Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:08:47 )
@Purpsy: oh my gosh, I hope you get a nap in before the fireworks show. =O
I haven't heard of Victoria Day. o3o I think I need to do some googling. // oh, odd holiday.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:11:17 )
@Koah: LOL. Awww... you're feeling a little overwhelmed today, are you? I'm sorry :( How is your day going... really?

@Purpsy: I'm glad you're holding up ok so far. Yes, a nap before fireworks would be a good thing if you can manage it. Why are you procrastinating? What are you procrastinating?

I laid in bed dozing a little longer than I probably should have today too, but I was stretching out my back, which was pretty sore when I woke up... and I'm kinda kicking ass doing this pixel work that needed to get done, so that's good. :3

Also, Italian language music seems to have made it to my regular play list these days... XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:11:57 )

@Koah: Sadly there's no official fireworks on my nearby park for it, they only do those on Canada Day but maybe I'll walk around the neighbourhood later and see if there's anyone hosting one. Is not really a celebrated holiday here compare to other holidays I think.

Yep most likely will have a nap later after I do another load of laundry.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:15:03 )

@Wildfire: Hmm I finally got the time to draw more today yet I'm just in no mood for it, but I did draw a little yesterday.
And the rest I plan as I go type of thing. But yep, my family don't really celebrate Victoria Day, but we maybe bake some brownies later just the heck of it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:19:24 )
@Wildfire: I'm okay, we had a totally lazy weekend. So I woke up realizing I need to be responsible and get things done now. lol. At some point, I need to clean and re-fill the hot tub. We emptied that on Friday and didn't come back to it.
Only 3 weeks of school for the kids left. -fist pump-
Good job on pixeling like a crazy person. c: I've been poking around the site for a bit and getting to know it.
Italian music? =o huh.

@Purpsy: Victoria Day is such an odd holiday for me to comprehend. XD lol. I'm sure you'll have a few happy neighbors blowing off fireworks. I know I am that type of person, any legal reason I can make something go Bang, I will.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:32:17 )
@Purpsy: So what is Victoria Day, anyway? I feel like I should know what it is, but I'm either so entirely mentally elsewhere right now or I'm just forgetting (and I'm too lazy or busy doing other things to look it up ATM XD ) Brownies are good :3

@Koah: LOL - yes, I saw that you created an account, actually :3 <3 Despite my efforts, the site is a bit of a mess, still. PM me if you need or want anything. Yeah, so far, so good with the pixelling. I hope folks like what I'm working on - lol.

Oh! Hot tub! We were going to order one but there's a six month wait right now from when you order it to when you get it. So we ordered a sauna instead... it has been nice to have that at least, but it's not a hot tub.

Yeah, Italian music. Although the current song is in English... o_0 It has been fun listening to it and realizing that I'm actually understanding a good part of what they're singing!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:45:52 )
@Wildfire: I'm bummed I didn't explore the site years ago. It's got a great concept. I haven't even poked through the forums though. Been focusing on tasks stuff.
6-month wait?! whoah! Saunas are nice. Every time I go in one, it reminds me how little water I actually drink. XD lol How new is the sauna?
I feel ya there in the foreign music genre. I listen to Norwegian bands and every once in a while I'll actually understand the lyrics [when they're singing slower]. Speaking of which, listening to music rn sounds like a good idea.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 16:56:21 )
@Koah: Yeah because of this stupid pandemic and the shutdowns (omg, I'm so tired of dealing with it!!). The sauna was delivered on Friday. It's just a 1-2 person sauna, but that's all I/we need ;) Things can be a little screwy there... :/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 17:11:31 )
@Wildfire: Well! congrats on the new Sauna, that sounds so nice. c: I've been dragging getting things done [paperwork] due to the pandemic because government buildings have been closed/backed up for months.
We bought our house during the pandemic and no one was available before move-in to get repairs done. So that stuff fell on our shoulders. -shakes fist at pandemic- =3= Oh well. I'm not going to dwell on what I haven't got done, or I'm just going to shut down a little and I don't have time for that. XDD
The site seems to be working fine for me [so far]. A different site I used to be a regular on, that one is super screwy. OTL omg, the owner abandoned it, so it's just going through a slow, painful death for the users that are stubbornly staying.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 17:20:24 )
@Koah: Yeah, don't dwell on what you couldn't control - that's the quick way to drive yourself insane... and nobody needs that! XD That really stinks, though, that you couldn't even get basic repairs done. I guess you could at least get the inspections taken care of?

I've heard of a couple sites doing the slow death courtesy of owner abandonment. That's just sooo sad (and not very ethical on the part of the owners, imo).

.................. and apparently I'm now done pixelling for the day! XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 17:47:50 )
@Wildfire: The worst part about my old favorite site is that the owner said they'd make a strong comeback later. I knew better, so I suppose I jumped ship knowing it was doomed.
I took a hiatus, found a new site, poked around for a while, then was told to join Voltra. So here I am. XD
The things I need to do- as far as paperwork- require money, which is short atm. lol. I am going on a road trip in about 2 weeks [as long as the truck gets fixed on time]. One of my friends had a baby and now I can't wait to visit her.

UHg, my daughter has an ear infection. oTL

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 18:19:44 )

@Wildfire: Uhhh to be honest... I don't know much about it too x'D
I feel like I should know about this holiday too...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 18:19:53 )
@Koah: Yeah, I get it. You'll notice I'm here too :3
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's ear infection - those are no fun! :(
Yay for new babies (as long as their not mine - lol!) <3 I hope your truck gets fixed in time to visit when you're planning to! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 18:22:50 )

@Koah: Yeah it is... honestly is just a holiday known to set up fireworks at this point here...
Though I learned earlier that all official firework display is cancelled this year due to covid sadge :/

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 18:59:28 )
@Purpsy: So you don't even get fireworks this year? Ooooh maaaaan... :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 19:32:40 )
@Wildfire: Same here, Yay for new babies as long as they aren't mine. lol! I'm pleased with the 2 children I have.
I don't quite know what to do with this ear infection. I had so many as a kid, and I haven't had one in a decade-ish.
I suppose I'll go the tylenol and warm towel route today.
@Purpsy: That sucks. :c I love fireworks. </3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 20:46:41 )
@Koah: lol - two kids is a good number :3 I'm pretty pleased with mine too, and although it was fun and certainly interesting while they were younger, it's also nice having them transition in to their own lives now and being able to return to mine again... before kids... whatever that means these days! XD I hope your approach to the ear infection helps. I haven't had to deal with them in a long, long, long time, and even then, not very often!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:03:34 )

^w^ so we had this little old lady come in today. First thing she says is that her husband wasn't there to stop her. And then asked where the cookbooks were. Some of what she wanted was on a floor shelf. So I got her a chair to sit in while she browsed. She had a bad back. When she was finished I got her a box for her books. Her husband wasn't there to help her yet. So I put the box in a buggy for her. Moved our chair over by the windows so she could see him. Boss comes out of back heading to his lunch. She stops him to praise me. I was called 'one of our best' by him. Though he doesn't know me enough yet to say that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:36:57 )
@Another Movie Addict: Well, it sounds like you had a nice day and a lovely encounter with the little old lady interested in cookbooks! :3 I'm glad, AMA

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:38:20 )

It made getting up at 5am much less awful.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.