Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:17:55 )
//edit//
WAIT. Why are you giving me this stuff !!

@Totalanimefan: I've only learned like two words of German LOL, whoops. I work with all Americans and my German landlords and most people in Germany speak English. I'm very privileged because I'm not great at learning new languages at all. I have a friend who lived/worked in DC and she and her husband LOVED it-- they can't wait to go back in a few years. I'll have to make my way over there at some point too. What do you love about it?
COVID is literally the worst-- I'm so sorry you've had to stay home. It's fun and fine for a few weeks, and then it makes you crazy and depressed. My work has always been working in-person except for a few days/weeks here and there, so I still have social interaction and the change of scenery at work. I can't imagine what it would be like to spend a year tele-working. Your wedding anniversary is coming up again! Any big plans? (Haha yeah right!)
Christmas markets are one of the my favorite things about Europe, but I still have another year left so there is hope for next year! If not, you are right, I'd rather experience summer over winter. Like everywhere else, it gets cold, dark, and boring at like 5pm in the winter.
I might have to buy some orbs today! At first I thought the common orb was 3,000 Ohms and I was SHOCKED, but now I see they are volts lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:19:13 )

@Reanna: Yeah I am take it. I'll reply to the rest of your reply in my next post.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:20:30 )

@totalanimefan: omg girl what! I can't accept. I doubt I'm going to stick around for too long unfortunately, they will probably just rot in my inventory like everything else. I should sell/give everything away but I'm a hoarder and can't help it.

I'm going to the gym, I'll be back in a few!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:24:39 )

@Reanna: lol I'm not good at learning languages either. I took Japanese in college because I loved it and I swear I had to work way harder at it then the other kids.
That's cool. Come and see the city. I love the public transportation (called the Metro here), I love that the city is walkable, the architecture is stunning, the food is great and the museums are free! Seriously, there is so much to do here. You can also hang out by the water (DC is on two rivers) which is nice to me. And just about 15 mins away is a place called Old Town Alexandria (In VA) and it is a charming historic city with a walkable Main Street on the water. Which also has nice parks and good food/shopping but in a small historic town kind of way.

When I lived in the UK we had German Christmas markets and it was amazing! Apparently DC has two winter/Christmas markets but I did go this year because of Corona. :( Next year though, for sure. Cause they are really great!

lol yes, the common orbs are with volts, that's how they got common in their name. Take the items. They are just extra event items that I had. I didn't give you anything rare

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:24:53 )

See you soon!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:31:06 )

I love German Christmas markets! I missed going to one this winter :( I usually go to the Nottingham one but it got cancelled :(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:32:42 )

That's sad. :( We had one in DC but I didn't go to it and it was a lot smaller than normal.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:51:43 )

Hmm :( I am hopeful for 2021!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:52:16 )

@Elirona: I see you online!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 18:52:52 )

Yeah I would think winter 2021 it would be safe enough to go. You might still want to wear a mask, but it will be fine. Most will have their shots by then.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:00:55 )

Yeah hopefully. I think I will still wear a mask anyway.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:02:02 )

@sunny: I will too. I don't like that it makes your glasses fog, but I do like that it keeps your face warm.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:03:35 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, I got a new mask recently and it really messes up my glasses lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:04:18 )

@sunny: Yeah mine do to. I also bought a 3 pack of masks yesterday. I haven't used them yet

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:06:12 )

@Totalanimefan: I find that a lot of masks don't fit me. I have tried lots from different shops and it's just a waste of money xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:07:20 )

@sunny: I bought kid masks yesterday. I think that will be key for me. Most are too big for me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:08:39 )

@Totalanimefan: I should try the kids ones. I guess I have a small face???

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:10:16 )

@sunny: I know for sure I do. When I go to the Denist and they take pictures of my teeth they have to use the kid stuff lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:11:28 )

@Totalanimefan: omg :o I know what you mean, when they put the adult sized mouthpiece in to take an x-ray it HURTS :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:24:14 )

@sunny: Yeah I know. Sometimes they ask me if I can just do it that way they don't have to get the kid one out, but it really sucks.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.