Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:23:25 )
@Totalanimefan: good morning. That sounds like the opposite weather of what we're expecting. The last time hubby checked, it was supposed to rain here tomorrow, and it is looking a little overcast out there now, tbh :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:24:08 )
Good morning.

I had some flourless chocolate torte for breakfast, but not a lot. Gonna have leftover chicken tenders and biscuits for lunch later lol.

It's overcast but still bright out, so no telling if we'll get rain or not.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:30:42 )
@Aisukohi: Oh that sounds like a fun breakfast! I have a sweet potato in the instant pot right now. That, plus whatever else I find will be my breakfast.
Yes, it's overcast but still bright here too. There's no telling what will happen as the day goes on, though - it looks like it might coalesce in to an actual storm, or maybe just dissipate like usual... I guess we'll find out XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:34:11 )
@Wildfire: lol the torte was from Publix. I've slooowly been chipping away at it since it's so rich. Ooh, do you have marshmallows and brown sugar? Or maybe butter? Those are good toppings for sweet potatoes, I hear.

I have a feeling the clouds will go away on their own. I think we're having a cookout at my parents' this afternoon, but if not, there's always tomorrow.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:39:06 )
@Aisukohi: I do have some brown sugar, but no marshmallows. I have been told that these things can be good toppings for sweet potato too... but that would be far too much sugar for my taste buds. I'll probably drizzle some avocado oil on the sweet potato, and pair it with some arugula or spinach, and the leftover lox :3 The sweet potato I'm cooking is purple... like dark purple throughout... and it came from my garden :3

We are supposed to be grilling at the house tomorrow. I'm not sure how that's going to work out if it's raining - the covered part of our lanai is only so big!! Ooooh! The sun just came out in that "I'm peeking through the clouds", shadowy kind of way!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 15:56:26 )
@Wildfire: Ooh, neat! Is it ube, or just regular purple sweet potato? And I looove lox for breakfast, or any time really lol.

Do you know what you're grilling if the weather cooperates? We're grilling steaks, but my sister wants pho I think, so we'll pick some up for her on the way.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:10:15 )
@Aisukohi: I am actually not sure which variation it is - it was a while ago since I buried the scraps in the garden and let the things grow wild XD They are really dense and not overly sweet, and they are a solid, deep purple throughout (no white at all)...

We have a couple things of ribs, some beer brats, chicken thighs, and burgers for the grill tomorrow, along with corn on the cob, sweet bell peppers (red, orange, yellow), portobello mushroom caps, maybe some eggplant. I'll make a Caribbean coleslaw, and we'll have watermelon and a few snacks available too.

What's on your grilling menu??

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:23:44 )
@Wildfire: Oh okay. xD

That all sounds delicious! My mom tends to make fried potatoes, rolls, and corn on the cob when we grill. Sometimes green beans too, though not a lot of people in my family eat their vegetables, unfortunately. No idea what we're doing for dessert, if anything. I'm currently watching random recipes for desserts on YouTube. xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:29:02 )
@Aisukohi: random dessert recipes could be dangerous! XD Are you finding anything particularly interesting?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:37:58 )
@Wildfire: They can be! xD

And I've always wanted to make espresso shortbread and olive oil cake. Now I'm onto savory recipes. xD I love watching people cook, even if I wouldn't eat what they're making.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:43:18 )
@Aisukohi: I know what you mean. I'm constantly surprised at the little things I can pick up just by watching other people cook! So you watch the youtube videos... have you watched any or all of the cooking shows on Netflix, etc.? Which is your favorite? Least favorite?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:45:46 )

@Wildfire: well best of luck! hope everything resolves itself as quickly as possible

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:53:13 )
@Vixen: Thank you. I hope nothing else comes of this situation, but we need to get the paperwork in so that we are protected...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:01:25 )

Howdy howdy lovelies, I am currently enjoying listening to a friend trying to read Chinese names.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:13:27 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh, Mandarin can be difficult with all those subtle intonations!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:16:08 )

Oh yeah. It's better because there is also Hindi in there. He's reading out loud parts of Journey to the West for a reading event he's doing all June. Right now he's on some of the introduction bits. Which gives history and context for the story.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:32:10 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh man. That sound brutal on the tongue!
Are you his test audience, then?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:35:19 )

Lol I'm the one who requested this for him to read. He's borrowing my copy of Journey to the West vol. 1. And I'm the only one to show up for the event stuff right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:40:25 )
@Another Movie Addict: Why are you the only one to show up?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:42:14 )

Iunno. He said people had other things they wanted to do.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.