Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 11:30:44 )

@Wildfire: Thank you! Yours is adorable too. :D

Sadly no one really tried my cheesecake. At my aunt's insistence it was kept in the refrigerator until everyone was done eating and by that point many people had already dug into the other dessert options, so I guess no one wanted any more. My stepmom split a small piece with my aunt (and they did like it!) but that's all. I'm pretty bummed, because it turned out so good and I wanted others to experience it.

Oh well, more for the roommate and I, I guess. XD

Overall Thanksgiving was great but hoo boy I ate too much. Ended up with a sour stomach overnight. Bleh.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 19:44:43 )
@Wildfire: Our gathering was just me, my husband and his mom and dad. Very small, they did all the cooking, but mostly boxed/premade, so thankfully they didn't slave away all day. I'm hoping for xmas she's willing to let us bring something. She doesn't like to put people out. We ended up watching some hallmark xmas movies, but cause the Doctor Who my father in law wanted us to watch, was the season that I haven't seen yet. I'm still with 12 and Clara.

Sounds like you had a tame thanksgiving as well.

@Lotus: Hi! It's great to see you around as well. How have things been?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/26 14:14:35 )
@Lotus: Oh, that can be fun! Have you found anything particularly interesting?

@CooperationIsKey: Awwww... that's kind of sad that you went through that effort and didn't get to really share it. I'm glad that it was liked by the people who did get some, though! :3 ... and yes, more for you and your roomie! <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/26 14:15:59 )
@Rei Ann: Yes, our Thanksgiving was extremely tame this year. Holidays around here are usually mellow, tbh, but I usually do more cooking and there's often at least one or two other people around (but not much more than that). This year, it was much more like a normal day... but with turkey, stuffing, and an extra vegetable! XD

I don't remember what season of Doctor Who we started watching, tbh, but it's the first one from the more recent reboot with Rose. We've seen it before, but then lost track of the series, so we're starting over again. We have a lot of catching up to do. It sounds like you have some catching up to do with the show too :3

Good morning, everyone!
Did anyone do some Black Friday shopping yesterday?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/26 20:10:10 )
@Wildfire: Kinda of like m holidays with my inlaws. With my family I grew up with, every holiday had a major fight between someone. My inlaws, not a single fight. It's strange, but very very nice. Oh that sounds like you started back up with the 9th Doctor. Yeah, I need to catch up before the new stuff starts next year. I'm so excited as my favorite companion is coming back.

We did a little Black Friday shopping in the afternoon. Mostly went out to get a few things we needed, like a tote to put stuffies away, and I did stop at the mall to get some bras as they were on sale.

Did you do any shopping?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/26 23:21:50 )

@Wildfire: Lowkey holidays are nice; I don't miss living at home and having to spend most of the day doing dishes while everyone socialized in the other room. I'm sure my mom felt similarly about all the cooking!

The only thing I bought yesterday were a little set of opossum stickers from an online shop. I'd love to do a little shopping but I don't have my own transportation and my roommate's been at work. Oh well, I'm practically broke anyhow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 14:26:54 )
Oops!... I disappeared for a couple of days!! I have a friend who "kidnaps" me every year for Black Friday shopping and boy, oh boy is it ever a marathon of shopping and running around and trying to find gifts... so that's what happened to me the last couple of days! Well, Friday and Saturday at least. I was out shopping from about 5am to 11pm shopping on Friday, and again Saturday from about noon to 4, then for a couple hours after a family dinner. We have been doing shopping like that on Black Friday for years now... and yes, it's entirely my friend's fault. If not for her, I'd probably just stay home on Black Friday, tbh, or go out just for a couple of hours at some point during the day.

Yesterday, I spent on the couch, recovering from lack of sleep and dealing with craziness of all that shopping. XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 14:31:02 )
@Rei Ann: Yeah, my holidays as a kid were loud and a bit crazy too - it seemed like somebody was always yelling (or perhaps crying) throughout. I think it's one reason why I have been doing the low-key holidays as an adult... that, and the family dynamics are just very, very different :3

Yes, we just finished the Doctor Who season that featured Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor and have started in on the next season with David Tennant. It's making me almost want to go back and watch the original seasons of the series from the 60s, but those were pretttttty cheesy, if I remember correctly and I'm not sure they'd have much relevance to the revived series, really.

It sounds like you had a pleasant Friday, doing a little bit of shopping. :3

@CooperationIsKey: Oh no! Your family abandoned you to do all the dishes alone on holidays?? That's no fun... and talk about tedious! Ouch! ... but yes, doing all the cooking alone can be absolutely crazy too. It's definitely a long-haul on either end of the meal!!

Ahhh... I'm sorry to hear you didn't get out on Friday, like you might have liked, but it sounds like maybe things worked out for you anyway.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 21:22:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

hello, greetings all.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 22:14:01 )
@MoodyB: Hey there, Hi there, Ho there! How are you, there?? XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 23:42:41 )
@Wildfire: That's something I relate to. Low key holidays are just the best.

I never got the chance to see the older doctor who. I am hoping with Disney plus getting the rights for the new stuff, that they might get the older stuff. It's hard to catch up nowadays as everything has it's own streaming service. I wanna go back to when only netflix had the market.

Did your weekend go well?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 01:16:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: lolol, I am good, just relaxing today.
how about you?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 12:35:01 )
@Rei Ann: Things have been okay, dealing with my lungs giving me issues due to the weather shift.
@Wildfire: Been thinking of making an orange spice cake to change things up from the norm (chocolate). n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 14:59:56 )
@Rei Ann: I remember watching reruns of the original Doctor Who series as a kid. I don't think I ever watched it beginning to end, and I don't remember there being an overarching story line, or it being a particularly interesting series, tbh... although there were certainly fans of the show back then. It might be nice to have the chance to revisit it now, in context of the newer series.

Hubby and I were just saying last night that all these gazillion channels that you need a subscription for is annoying AF... and each of them really only has one or two shows worth watching. But then again, we don't subscribe to all of the channels either, and nobody here is that addicted to TV that we couldn't or wouldn't just shut it off completely.

My weekend was crazy with Black Friday shopping and a general lack of sleep, but fun. How was yours?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 15:02:12 )
@MoodyB: Oh yeah? Relaxing is good :3 - is this a relaxing because you can or because you need it??.
What have you been up to lately? Did that balloon festival thing happen yet (they usually seem to happen in the Fall, right?)?

@Lotus: Oh! Are you much of a baker? Orange spice cake sounds lovely, tbh!

Good morning, everyone.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 21:39:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it's kinda both. I have to but i also need to haha. I took on a lot of jobs lately so burnout has been trying to kick me in the butt lolol.

Balloon festival was back in September but it was very hard on my physically because of my knee injury as it was exactly s month from my injury and i hadnt built up muvh strength. so I was mostly in pain and I couldn't really see much.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 11:48:59 )
@Wildfire: Good morning, I love baking a lot. The idea sounded delicious and I have some fresh oranges for it. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 14:25:52 )
@MoodyB: Aaaah... gotcha. Well, congrats on getting a lot of commissions! I'm sorry to hear that they had a burnout kind of an effect on you though! :3 LOL - September. That was a while ago, wasn't it? I'm sorry that it was more painful than fun for you! :3

@Lotus: It sounds lovely! When should I come over to sample a piece?? XD <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 16:35:31 )
@Wildfire: Whenever you get a chance. xD <3 How are you doing today?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/30 19:38:39 )
@Lotus: XD <3
I'm doing ok today so far, despite not sleeping well last night. I tried to do more holiday shopping and was mildly successful.
How are you doing today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.