Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 19:56:39 )
@Vixen: Hi Vixen. That sounds like a decent day to me!

@Koah: Yeah, I'm sure there will be an adjustment period. Is your niece up for the challenge? It might work out really well for all of you, actually, but there are soooo many variables that may come in to play!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 19:57:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: everywhere I can.
Ko-fi, IG, and twitter.
Haven't tried DA since i don't have any following on there and it's pretty dead.

Also tried gaiaonline since you can do RLC as long as you do some of their currency
but all i get is currency commissions lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 20:32:15 )

@Wildfire: the calm before the storm lol
i doubt i'll get anything useful done today though

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 20:39:12 )
@Vixen: LOL. Yeah, that happens. :3
I keep getting distracted from stuff ... I'm doing stuff... but not stuff I should be doing...?? Weird day for me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 20:58:25 )
@Wildfire: The variables make me nervous because I can see what can go wrong. I'm hoping for the best. Keep things calm and my husband can re-enforce rules if need be. She can be a spit fire sometimes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:24:17 )
@Koah: How old is she again? Spitfire isn't a bad thing as long as it's well-directed (which can sometimes be a challenge). Keeping communication clear will help a lot, imo. I'm sure you'll manage just fine! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:34:15 )

@Wildfire: haha yeah; i should at least be a functional human and get food first lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:47:17 )
@Vixen: Functional Human? There IS such a thing these days?? o_0 LOL. I'll need to go do the food thing again soon too :3 I'm making lentils and ham stew for my boys. What are you making?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:50:53 )
@Wildfire: She's 14 and hitting puberty pretty hard. Her hormones jump quickly, and her mom can't handle it anymore. Or at least needs distance/a break while those hormones settle a bit. The whole situation is a bit complicated. I'm basically the last resort card for her mom before she sends her daughter off to a teen facility again.
My primary job with her will be teaching her basic home habits and how to make friends.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:58:08 )

Good afternoon (or whichever time of day it is where you are)!

It sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day. I'm almost done with work for the day.

What does everyone have planned for the evening (or rest of their day)?
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 21:59:18 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I just spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot a network problem. Turns out my wireless access point router got fried.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:04:17 )

@Wildfire: i'm gonna microwave leftovers! XD
see? functional hooman!

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:18:26 )
@Koah: Oh yeah... I know that place (been there, done that; wasn't a lot of fun, tbh). I definitely wish you luck! I hope the space and different environment (& guidance) with you helps her process through whatever it is she's going through (and she may not even know what it is, or, in typical teenage style, not want to admit it out loud!). It is possible to work through, IMO. Consistency of expectations and mutual respect go a long way...

@Selikait: Well hello! It's a little after 4pm where I am and I'm about to go do dinner stuff for the family who will be looking for edibles pretty soon (teenagers - lol!) Beyond that, my plans probably involve a glass of wine, some TV or a movie, and Voltra ;) You?

@0v7: OOF! I hate it when that happens. Glad you found the problem, but sorry it took so long to get there (as it does sometimes!)

@Vixen: Yesh! Functional Hoooooomanz! XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:19:58 )

@Wildfire: I almost just gave up and sat in a corner when I realized my desktop STILL wouldn't connect to the internet LOL

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:21:26 )
@0v7: LOL. As long as the realization hit... and I'm glad you didn't end up in self-inflicted technological "time out" in the corner!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:22:51 )

@Wildfire: It was the silliest thing ever >w> I was like "why...why isn't my internet working still" [clicks troubleshooter] [troubleshooter says I don't have automatic IP grabbing on] "ah. I did that to myself."

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:30:53 )
@Wildfire: I'm really appreciating the support and well wishes on taking in my teen niece. When I took in a toddler 5 years ago, I got a lot of negative reactions and bad advice. :<
Man, Life has changed like mad since then.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:33:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

hello, greetings everyone

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:36:45 )
@0v7: I'm surprised you didn't try the troubleshooter earlier, but am glad you got there in the end! :3

@koah: Everything changes all the time - it is the only constant in the Universe! I'm here if you want or need to chat (not that I have the answers but I did go through what sounds like a similar situation, and at the very least, have survived the teenage years with my two sons). I think it's great that you're willing and able to try this for your niece :3 <3

@MoodyB: Hello there! How are you today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 22:38:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: So-So.
feeling that anxiety today lol.

but other than that im alright.
how about you?

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.