Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:57:07 )
LOL AMA! For your sake, I hope you have a boring day too! XD

@Koah: so is that a "I need sugar to get through"? ... a "I deserve a treat"? ... or something else??
I really hope you get a chance to relax before family arrives - you've been so busy trying to get things ready and I can imagine the chaos that the arrival of your family is going to bring to your household! XD

I did two errands. One was more successful than the other and OMG, I bought stainless water bottles for the boys for Christmas two days ago... had to bring one back because it was missing the straw... went to exchange it... they went up $2 each in the 2 days since I originally bought them! I double checked the receipt to be sure because that seemed quite the leap in such a short period of time...

...now to go get some groceries for the next couple of days and try to figure out what I'm cooking for Christmas. I have given this zero thought so far...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:25:24 )
@Wildfire: I'm mainly craving whip cream. lol! and it's a good way to start the day. I've always enjoyed sugar. C:
I believe you on the 2$ price jump. =;=' I went grocery shopping last night and there was a lot of food price jumps. :c My normal purchases went a little bit up in price.
I hunted down an expensive spice too. :d Cardamom. It's not common around here, so it was a top-shelf purchase.

I'm starting to get nervous about food accommodations. I don't have enough for grown humans, little humans, and 2 teens. :T I know my sister is going to help out on snacks, but meals.. are supposed to be my thing.
Turkey on xmas day, my sister's snack trays on xmas eve, and 6 days of no meal planning from me. XD and apparently my teen niece is trying to do some vegan diet which is not something I'm able to accommodate well at my house. :O

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 19:06:37 )
@Koah: lol <3
Yeah, my groceries for about 3 days of food (& a couple small/cheap things for Xmas like crackers and stuffing that was on sale) cost me almost as much as a week's worth a few months ago! It is discouraging...

Get your niece to help you with the vegan thing. It takes a little getting used to (mostly in finding the hidden non-vegan ingredients that are in even the most basic of foods), but basic veggies (no butter, etc., of course) should be good for her as a general rule - things like kale chips, and spaghetti squash (with kale?!!), fresh fruits, salads with home-made dressing or oil & vinegar... but accommodating one vegan on a holiday get-together when everyone else is more omnivorous in their eating is going to be tough. And, I wouldn't be surprised if she cheats on the diet this week, btw ;)

Are you going to try to meal plan, or wing it?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 19:50:30 )
@Wildfire: I got a feeling she's going to cheat her diet too. lol.
Lots of things in motion over here, my sister postponed coming for a couple of days, she needs to see a friend along the way. My husband borrowed my debit card and I was halfway to the store [thankfully not at the store] when I realized I didn't have it. =_=
And over the phone with my sis, we discussed lunch/dinner- lol, she also thinks her daughter is going to cheat a little bit.
I got mega cranky over the card situation though, I needed to send something off in the mail today and now I can't. :[
--herrrumph-
I suppose I'm going to go back to cleaning my room and tidying up the house.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 19:53:33 )
@Koah: Oh, that's unfortunate with the card... but it could have been worse, as you pointed out :3
So you have another day or two to chill out and enjoy the benefits of your efforts without the extra chaos of additional people running around (and trying to feed them all!)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 22:40:44 )
@Wildfire: yeah I suppose so, I just have a residual crankiness I'm trying to shake off.
I did get to do my errand to the post office, so that gave me some relief. :d
I haven't wrapped my kids' gifts, so that's haunting me pretty bad. I need to do that at night when they're in bed or playing the nintendo Switch..
There are still a few cluttered spaces I really need to do today and over the weekend. :O

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 23:23:59 )
@Koah: Yeah, I completely get it! It's hard to go "whoops! Can't do that right now" when you're mentally (& physically) prepared to do a thing, and can't. And it's tough to have certain simple things just hanging there, over your head, undone... so I'm glad that you got it done, even if the timing wasn't ideal. :3

LOL. I remember those days of trying to find time (usually late at night on the floor in the bedroom with the door locked) to wrap gifts for the kids. In some ways, it's a relief to not have to worry about it now, but at the same time, it's kind of sad that those days of them being little and super excited about Christmas are gone. /nostalgic/ I'm sure you'll get everything done in time. :3 <3

... and you do realize that a house is a home, and that it's lived in, right? A corner of miscellaneous stuff isn't going to break the holiday (personal philosophy), but I also completely get this too - I would want every nook and cranny cleaned and sparkling with Christmas glitter if I were hosting the family for several days around Christmas! ... but there's reality too... and a perfectly clean house is not worth personal sanity, imo. :3 <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 14:05:57 )
Good morning.
Happy Friday.
Christmas Eve is one week away.
I need coffee XD

What is everyone up to today?

I have a couple crafty things to do, an email to a friend I haven't heard from in a while that needs a reply, some meal planning to do for next weekend, I should run to pick up a couple things for the garden, and I should probably clean up the house some more... and stretch. I need to stretch :3 That sounds like a lot to my pre-caffeinated self, so coffee first!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 16:21:59 )
@Wildfire: I'm in a better mental headspace. And my sister's plans are back on to this weekend. lol! I took yesterday off because I was too aggravated to accomplish anything and the interruptions were non-stop. CX It was one of those days.

Give it a couple more years, your boys will be craving that childhood Christmas wonder and want to celebrate and be around family during the holidays. <33
from 17-23, I really didn't care about xmas.
My house hasn't come close to the "nobody lives here" setup. lol! 2 kids, 3 huskies, and 3 grown people living downstairs alone.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 16:32:58 )
@Koah: I'm so glad you're in a better mental headspace today! I wish I could say the same but it's looking like I'm going to have to revisit that battle about dishes constantly being in the sink /eyeroll/

My boys are still good with Christmas, but it's not the same as when they were little. Of course, being woken up at 5am on Christmas morning is something I don't really miss...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 20:35:58 )

Just popping in quickly to say Happy Friday! I hope that everyone is doing well. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 21:32:13 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey Total! Happy Friday to you too! Do you have plans for the weekend?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 22:24:37 )
@Wildfire: I woke up with a similar problem, our roommate dumped dishes in the sink in the night instead of rinsing and putting them in the dishwasher. Man, he's in his 30s. :C
Getting schoolwork done with my son before winter break was a pain today, but we're freeee! I'm really excited to take a break from the homeschooling and dropping off and picking up with my other kiddo.
My husband got me to play video games with him this morning instead of stressing about chores n' stuff. But now he's napping to avoid chores and I'm in 'get stuff done' mode. XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 22:56:19 )
@Koah: ... lol... my husband is older and still doesn't seem to understand the concept of opening the dishwasher to put the dishes there instead of in the sink!!! I don't get it. Seriously. A sink full of dishes like that is similar to being in a hostage situation - can't do anything until the price is paid... and somebody else is making the demands!! XD

I'm so glad you're done with the schoolwork for now. Hopefully everyone will get a good break and be ready to start fresh in January (omg I can't believe January and a new year is just around the corner!!)... and I'm glad hubby got you to play a bit today. It sounds like you've had a pretty good day, all in all! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 02:28:14 )

@Wildfire: I have a cold so probably just staying in if I don’t feel well. If I start feeling better then I would like to do Pokémon Go Community Day. What about you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 11:24:18 )
@Totalanimefan: This weekend? I should figure out what the heck I'm cooking for Christmas dinner, take care of a couple last minute little things for the holiday, and I have some gardening tasks to take care of. That's pretty much going to be my weekend... to the best of my knowledge, anyway.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well - I hope you start feeling better soon :3

Good morning
It's 5am, my time... and I'm just awake. :( I see a possible nap in my future...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 19:41:29 )

@Wildfire: I should really plan my Christmas dinner too. Although it's just going to be me and my husband.
I hope to start feeling better soon too! I was able to have the energy to go for a walk today. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/19 14:40:13 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm glad you're starting to feel better :3
Oh, a small Christmas dinner with just the two of you sounds really nice, actually - you could make it quite romantic and quaint, or run with a theme pretty easily. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will go over well.

I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to cook yet, and I was dreaming about side dishes last night - it was weird :3

Good morning.
I am feeling better today and am hoping to get some stuff done, unlike yesterday where I binge-watched the entire first season of Food Wars for some reason... XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/19 15:34:17 )

Need coffee...Too lazy to get up and make some.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/19 17:55:02 )
@Another Movie Addict: your avi looks amazing. :D

--
I'll be offline for a few days, most likely. Family shows up tonight and I got a feeling they'll keep me on my toes until after Christmas.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.