Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Share your tips for Stress/Anxiety

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 21:26:29 )

Hey all,

I know we all experience stress and anxiety. Some days more than others. What are some things that you do to help you deal with stress or anxiety?

Share and discuss tips with others and maybe we can all learn how to feel more relaxed.

And I know I don’t even have to say this, but just in case, let’s keep this realistic but on the positive side. Please don’t poo poo other’s ideas if it didn’t work for you. Everyone is different.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 21:30:39 )

I like listening to Lofi music when I feel like I need to relax. I also listen to it when studying or cleaning, cooking just anytime I need something in the background. I feel like I can’t live without it lol.

Splashing cold water on my face or running cold water on the inside of my wrists help me calm down when I’m feeling overwhelmed. Face isn’t always possible in public so I like the wrist option too.

Breathing deeper helps as well. I often find myself breathing shallowly without knowing. If I start breathing in for 4 counts and then releasing for 4 counts helps. Sometimes when you are starting it doesn’t seem possible to get up to 4 but start with 2 and work your way up.

If yours are similar still share them in your own words. Or what you do that’s different.

Artist Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 21:35:04 )
When I'm home I either listen to music I like or put a show/movie/youtube video on and do something that I normally hyperfocus on. Like crafting or sims building. If I can't focus enough to do something I'll just try to watch something to distract myself.

If I'm in public I try to just breathe as much as I can and bide my time til I can get home to do the above solutions lol and if all else fails, I take a nap/go to bed. Gotta hard restart that brain xD

Voltie — They/He Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 07:52:25 )

I deal with a lot of overstimulation-induced anxiety and mood swings, so I've invested in things that help aleviate the input levels. I have blackout curtains on my window to keep light levels in my room low, and over-the-ear noise cancelling ear muffs that are construction-grade (they can be found at most hardware stores, i think my pair was ~$20). The muffs also provide a nice squeeze, not a painful one, and the pressure is soothing.

and as Ruby said, if all else fails, nap time.

Don\\\'t know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — He/They Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 10:30:10 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I do the box breathing exercise (breath in for 4sec, hold for 4sec, breath out for 4sec and hold again).
I vent to my friends (if theyre able to listen).
I like to listen to music (specificly caravan palace, idk what but its just very calming to me).
I also like to make vent art then, just get my "thoughts" out on a canvas. its not "good" art and i rarely post it lol.
I rewatch a gameplay on youtube that i enjoy.

Thas just some of mine atleast ;w;

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — They/Them Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 17:35:23 )
For me personally, anytime I'm stressed out I like to listen to relaxing music, taking a cold foot bath or a cold shower, going outside, taking a nap, and just pretty much talking to my family members.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 19:17:51 )

All great suggestions. I’m going to bookmark this thread for the next time I need it.

Voltie — she/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/6 07:01:39 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

I just started bullet journaling again - it really helps me work out that nervous energy when I have really bad flare ups. I have different journals. The first is dedicated to the positivity and forward momentum I'm trying to make in my life. The other one is my toxic thought journal. When I get anxious I tend to ruminate and start negative spiraling so I made this my dedicated space to get alll those harsh anxiety spiral thoughts out of my head and into it's own container. When I'm ready - I can go back and practice some kindness and maybe see what my thought patterns are so I'm better equipped next time I feel like that way.

Other stuff - I go for walks if the weather is nice. I live in a small apartment so if I'm anxious - walking helps me get out of the confinement of my apartment and out of my head a bit. If I can remember - I'll also try to do something nice for future me like clean the kitchen or take a shower or play with my cats. Anything that forces me to interact with my environment.

If I just want some quiet time - I'll put on a cozy game like animal crosssng or stardew valley, watch one of my favorite streamers, or catch up on my favorite youtubers, shows, etc.

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦
👽 Formerly Sailormoon 👽

Voltie — she/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/8 00:53:54 )

Music is usually my first choice, especially if I'm feeling really intense.
Keep busy, if possible.
Make sure that if I consume anything in terms of youtube/television or books, that the subject matter is positive no matter what.
Avoid social media, put the phone down, sit without a screen on at all. Helps me a lot with feeling calm!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/10 02:23:36 )
Breathing exercises like the ones mentioned above help me, and listening to my favorite music, which can range anywhere from very calming to very "angry" lol. Venting helps me too, especially if I'm allowed to cuss, because I have a mouth. :x

One mantra that helps me get through tough situations is reminding myself that if others have been through it, I can get through it. One way or another, I have to push through it. Usually the experience turns out not as bad as I thought I would, so that helps me too. I remind myself that it won't kill me, whatever it is, and that I'll be okay in the end, even if it's not the perfect experience. Helped me get through being in the hospital while having my son. I was eerily calm through it all, and part of me wonders if I was being apathetic or going through some other mental something or other. For reference, I'm just over 100 pounds soaking wet, and my son was born 9 pounds 7 ounces. C-section of course, but yeah, I was surprised how calm I was knowing what was coming.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Moody Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/10 03:04:10 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

sometimes I just pick a subject to paint or draw off pinterest, put on my fave show or Playlist and just tune out my own thoughts.

it's not always easy but it's very therapeutic for me when my stress and anxiety is at it's highest.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/10 04:08:21 )

@Alexia:
littlespace can be very relaxing
:3

Donator — She/Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/10 10:25:18 )
I deal with a lot of stress and anxiety and I found some things help me:

- Calming music
- Do something creative as that kind of changes and calms the stress/anxiety to a more calming creative state of mind
- Talk to someone about it
- Good sleep

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/10 23:24:32 )

@Alexia:
maybe
^///^;

yuss i def dress alt/little in public
i got all decked out just for my
DR appt today haha~
i enjoy it thought, i do it for myself

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/11 03:47:58 )

@Alexia:
teehee~
o uo
i like pacifier~
i have some supplies to make my own too~
and i like lots, including kawaii floofy etc~
and sure i can pm
c;

/agreeew

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/11 20:15:09 )

I'm so happy others are able to use this thread. Thank you for all the tips as well.

Lately I've been listening to sleep or calm guided meditations at night, they seem to work. I use YouTube but there are lots of other places online too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.