. She got in trouble because of social media. So technology is cut off for now except for school. We are avid gamers and tv people, so she has to earn her time on it. Once the trust is established, she'll fit in beautifully in our house. lol. I'm just really hoping to get to that point eventually.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:16:08 )

@Wildfire: Wow I'm like the complete opposite xD
Idk what happened, I woke up this morning feeling hyped to get some stuff done but then right around the afternoon I realized I was still browsing on my laptop.

Then I've come to realize that Reddit and Coffee are evil e.e
That's the only logical explanation.

@Vixen: Awe thanks<3
I've always come to like a lot of your past avis as well~

@MoodyB: I see that's a lot which is good ^^
Yeah my DA acc is pretty much dead too. I tried to revive back in 2019 but I didn't stick there for too long lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:41:36 )
@MoodyB: Oh, I'm hanging in there, thanks. Today just kind of evaporated on me, so it was one of those days...

@0v7: LOL. I hate to say this, but you're reminding me of my elder son right now (not a bad thing) with all the Geek you got going on... XD I'm glad you got it worked out, even if it meant redoing the network!!

@Koah: I'm here. Just let me know :3 I have had to be creative with my kids about such things over the years (especially with homeschooling them). It already sounds like you're off to a good start though with well established rules. Just stick to them. If you waiver, and if she's like most teens, she'll just keep pushing those boundaries. And you should recognize that there will be a withdrawal/decompression/readjustment period you all will need to get through. I hope it works. It sounds like it might *crosses fingers for you*

@Purpsy: Well, that's kinda what happened to me too, only I got some stuff done in the process. It just wasn't the stuff I was expecting to be working on...? It's all sort of intangible stuff for me today.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:44:39 )

@Wildfire: I am a huge nerd >w>
I'll be "upgrading" to a wired connection sometime in the next week.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:47:42 )
@0v7: LOL... yeah... my son laid a nice blue cable across our house and in to his room because internet wasn't fast enough for him!! XD I still trip over it from time to time. It has been there for months (what kind of parent AM I, who allows this? LOL!) ... so yeah, I get it. Plus, I remember the wired LANs, etc. and yes, I think they worked better and more consistently than all this wireless stuff.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:48:31 )

@Wildfire: My ethernet cable will run from the living room... down the hallway... into my room. Trips ahoy!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 23:50:29 )
@0v7: OMG. You and my boy are two peas in a pod, aren't you???

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 00:25:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i know the feeling.
today was a bit stressful/disappointing for me.
but i atleast drew something new.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 00:27:15 )

@Wildfire: It seems so! I've just learned that we're upgrading our internet package sometime soon too. Instead of 5mb/s download speed.... we're getting 10mb/s download speed! (still not as much as in the city but it is what it is)

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 00:28:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: i tried all year last year i think its as good as dead there.
ig seems to be my most active social media.

but twitter is getting there.
finally reached 20 followers.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 04:14:22 )

@MoodyB: awe congrats >w<
ig and tumblr also amino is my most active social media for me. Although I tried to register and set up a twitter acc today and it turns out I already did waay back which I have no memory of it at all x.x

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 04:17:38 )

@Wildfire: Ah well at least you got something done even if it doesn't go as planned.
I haven't been the most productive today except well doing my daily chores and I need to do laundry and take down christmas decorations sometime this week.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 04:22:30 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Yup. Though, slow process.
but i have so much art coming the next couple of months.

I've had my twitter since 2017 but only began using it late 2019-early 2020.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 04:30:44 )

@MoodyB: Nice it will be slow but it will pay off eventually :3
I need to draw more this year as well. I just don't draw daily like I used to anymore you know TwT

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 04:54:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: im planning to do a lot more studies this year.
im working on a second study right now which is challenging.

i want to do a lot of portrait studies this year.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 13:51:02 )
This is exactly

Good morning

what you think it is.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 14:12:23 )

@Wildfire: Whoops, I didn't get it back here last night. At the time, it was also just after 4pm for me so I think we're in the same time zone. That sounds like a wonderful evening. I had a video call date with my boyfriend. We watched some of the Drawfee Twitch stream and worked on some of our drawings. It was a great night.

Good morning by the way!

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 14:15:29 )

@MoodyB: What study are you working on now? I am slowly working on making my art practice a habit too and be more focused with it. It's a struggle, but seems to be worth it for the little bits I've done already.

@Another Movie Addict: Good morning! How are you doing today?
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 14:26:35 )
@Another Movie Addict:
@Selikait:

Good morning!

Selikait: Don't worry about not making it back last night - I often seem to disappear around that time too and don't always make it back. It sounds like you did have an enjoyable evening! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.