Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/12 15:45:10 )

@Wildfire: Just something I say when I feel your pain xD
It happen during the pandemic too... at this point 2020 was just a pandora box full strange and tragic events.

How are you today?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/12 19:09:09 )
@Purpsy: 2020 and since have been... weird.
My day is going ok, thanks. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it now, actually...
How is your day going?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/12 20:07:08 )

@Wildfire: It's a peaceful Sunday so far. Nothing much is happening at the moment also.
I'm just currently browsing while listening to some upbeat music.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/12 21:56:52 )

@Wildfire: Busy day but sounds like a fun one. :D

My past couple of days have consisted mostly of sleeping away pain to be honest. On top of shark week I gotta find a dentist this week, it seems. Fun stuff. XP

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 14:21:33 )
@Purpsy: Peaceful Sundays are good. I'm glad you're able to chill out and relax

@CooperationIsKey: oh no! ... a dentist now? I hope there's nothing serious going on. You're not having the best week, are you? :(

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 14:27:35 )
Good morning!

Did anyone watch the game last night? We don't usually watch football, but last night's Superbowl was a really good game. I'm glad we put it on!

I've got some errands and miscellaneous stuff to do today. What do you guys have going on?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 14:57:28 )
@Purpsy:
@Wildfire:
-spongbob narrator voice- Four Days Later

I did indeed find my glasses.... but I had a nutty bananas night out on Saturday. Hung out by the dj at a shindig and they fell off my face at some point. <.<
My d.d. found them, surprisingly in one piece.. but missing a lense. XD
On my way out of said party, I looked down at my feet when I was grabbing my jacket at the front and my lense was right there.
So weird.
Lense was ALL the way across the dance floor/party in one piece.
Glasses didn't snap and also in one piece.
I feel luckier than sin. However, I do need to get them fixed. lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 15:16:39 )
@Koah: Wow - sounds like you had a "Glasses Faerie" following you around! XD You did get lucky, although I imagine that your glasses do need a bit of attention. Did you have fun with your shenanigans? It sounds like you blew off some steam, at least! <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 15:33:41 )
@Wildfire: I had a lot of fun. It was a much needed night.
My hair got done, my hairdresser was also my stylist back in my modelling years. o3o So she did my makeup and I didn't want to waste her efforts so I went and partied with the youthful people at the ski resort. lol!!
CX I needed that night so, so much.

Definitely had something watching my back on saturday. :3 Maybe not a faery since those are tricky bastards. lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 15:38:42 )
@Koah: GOOD! I'm so glad you had a chance to blow off some steam and have some serious fun! <3 It sounds like you had a good time! :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 16:45:45 )
@Wildfire: How was your weekend? :d

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 18:07:04 )
@Koah: oh, my weekend was ok, thanks. I took mom out for lunch and then went shopping with a friend and her daughter who needed to find a dress for a wedding next weekend. Sunday, I hung out with hubby and we watched the game last night. It wasn't anything particularly noteworthy, but it was a decent weekend. :3

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 20:06:51 )

@Wildfire: For multiple reasons, including not having dental coverage at all for a good decade and my mental health tanking real hard a few years ago, my teeth are not in good condition. I need a lot of work done and can't afford it. Good news is I'm in with a sliding-scale fee clinic but the bad news is they can't see me until September. So I might have to get emergency work done elsewhere. Whee~
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 20:55:25 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh...ouch! September is a long time to wait if you're in dental crisis! I hope you find somebody close, who's good and can get you in soon, and who you can afford, soon and without much hassle!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 22:25:36 )

@Koah: Wow... that is extremely lucky and unlucky at the same time
That must be some wiild saturday night but I'm glad you found it in the end though.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 23:21:33 )
@Purpsy: wild, indeed. lol. XD I should write like a short story of my Saturday, I'm sure some people would enjoy reading it. Cx

@Wildfire: I keep forgetting it was super bowl Sunday. XD
Lunch with mom and dress shopping sounds like it was a fun time. :p

/
I got my glasses fixed today, there's a vision place in this little town, so they looked em over and fixed them on the spot for free. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 00:56:08 )

@Koah: Lol true you should xD
And damn for free!? Now that's lucky

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 15:13:34 )
@Wildfire: omgosh, your avi is precious.

@Purpsy: I miss small towns where community over profit is still a thing. <3
But it did dawn on me that my mom's store is the vision place's view out the window. XDD They might've done my glasses for free, but it's the rep that matters. In turn I'll turn around and tell my mom about their generosity and then my mom will tell her customers... etc etc.
But I'mma go with that it was free and they were just being genuinely kind. :d

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 15:14:21 )
@Koah: It was a good Saturday for me, yeah... but not nearly what yours was like from the sound of it! XD
We gave up watching pro sports years ago, really, but we'll sometimes put on the superbowl and watch -at least for a bit, and especially the last few years. This year, it was my idea to put it on and I'm glad we did - it was a good game (but the Eagles should have won XD )

So how's everyone doing today?
Hubby and I are going to dinner tonight to "celebrate" Valentine's Day and I'm going to run to the library with my mom this morning for a bit - there's a craft group meeting there that she wants to check out. Otherwise, I need to clean up the house a bit and get my sh*t back in order and start making some progress on my own goals again, now that I'm no longer completely reeling from my son's decisions...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/14 15:17:09 )
@Koah: hehe... thank you. I thought I'd do something a little different for Valentine's Day. :3

I'm so happy to hear places still exist where community is more important than profit! I'm not sure about the smaller glasses shops here, but ironically, the bigger chain stores will fix glasses for free for us... but I'm also not sure if we're grandfathered in at this point - we've been going there for years and the manager/owner(?) knows us on sight...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.