Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 15:44:50 )
@Wildfire: I haven't even heard whose won! lol, just that Rihanna is now all over social media for being pregnant and performing. XDD

I gave my kids a valentine's candies with little quickly written notes to bring to school. They loved them. Then I told them 'no kissing boys' and 'don't be flirtin with all the girls' and I got equally appalled "WHAT!" out of both of them. :} hehe
my husband was supposed to leave today to head back to our house, his plans were forced to change, so we won't be doing anything today. Id be .. pleasantly surprised if we do go out or.. something? -shrugs-

I have been curious how your son is doing, however, I want you to be able to focus on getting out of the funk. <3 Glad you're getting back onto your goals.

the vision place here knows my mom by face, but not me. Once I did get around to mention here, they recapped her recent life events "oh! she just broke her foot, you must be the daughter running her daycare," etc. XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 15:56:12 )

@Wildfire: Oh shi- you just reminded that is valentines today. I have absolutely no plans since I'm single =w=
I just woke up recently and I already crave a second cup of coffee or tempted to drink a tall glass of coke in my fridge... A bonk in the head for watching anime so late last night....

If I have motivation in me after my shower later, I do want to do some minor cleaning done as well but for now I'm just trying to wake up

@koah: Awe I love small towns :3
It would makes sense if that's their reasoning *nods*

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 16:06:20 )

Good news is my jaw isn't hurting anymore. So I'm keeping an eye on it but I think I'm okay for the time being. (Don't worry, I intend to tell my doctor and take antibiotics if he wants me to, but the dentist I can afford can't see me until *urk* September, sooo...)

Ah, health care in America. 🙃

Anyway how are you guys doing?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 16:35:34 )
@Koah: The Chiefs won, but it was a very close game. The teams were really well matched. It's a game worth watching, imo... the kind of game that you want to see, if you watch football. Rihanna and her entire performance was horrible, imo... and yes, she was definitely pregnant.

LOL at your kids! <3 Awwww... that age is so cute sometimes! I have cards for my boys, but haven't given them out yet, and the one that needs to be mailed hasn't made it to the box yet either.

I hope your hubby takes advantage of his forced change in plans and does something sweet to surprise you. :3

My son seems to be doing well, thank you. I didn't hear from him last night, but did get a text a few nights ago about "is the wood stove supposed to smoke up the entire house?". I had to give him a lesson in opening the flue, and trying to explain the idea of storm windows to him to get the smoke out (apparently the windows were frozen shut and he was completely perplexed by the multiple layers of glass) XD ... and then another text a day or so ago "guess how many layers I was wearing today". The answer: 8. XD

Yeah, I'm doing ok too... I've processed through most of it, I think. Now, I'm just trying to get my own goals refocused & my momentum back after having to shift gears so suddenly to help out the kid...errm... young man... errm... cowboy?... as he moved across country and climates. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 16:41:30 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I get that whole "sleepy" thing. I was tossing and turning far too late in to the night last night myself, tbh. I don't feel particularly rested either. I hope the caffeine kicks in for you soon and that you have a productive day - whatever that means for you.

Hubby and I "celebrate" Valentine's Day only as an excuse to have a date night and it's a good reminder to not take our relationship for granted. If I were single, though, I'd probably forget the day too, tbh

@CooperationIsKey: I'm glad your jaw isn't bothering you any more... but healthcare, period. Ugh. Are you still planning to research other options, in case whatever is going on comes back and you can't wait until September?

I'm ok, thanks... currently trying to figure out what I am doing with myself this morning... now that it's 10:40 (how the heck did it get to be 10:40am already????!!) UGH.

How are you doing? Got anything going on today?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 16:51:47 )

@Wildfire: Awe well I hope you guys have a fantastic date night :3
And yes one day I'll care about this day more if I ever gotten myself into a relationship.

I'm honestly in the middle of making a valentine avi atm. I couldn't help it I swear I'll shower afterwards xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:04:13 )
@Purpsy: Awww, thank you. It'll be a good night, I think... full of good food :3

LOL - can't wait to see your new avi :3

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:21:40 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, if worse comes to worst I'll call the dentist I went to last for help. Can't really afford him but I can't afford *not* to afford him, you know? Sigh.

Eh, we went to the store for a few things but that's about it. I think I've got the house to myself most of the day though, so there's that, lol.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:24:21 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, I completely get that. It sucks that sometimes we have to make those kinds of choices.
Yay for having the house to yourself for the day! What are you going to do with that opportunity??

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:27:57 )

@Wildfire: You can go nothing wrong with food =q=
Well... this is what I got. There's a storyline on this one also

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:32:09 )
@Purpsy: oh - that's a cute avatar! ... it's not what I was expecting, but it's very cute! :3

LOL... yeah, hard to go wrong with dinner out, right? ................. I could probably use a little less of that though tbh. X_x XD

Ok - I'm trotting off to run an errand or two. I should bbs-ish. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 17:34:13 )

@Wildfire: Lol well I did went complete anti opposite last year so... got to change things up xD
And I'm going to take a shower before I get even more lazier brb too o7

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 18:27:20 )

@Wildfire: Oop turns out we're probably going to run errands after roommate (who came home) eats lunch. Which is fine lol, gives me something to do.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 19:18:09 )
@CooperationIsKey: lol... at least it gets you out of the house, right? XD
I hope your errands go well :3

I just got back from my errands. They went better than expected XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 21:43:23 )
@Wildfire: I giggled out loud about your son's wyo adventure so far. The stove! and the layers! so funny, and understandable if he hasn't been to exposed to either thing yet.
I walked to my coffee shop today and it's snowing pretty heavy and the barista was like "What are you doing?! Too cold for nice walks!"

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 22:55:55 )
@Koah: LOL - yeah... I'm just glad he called me and that I could help him. Before he left, when he mentioned the stove, I did tell him about the flue and needing to learn how to use the stove before using it, but apparently he didn't hear that. XD ... and now he knows! XD There are not a lot of fireplaces or wood stoves in this part of FL. If it's that cold (outside), we usually do a firepit or drag out the standing electric heaters.

I heard there's another 8" of snow falling...??? o_0
This is a weird winter....

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/15 08:35:23 )

Wheee~ Valentine's avatar a day late lmao.
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/15 14:06:08 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh look at you, all decked out in bubbles and balloons! That's a very cute, very fun Valentine's Day avatar! ... a day late XD <3

... and from the looks of things, we have a couple new items to play with? (I'm just getting here this morning and haven't seen notifications or anything yet)

So how are you, Key? Did you have a good night?

Good morning, btw!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/15 15:00:50 )
@Wildfire: I'm going to have a great time hearing second hand stories from you about your cowboy son. <3 lol!
I heard about our snow storm coming. Hmm, This is definitely a snowy year, that's for sure. Not quite a snowmageddon, but close. We're getting a foot or two here and there and then people actually have time to clear roads before the next snow fall.
I've experienced a year out here where we got snowed in for a week.... on a neighborhood suburban road near downtown. e.e' Snow plows were overwhelmed. Then the winter had to top us off by giving us a brisking of snow in July. That was such a weird year.

@CooperationIsKey: omg! your avi is so fun!!!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/15 15:49:16 )
@Koah: lol! <3 Yeah... my cowboy son. He's a character... you'd like him a lot, I think... but I'm LMAO down here, knowing what he's dealing with for the first real time in his life and how he already hates the snow XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.