Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 21:53:18 )

@Reanna: Thanks~ Not gonna lie Japanese is hard if you know English. It's super different and there are a lot of things that you need a ask a teacher about or you won't sound right.
Oh me too. I'm a huge fan of all of those things they are just the best~ And honestly, we need more places like that in the US. So many people go on this wonderful European trip where they walk from the hotel (or BnB) to the local cafe and then hang out there, then take a bike to the park or a restaurant they want to try and pick up something from the market on the way home.
Then they come back to the US and drive everywhere. You know we could have that here too right? XD

Come and see DC when it's safe to. Maybe you will fall in love with it too. I would come whenever your favorite season is. They all have their beauty.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 21:57:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Shoot, say less! I'm going to have to book a trip when I move back to the U.S.
I'm headed to bed so I'll see you when I see you!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 22:15:29 )

@Reanna: hey! I've never been to London lol. Everyone always talks about London, is it nice?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 22:48:47 )

@Reanna: Ok see you tomorrow. It was really nice to see you again today! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 22:49:29 )

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:04:56 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: lol every time by the time i come back to reply i'm always so many pages behind!!
how was the pokemon go event, was it outdoors?

are you all done w moving and unpacking? :-)
i'm curious if you ever decided on what you wanted to do w ur outdoor space!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:09:15 )

@xvz: You could do most of it indoors. I just walked around my neighborhood for an hour. It wasn't busy outside because it was cold and windy. The rest I did indoors.
I haven't focused on unpacking in like a week. I have been cleaning though and things like that. I have a job interview tonight. I hope it goes well. I don't know what to do with the outdoor space. I think a dining table and chairs but I haven't decided on which ones to buy yet. I would think it won't be nice enough until the end of March.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:15:43 )

@totalanimefan: good luck at your interview!! you'll do great <3
can i ask what it would be for?

is there snow where you are? it was supposed to be warmer today and yesterday but the snow on the ground is still there
i guess you're not in a rush since it won't be nice for sitting outside for a while longer haha
it'll be really nice to have a backyard once it gets warm though :0

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:19:53 )

@sunny: hi sunny! how have you been?? are you still moving? :0

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:20:36 )

@xvz: Thanks! it's just for a Admin Assistant role at a non-profit.
No snow on the ground here finally. It's been in the 50's and 60's!

I can't wait until it's Springtime. It will be nice to not be freezing all the time. What do you want to do once it's Spring?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:23:38 )

@xvz: hey, I've been doing great thanks! How are you? Yeah we will be moving in mid March sometime, no actual date yet because the house is A MESS and the landlord wants to clean it up.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:27:45 )

@totalanimefan: best of luck!! i'm sure you could do well at that job, i hope you get it if it's something you want :-)

are there outdoor parks near you? or do you usually just walk around like sidewalks and such? i guess it helps to stay moving when it's cold though lol

i'm definitely looking forward to the days getting longer haha. otherwise i'm not too sure though... i guess it would be similar to last year huh
i guess it could be nice to hang out with friends outdoors though ... maybe the occasional outdoor dining if it's safe to and cases are still low? T_T
how about you?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:31:08 )

@sunny: oh i'm glad to hear that! and wow that'll be soon - have you been in the same home for most of your life? how are you feeling about the move?
it's nice that they'll clean it up, hopefully you won't have to do too much work. what do you think of the house?

i think i'm doing mostly ok! i've been getting a little busy or bummed out here or there but otherwise i've been reading a lot of nonfiction lately (i usually read fiction so it's a little different than my usual)
i'm trying to do some new stuff at work which feels a little scary / feels like idk what i'm doing lol but i'm hoping it'll be a good growing pain kind of thing and that the scary part means i'm learning which is supposed to be good i think!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:31:58 )

@xvz: It's an in-between job, but I'll probably be happy with it. They are based out of the west coast, so no early mornings which is nice.
There are some parks near the water which isn't that far from me, a little less than a mile, but I'm sure they are cold and windy atm since it's on the river.
I just walked around some blocks near me on the sidewalk. I had all of the layers on. It was like 34 and windy that day.

I'm so ready for longer days too! At least it's not getting dark until 6pm, which is way better than 5pm. That's not even fair when the days are that short. I guess no one knows what this Spring will hold. In March and April it will probably be the same old, but by May it could feel a little more normal depending on how your state is doing with the rollout.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:49:44 )

@totalanimefan: oh that's funny they are based on the west coast since you just moved from there. when is your interview? i hope i'm not distracting you :-)

that's so nice that you can walk to the water from where you are! i will live vicariously through you when the weather gets nicer haha. i am a sucker for staring at water. have you been to the parks much or has it just been too cold?

i bought a down vest last year for the first time and it actually keeps me so warm when i go outside! i thought it would be super cold when i got back to ny but i wore the vest every time i left the house and was confused at how it didn't feel cold to me :0

yess plus it'll be daylight savings in 2-3 weeks!! which means the sun will set an hour even later :-) i am looking forward to that

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:55:40 )
@Totalanimefan: thanks, and I think I was only gone for like a month. I got the last event set just fine, except I'm not entirely sure if I got all the free scarves because I can't seem to find a post that has all of them listed.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:58:30 )

@xvz: It is funny, isn't it. It's at 9pm our time. It's ok. I don't have to really do much for it. They just want to know that you can send an email, use work calendar and use zoom and all that. Super easy.
I love living near the water. I grew up in a coastal town and I didn't know that I would miss it so much. I haven't been much this winter but I have been to the parks in the summer and fall. They are pretty nice lol. It's not Florida beaches nice, but it's a close 2nd. haha

I bought a down vest for the first time too. I hated paying the cost, but actually it's really good at keeping warm and I love it. I'm looking forward to using it year after year. Where were you when you weren't in NY?

Yes! I think it's on the 14th of March? Normally it's the weekend before (I know because the week before is my anniversary!)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:59:23 )

@Aisukohi: I'll send you one of each. Even if you already have one of them it's fine. I have a lot of extras. ^^
I really like your avatar. You are killing it with the small details.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 01:04:02 )
@Totalanimefan: awww, that's so sweet of you, and thank you! <3

Yes, I was happy I could use these earth tones since it's usually not my style! My last avi was a bit meh since it was the result of avi block, but was feeling creative with this one!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 01:10:55 )

@totalanimefan: oh that's a bit late in the day for an interview but i guess it would only be 6pm their time. do you feel eager to be working again?

i guess technically ny is near water haha ... one of my friends moved to greenpoint recently and is now less than a mile from the river! i'm not though lol. my dream home would have a view of water though i think
how far are beaches from dc? i could go to the beach if i tried but it's a bit of a day trip and can be hard to get to without a car (multiple buses/subway transfers ... so not really ideal for covid rn)

i got mine secondhand online and it's like new! but usually they can def be a splurge. i think it'll for sure be worth it though. it's a generally good idea to invest in winter wear imo, it really makes a world of difference!
i won't say specifically where but i was in the southern hemisphere which meant it was summer!

ohh happy early anniversary!! will you be making plans for it?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.