Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 21:32:41 )
@MoodyB: Oh that's not good at all, Moody. I'm so sorry your grandparents seem to have issues respecting your boundaries. It sounds like a tough situation, tbh. :(

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 22:19:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: its stressing me out to no end.and also having anxiety.
like my relatives have 0 boundaries.

so thats most of my stress for this week lol.
i tried deleting my aunt off my ig too but then she just found it again. so idk what to do.

i dont want her on it since she talks down to me a lot and doesnt really see digital art as more than a hobby.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 01:04:57 )
I disappeared for dinner and dog walks. Sorry about that!

@MoodyB: Awww. That does not sound like a good situation to have to deal with. Can you block her from IG? "Oops ... I don't know what happened!" Or try being more firm about your boundaries, somehow? "I don't appreciate it when you talk to me like that. *walk away*"? Or find some kind of coping mechanism to help you deal with the stress if it's inevitable? Breathing/meditation exercises, fidget toys, breathing straws, something??

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 01:40:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: my sister and i think i should remove her again and then just go private for a while.

main reason i dont want her on my ig other than down playing digital artists is i dont want her showing my work to other family members at the get together. sounds weird but most of my family as you know now are kind of..jerky lol

i should invest on fidget toys or slime.
people say it helps with adhd often.
right now its just playing genshin XD
or teaching myself to paint digitally

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 01:47:35 )
@MoodyB: Actually, I understand that 100%. And although you may be related, that's not an excuse to be jerky or for you to continue to put yourself in direct confrontations with them. Honestly, there are a number of people in my family who I haven't spoken to in years because they are completely toxic. You will have to find your own balance and way of setting boundaries with certain people, but it is possible to varying levels.

Yes, you might want to find some kind of fidget toy or worry stone or something that you can stick in a pocket and use discretely, IMO. Even I have found benefit to doing this recently...

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 02:33:10 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah. there is so much toxic stuff my family has done.
especially directly toward my family. and my dad 100% agrees and gave me full permission to even block them LOL.

One thing my aunt does not get is BOUNDARIES.
I was setting them just by removing them but she never...reads the room so to speak...
she even used my IRL on my IG which only 2 people know. and that just...kinda seemed really uncomfortable.
since my IG nowhere my name is on for a reason. She doesn't seem to care to know what is a no-no on my IG page.

so yeah im setting boundaries. plus not like they actually visit us[before pandemic]. she'll come down to our town twice a year if she feels like it. so im just kind of...over associating with a lot of them.

Yeah i think that would help when i am unable to draw or paint due to overcome by anxiety.
I was going to buy some play-doh. which sounds silly. but it may help keep my hands busy as well as my mind.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 02:49:29 )

Hey @Wildfire: How are you doing? ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 13:30:23 )
@MoodyB: Wow - if even your dad is on the same page of blocking them and setting those hard boundaries... that says a lot! I'm sorry your family is so horrible to you! Block them! Block them allllllll!!! <3

I love play doh! It's awesome!

@Totalanimefan: Hey Total. How are you?

@Ava: Ouch. That's no fun at all! I don't blame you for quitting - it sounds stressful and like it's a lot of work... not a part time job! :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 13:37:11 )
So good morning.

I woke up to a series of texts from my youngest son letting me know he got sideswiped twice on the way to work. He's fine. Apparently his vehicle is ok too, other than "a scratch" (whatever that means) but jeeeeeze!! So, I'm groggy and a little worried and I'm not even sure what else right now, but grateful he's ok.

I'm currently trying to get caffeinated so I can deal with the rest of the day which involves some errands and some shopping before trying to deal with some of the inside overflow of miscellaneous things from our various projects the last week or so, and hopefully, getting some online work done. I'm tired already and I've only been up for an hour. LOL!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 14:06:55 )

@Wildfire: oh no. I’m glad it wasn’t more serious but maybe he she make sure he feels ok tomorrow. If you guys are going to go through insurance then he should also see a dr if it really was just something small then it’s probably ok.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 14:12:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... we've been through this rodeo once or twice with my boys in the last couple of months, unfortunately. This one drives a truck, so he probably is fine, but it's hard to tell with him (his personality / age/ stage), and, as you suggest, immediately after an accident of any caliber. This time, this kid opted not to involve the police, or get a police report. I hope it doesn't come back and bite him (us!!)

How are you doing?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 15:54:40 )

@Wildfire: Well then I guess there is not much else you can do. I hope 10 years from now he doesn't have random neck pain or something like that.
I'm good. I had a guy come out for us to get new windows. They are backed up, so we aren't getting them until Oct. T_T But at least we are getting them before winter.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 18:04:22 )

@Wildfire: -pokes the wild-
heyo
how are you? :o

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 18:32:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. There's a point where it is what it is and I, the parent, can't control him, nor should I really try to. He will learn, one way or the other.

@Vixen: -is poked- Arrrruuuughhh? XD
I'm ok - tired now after dealing with errands and shopping and people and driving. There are a lot of people running around out there! It's good to see, but it feels a bit chaotic! :3
How are you?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 18:58:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: my dad was so so so sweet to me last night.
he knows art is like my life. so when my sister asked "what do you call moody's tablet"

he said tool [my aunt refered to it as toy...].
and said if she persists to bother me i tell him.

so it was really nice of him to say.

its okay.
now their blocked and i feel i can post more freely.

it really is! i wanted to buy a bunch of smoll ones lol.
i might also invest in gouache and a sketchbook so my sister can paint with me

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 19:32:09 )

@Wildfire: i dropped a metal spoon on my foot earlier today and i'm hoping it doesn't bruise
it was a chonky metal spoon lmao

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 19:44:23 )
@Ava: I'm sorry you're going through that. But I'm proud of you for standing your ground and letting the job go. That's rough! <3
That was for that up-n-coming streaming company?
I'm okay. I got some stuff I ordered in the mail today so that always feels nice. c:

@Wildfire: My day yesterday was awful. It just kept going. It's one of those days that pushes mommy buttons until I'm a short fuse.
Anywho, Today is much better. I got boxes in the mail. One unexpected one from my mom. She sent me more inappropriate joke stuff which I can sit back and laugh about. XD
is your day getting better?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 19:54:44 )

Howdy howdy

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 19:57:18 )
@Ava: My son is very mature for 18 - frustratingly so sometimes. I'm glad he called and let us know what was going on, even if he didn't do things the way we would have preferred for his own safety.

@MoodyB: Aww. I'm really glad you're getting support from dad! And I'm sorry that people don't seem to understand that you're tablet really is not a toy- it's a tool, and an important one for you! (That said, I often call new art tools "toys" but only because they are fun to play with or use and new supplies are always fun, but I understand the true significance of these things!). Aww! I like the idea of you painting with your sister! <3

@Vixen: ouch?! That must have been quite there chonky spoon!! I hope you don't bruise!

@Koah: Oh getting things delivered is fun! I'm glad you're having a better day today! <3

My day is going better, but I'm glad to be home instead of still running around. It was kinda of crazy out there! Now I'm sitting in the sun with my dog and trying to chill... But it's really hot out here!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 19:58:52 )
*ignore stupid typos. My phone has a mind of its own.

Hi AMA. How are you?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.