Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 16:18:17 )
@Wildfire: I wish you all the best luck with your oncoming storm!

Im drinking a lot of coffee to help top off my packing today. I have to pack up my truck and pack my own clothes and needs and the dogs' stuff too. The kids are all packed.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 16:29:49 )

I keep watching the weather news as well. I hope you will be alright and I know you know what to do, but it's a big one. At least it's not a direct hit for you anymore.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 17:07:00 )
@Koah: It sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! I hope everything goes well for you and that you enjoy your time with your family :3
We'll be ok with the storm, I think - he has turned far enough south that all the major, expected effects will not be aimed at us.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I'm not worried about the effects of Ian for us at this point. Obviously, there will be some impact, but nothing like it was initially predicted to be. Thank you for the support, though - it's appreciated. :3 I hope your family fares well with Ian, since he's now headed more their way...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 17:08:09 )

@Wildfire: Yeah it's going to be very serious for them. Texted my cousin, still nothing. So I hope everything is alright.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 19:27:03 )
@Totalanimefan: They are probably just trying to conserve battery power on their devices or have lost connections with their phones, internet, whatever. :3 I'm sure they'll get back to you once the storm has passed, but I know it's nerve-wracking!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 19:31:10 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I'm not faulting them at all. I know what it's like and you know you have to save all the battery you have. It has to last you days.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 19:33:33 )
@Totalanimefan: exactly... and it's not like you can really DO anything with the technology when you're in the middle of a storm...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 20:03:02 )

@Wildfire: Yes. You gotta keep it alive for when it can work again. I hope FL has added enough cell towers now. I remember having a working cell phone but it was no good cause you couldn't even send a text cause everyone was trying to call and text at the same time. How are things looking near you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/28 21:24:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, things here are fine, thanks. We've gotten a couple gusts and it's still raining, but still, only lightly, really... I came on to check whether or not the forecast has changed...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/29 13:20:08 )
Well, I survived Ian's overnight shenanigans without issue. I have a couple plants that are bent over from the wind, but that's it, and right now, it's almost cold outside (69*F), with breezes. It's overcast, but there's no rain, and there's not even any sitting water. But I'm also about 2hrs or so north of where Ian hit land, and then sat there for several hours, which made things so much worse for that section of coast. I'm sure the damage to that area is extensive. :( I am considering making the trip down there to help clear debris, etc., once that becomes possible. We'll see.

Good morning.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/30 01:15:21 )
@Wildfire: im glad you guys were not affected much!

I told my roommate he won't need to worry about rent if he finds a way to go south and help with debris, etc.
It's a long ways from my house though, so i don't think he'll find a way but i wish he would.

Im halfway to my destination. Ill be at my family's house tomorrow.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/30 12:02:43 )
@Koah: If he's interested in helping, try checking churches or other organizations known for helping during events like this... or at least maybe donating blood or something? Does he have a skillset that could come in particular use down here? I'm sure a list of needed things will be posted at some point - they're still assessing.

It sounds like you really want him to come down here. Can I ask why?

I hope your trip is going smoothly! <3 Are you relieved to be on the road and halfway to your destination?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/1 16:41:29 )
I was mortified that Ian strengthened when it left Florida and gave the Carolinas some grief. This really has been an unpredictable storm for the books.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/1 21:45:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Long time no see everyone!
Happy October 1st.
hope everyone is having a great day.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 18:15:56 )
@Aisukohi: The predictions were on target... they were expecting it to re-strengthen before making landfall again. But yes, this was a weird storm on a number of levels.

@MoodyB: Hey - it's good to see you. How have you been?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 18:29:08 )
@Wildfire: my roommate is a person who thrives from helping others. He'd do well in a volunteering position for natural disasters.

I am officially at my mom's and settling in.
I definitely acclimated to my high desert living. This mountain weather is ... Cold. Lol. XD
Got a feeling this is going to be a snowy/freezing winter.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 20:46:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: pretty good.
just Been binge watching shows while I get some work done lol.
hbu?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 21:47:23 )
@Koah: ... and he's not already connected to various charitable organizations or whatever? I wish I had a group or connection to share concerning this Ian chaos, but at the moment, I don't. My town put together some collections/donations of essentials for the folks in Ft.Myers/Naples but I haven't heard about anything else going on like that just yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before something is organized beyond the immediate emergency stuff. People are still "digging out", dealing with power outages, etc. right now.

I'm glad you're "settling in". I really hope you get a chance to relax and take some time for yourself. <3 When do you start this temporary job gig of yours?

It's funny how we acclimate to the environment, huh? You might surprise yourself and re-acclimate fairly quickly. Time will tell. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 21:49:30 )
@MoodyB: Oh that sounds like an interesting combination. What are you working on these days?

Uhh... I'm trying to put things back post-hurricane-scare, and trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's now October... but I'm good, thanks. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/2 22:01:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I have too many projects haha.
but I'm working on finishing really old work to replace my outdated commission samples on my website since most of the styles or samples I have I don't do as much.

past few weeks tho, I've done commission work on another site I really have been enjoying.

oh no hope you are safe!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.