Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 21:44:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: haha it's okay. I will know better next time. but commissions came in time when I needed things. but my commissioners are super patient.

yeah. didn't help I couldn't bend my knee well at the time and confined to the car basically.
I am doing a lot better physically now tho.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 21:47:00 )
Good day~ im just popping in to say hi. It's been busy at work and at home the last week or so.
Im exhausted.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 13:53:06 )
@Wildfire: I'm doing great. <3 Not sleeping well sucks. Holiday shopping is always intimidating. T_T
@Koah: Around this time of year, it definitely gets busy, I hope you and Wildfire can get good rest soon. <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 14:29:46 )
@MoodyB: Well, I'm glad you had patient commissioners. It sounds like everything turned out ok in the end - that's good! :3
Even confined to the car, the balloon festival must have been something to see! ... and I'm glad that your knee is doing better now. That was a pretty long recovery :3

@Koah: Hey Koah! I hope all the "busy" is a good busy!! Did you switch jobs? How's that going? Are you going to be able to crash for a while and recuperate soon, I hope... at least for a little bit? (but I know the feeling)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 14:35:22 )
@Lotus: Yeah, holiday shopping can definitely be intimidating. I think that I'm pretty much done with it though, except for a couple things I need hubby's insights on for the kids, but he can handle those things :3

Good morning. It's December. ----> It's December, guys...

So what's everyone doing today?
I am staying home (I think). I have been running around for the last several days (week or more) doing (or trying to do) shopping of one kind or another... and it's time to spend the day at home. There are things here that I should probably get done and just not running around like a headless chicken is needed at this point :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 14:52:50 )
@Wildfire: Bet you feel glad you got most of it done before the rush too. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 15:40:37 )
@Lotus: Yes, I do actually. It's one reason why I let my friend drag me out for Black Friday marathon shopping every year! It's good "girl time" but it also gets me thinking about gifts and gives me that jump start on getting everything done. And sometimes there actually are good deals to be had. I don't always get everything for everyone on Friday, but usually by the weekend or over the next week I'm pretty much done buying things, and it's nice to not have to worry about it. :3 It helps that I don't have a large family to buy for.

What about you - do you celebrate Christmas or any Winter Holiday in any form? What does the "season" mean for you?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 16:21:13 )
@Wildfire: I love friends like that, it also helps when you can ask them what are some things they have considered they would like for a gift that year. I do celebrate Christmas and it's the time of the year I cherish a lot (outside birthdays for people in my life). What the season means for me is a good question. I would say comfort, family, friends, and time for reflection. Another good thing I noticed is that it's good to find something to look forward to in the new year. What about you? n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 17:14:27 )
@Lotus: I always look forward to that week between Christmas and the New Year. It tends to be quiet and uneventful and it's a good time to take some seriously-needed downtime... for my overall well-being on a number of levels. :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 18:18:49 )
@Wildfire: I imagine so. Glad you'll have some time for yourself. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 20:59:46 )
@Lotus: Yeah... and thank you.
Is it a time of year that you also enjoy, or do you tend to keep busy during that timeframe?

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 22:18:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah. a lot of them are friends and recommended me to thei friends. so it's been really nice.i may cancel the random one from Twitter because I'm just too booked.

oh yes definitely! they had a cute froggy balloon. very adorable. next time we are taking chairs and blankets haha.

yeah. my type if injury takes 6 months to a year to fully heal. I'm still kinda recovering. I can at least walk down stairs and cook now and do most things on my own with less help.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 22:18:37 )
@Lotus: your avi is so fun!
And thank you. Rest will be hard for me to come by for a while yet. So i just need to keep going and hope to keep my sanity.

@Wildfire: my husband came out to visit for a couple days. But we got snowed in. So he got to stay for another 2 days. We got to actually talk and discuss things which we've needed to do for a long time now.
Omg. December Already! oTL
Im at work watching a nasty snow storm brewing and i gotta drive home tonight.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 13:04:17 )
@Wildfire: I don't usually take that time off, but this year I am going to. Going to cherish it as much as possible. n_n
@Koah: Thank you so much. <3 I am super proud of it and I love yours. <3 No rest is unfortunate. T_T

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 15:05:05 )
@MoodyB: aaah... but you never know what doing a commission from somebody unknown might spiral in to! LOL - but you do need to manage your customer list as well, so I'm only half teasing^^. :3 That's lovely that a couple of your friends have helped you get work like that! Congrats - word of mouth work is one of the best things! :3

Oh! Having chairs and blankets and stuff would be a nice thing to do... give you the chance to just kind of hang out and watch the balloons. It sounds absolutely lovely, actually. Now I want to go find a balloon launch to watch!! XD

I'm glad your knee is feeling better. It's amazing how long certain injuries can take to heal, isn't it? Of course, it's also amazing that the body does heal certain things...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 15:22:41 )
@Koah: (I never thought I'd say this to anyone, but...) Oh Good! I'm glad you got snowed in with hubby!! XD <3 Seriously, it sounds like it worked out well for the both of you, and I'm glad :3 <3

I hope you got home ok in whatever snowstorm was brewing.

What are your plans for today? Working? Is this the new job? How's it going??

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 18:01:18 )
@Lotus: your color combos is just -chef kiss-
Im reusing my winter avi from last year. Nothing too exciting or new, but i like it and glad you do too. C:
I have a baby under a year old that hates sleep. -tear-

@Wildfire: i havent switched jobs yet. I still plan to, the job my sister is trying to get me to go to needs to sort out some internal affairs first before they get new staff.
The snow storms the last 2 weeks have been a bit intense. I left work early yesterday, which was perfect because i got stuck behind a plow most of the way over the mountain.
If you don't mind, i can share pictures with you via FB. :p

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 21:08:32 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: tbh I get more scammers pretending to be clients than actual clients
I had to decipher almost a few scsmmers.

yeah, it's been super nice and supportive with friends supporting my work.I don't mind just being the emote artist lol. I got a big order for discord emotes I'm so excited to do.

nothing else but my emotes tend to sell a lot more than other commission types. but if I get more job opportunities I'm happy with that haha. I need to get myself some headphones as my concentration is bad lately lol

yesss. much more room to move and stretch as well. I really want to go to one in Japan. they have super pretty ones

yeah. I just hate feeling rather weak. I get super impatient with injuries and illnesses. my stamina is still lacking and I'm slowly building my back muscles again but it's just a lot of work physically.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 15:18:26 )
@Lotus: (sorry I didn't reply yesterday - I ran out of posts!) Good - I'm happy to hear that you're going to take that time off this year. It really is a special time of year, imo, and I have a sneaky suspicion that you in particular will appreciate it :3 <3 *namaste*

@Koah: So it's all in progress. Gotcha. I hope things go well for you :3
Yeah - that's fine. Tag me or whatever and I'll find the photos. I'd love to see what you're looking at and dealing with daily! <3
Are you getting more snow than usual for this time of year in your area?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 15:22:30 )
@MoodyB: Ugh... scammers. I honestly don't understand scamming people. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with them regularly... that's no fun at all!!

Hey - as long as you're working, right? And it definitely helps that you seem to be enjoying what you're working on - that's a big plus!

I don't know anyone who is particularly patient of being injured or feeling weak, tbh. I think it's a natural and normal thing to not exactly enjoy being in that situation. :3

Oh! A balloon festival in Japan would be extra fun, wouldn't it? Especially with all that cultural history behind it... I hope you get to go and experience that one day :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.