Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:02:30 )
@Wildfire: I am doing well, thank you! I saw an ad for the site on Facebook. I used to go on similar sites years ago and figure I’d check Voltra out.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:04:04 )
@Grandma: Oh cool. I didn't realize Voltra was advertizing on Facebook. What sites were you on, if you don't mind my asking?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:07:39 )

@Wildfire: I'm good. Excited. After work today, friends and I are going to see the new Spiderman movie.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:10:24 )
@Wildfire: yeah it’s page popped up in my recommends on my feed.

I used to be on Roliana but that site is gone now. I’ve still got a Gaia account from 2005 and an account with Solia and Menewsha. I was also on Ernya, Crysandrea, Tripshee, and some other ones I can’t remember the names of now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:13:51 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh right - you had mentioned that seeing the new movie was something you were planning on doing! That sounds like fun.

@Grandma: I think just about everyone had a Gaia account at one point or another. I was there in the early days too, as well as several other sites. I think most of us here have been on at least a few other avatar sites through the years...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:14:40 )

I'm going to be so tired, but it'll be worth it.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:16:02 )
@Another Movie Addict: I hope you have fun at the movies! ^_^

@Wildfire: It is good to get back into one of these sites again. The art style here is really cute!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:17:15 )

I'm so excited. >w<

Lol my boss is glad he'll finally be able to talk about it. Since I requested no spoilers.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:22:51 )
AMA, why is that going to make you particularly tired?

@Grandma: it is! And it's a nice, mature community too :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:24:03 )

I still have to go to work. lol And we close at 7. So our showing time is 9:30. So tired.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:26:02 )
Ok, yeah, that makes sense. Are you working tomorrow too? Opening?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:26:41 )

I'm working tomorrow, but thankfully I am not opening. That would just kill me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:28:14 )
@Wildfire: I hope your christmas was nice. and Merry Christmas to you too.
Everything went along nicely for Christmas, all the planning my sister and I had done went along smoothly. Everyone had a place to sleep comfortably, plenty of food and lights, garland, tree, etc were cozy. I even got our pellet fireplace going most of the time, which made the whole house feel maybe a little too toasty.
My favorite chair/recliner broke from teenager shenanigans, so that was upsetting. But, it was mostly an accident, I couldn't get mad about it.

omg, I'm so cold. We finally got some snow and all 3 of my huskies scattered when I let them out this morning. so I just spent an hour parading my neighborhood looking for them all. =_='

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:28:36 )
Yes, I would imagine that would be asking a little too much of a person. It certainly would be too much for me to handle these days! :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:31:56 )
@Koah: Oh, I'm glad you had such a cozy Christmas! <3 It sounds lovely! :3

Accident or not, it's still upsetting when a favorite piece of furniture or favorite something breaks. I'm sorry to hear about your chair. Please accept my condolences XD <3 (maybe this is an opportunity to upgrade it?)

*envisions dogs just scattering the second you open the door* Frisky fuzzy puppies enjoying the snow, huh? I'm glad you found them all :3 Maybe they wanted a romp, followed by a car ride?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:46:16 )
@Wildfire: lol, my chair is/was a 1970s designer chair. OTL there's no upgrading that uniqueness. My husband hates the chair because it's heavy as heck and weird shaped. lol! He's part of the reason it broke. So I keep saying "You broke my chair on purpose." and he goes "AAHG. no! I didn't mean to this time. Why would I break it when I know I have to be the one to carry it out?!"

I can't drive my car in this weather, the tires need to be changed out. So I walked around the block a couple times. I was totally baffled because I followed 2 out of 3 husky tracks and found those 2, but my puppy left the yard where I couldn't find her tracks at all. I found her only because I came inside to call my husband and she came back into our driveway. CX

Did your Christmas go well?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 17:52:21 )
@Koah: Oh yeah... trying to replace a 70s chair would be tough... they were... uhhh... interesting, to say the least! XD Is there any way to repair it?

I'm glad you found all the dogs! <3

My Christmas was quiet. I was really tired for some reason, but it went well. It was just me, hubby, and the three boys (my two, and my stepson). It was mellow but good. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 18:20:47 )
@Wildfire: My husband is thinking about trying to fix it. But that'll be a project by itself. lol! It's weird shaped and heavy.
Oh well.. I'll have to come up with a replacement. He really hates that chair. cx

I have to figure out a way to take them out without them running off. I suppose I'm going to dig out the leashes and I'll need to leash them until the snow dies down.

It's nice you had all 3 boys home. :)

I got ahold of both my brothers on Christmas, was able to talk to them and their families for a bit on Xmas Day. Bummed they weren't here, but glad to hear their voices.

I'm going to sign off and go play stardew valley and eventually tackle putting away the christmas decor.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 18:29:41 )

@Wildfire: Yes it's somehow much more than I remember lol
Today is a study day, and I might also tackle the office room. I feel like there is too much stuff in here

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 18:39:28 )
@Koah: lol. I hope hubby can fix it for you. You definitely sound attached to that chair!
Awwww... I'm glad you got to talk to your brothers. That's good. :3 Maybe next year the entire family can get together?

@Totalanimefan: lol - that happens. Especially with dresses or dress clothes, I think. Unless you have reason to dress up regularly, it's stuff that tends to get forgotten about until the next event... and then, whatever you have never seems to be appropriate, or if it is, doesn't fit! XD

You are both being productive today!
I'm currently just trying to take care of a few things online today now that I'm feeling a little better and can actually concentrate. I think one of my dogs is going through cuddle withdrawals though, after the last couple days mostly on the couch... he usually stays near me, but he's practically on top of me at the desk today (he is literally curled up around my chair) <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.