Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:33:59 )
good morning!
there was another massive fire in california, this time really really close to where i work
my work is just outside the evacuation zone but the orange hazy smoke in the air is definitely... spooky

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:37:06 )
@Lina: Thank you - that's the timing I remembered from last year, but who knows. We all know it's coming up and are looking forward to it from the sound of it, so that's good. How are you today?

@icedchai: Good... mo...af... day! XD I'm sorry to hear about the new fire, and that it's so close to wear you work. That has got to be nerve-wracking!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:42:09 )
@Wildfire: I have a cold, but I’m good otherwise.

@icedchai: that sounds very scary. I hope you are staying safe.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:49:11 )
we're pretty safe where we are, but i really feel for all those that had to be evacuated
it's a horrible time to be displaced, looking for hotels or trying to travel to stay with friends or relatives
there's definitely an ominous feeling in the air

buuuut it's alright, i feel like everyone's hanging in there as best as we can
we're pretty used to fires here and we know what to do in these situations

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:51:02 )
@Lina: I'm sorry you're dealing with a cold. Hopefully you'll get through it quickly! :3

I just vacuumed the house. :/

@icedchai: It's funny the specific things we get used to dealing with, isn't it - fires, hurricanes, blizzards, tsunamis, volcanoes, etc. Still, stay safe!!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 21:23:02 )

@wildfire:
thanks! will do
but how are you? anything new and exciting? or spooky??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 21:40:50 )
@icedchai: There's nothing in particular going on around here right now - it has been a day of cleaning and cooking for me. It feels like there's so much more to do today, but it's already 4:40pm and I'm not sure what else I can reasonably do before I cook dinner and collapse in to a heap for the day - lol!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 21:59:58 )
fair enough! i had the day off yesterday and all i had planned was to do some cleaning
but just getting myself to start that was.... difficult to say the least
deep cleaned the bathroom and called it a day lol
and I'm not even really finished with it

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:24:22 )
@icedchai: Yes, there are definitely days like that. And it's always the question of finding the balance between doing what needs to be done and recognizing that maybe you really do just need to take the day off to relax! Sometimes it's easier to discern that line than others

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:30:25 )

@wildfire:
totally. i'm definitely not a planner either, more of a go with the flow type
but unfortunately, that means nothing i want to do ever ends up getting done
so i'm trying to get better at doing a little bit of planning - nothing too extreme
just like, setting up a short task list for the days i want stuff to be done, like cleaning or shopping etc

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:37:10 )
@Wildfire: thank you! I hope it passes quickly too. I hate being sick. >.<

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:38:54 )
@icedchai: that sounds like me... but I always have lists. The problem is that I tend to be very fluid about accomplishing some of the things that are on the list, depending on how I feel for the day, how well I've slept, if the kids or the dogs or my husband end up doing something weird that I then need to adjust for...

@Lina: I don't know anyone who exactly enjoys being sick... but yes, please feel better soon! :3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:42:25 )
@icedchai: I’m glad to hear you’re staying safe!

@Wildfire: I wouldn’t mind being sick so much if I could stay home. My roommates calls in sick if he’s even slightly unwell. But I always go to work no matter how bad I feel. There isn’t anyone to take my place if I’m not there, plus I need the money.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:47:22 )

@wildfire:
lol wow it's like looking in a mirror
for me, even something as small as the weather or the "right" socks being in the hamper will do it for me
im cackling at myself, who let me be like this lol

@lina:
thanks! that's kind of you to say
i'm staying safe and cozy in my apartment most of the time
really tryna find those pillsbury halloween cookie dough, you know with the ghost and pumpkin design
but i can't for the life of me find any, they're all sold out everywhere
like, the only time i ever go out these days is to hunt those cookies down

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:54:24 )
@icedchai: omg, you just reminded me I NEED those cookies!!
We’re almost out of butter maybe I just use that as an excuse and get cookies

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:57:44 )
@Lina: Yes, that's an unfortunate situation to find yourself in, but it's to be expected sometimes

@icedchai: LOL.... I'm not quite that bad, but I do tend to "roll with the punches" more than I probably should. Honestly, there are days where I just don't want to talk. To anyone. For any reason. There are days where I just want to be outside and not cook and not be responsible and "to hell with the repercussions!". And days where I zoom through everything before lunch. Energy and attention can be ... a bit sporadic. LOL

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:04:59 )

@lina:
well good luck finding any!!! if you do, i'll be really jealous
i NEED those cookies! it's not halloween without them!

@wildfire:
i like that though! yeah that kind of lifestyle can be a bit inconvenient sometimes,
but generally i think that's a good way to go about life.
it takes off the pressure of upholding everyday expectations
winnie the pooh said it best: "doing nothing often leads to the very best something"

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:10:11 )
@icedchai: my target usually has a bunch of extra holiday sugar cookies after every holiday so I don’t think people in my town like them. Crazy people.. but more for me!

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:12:19 )
@icedchai: Yes, but it can add stress in other ways. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:13:04 )
This is exactly

I am finally home.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.