Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Is this your first Voltra event?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:54:06 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀spooky chat

something i'm gonna look forward to w the winter solstice is that, after it passes , the days will start to get longer again!!! v0v

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:58:50 )

@Hachi: I hated driving. I only learned how because I grew up in FL. Which is one of the worst states for biking and walking.
I hadn't biked since High School either. I tried this program called Capital Bikeshare which is where you can rent a bike at a docking station and then return it to any docking station and you pay with an app. (So like scooters but with docking stations) and I got to try out an ebike there. I rode in the Navy Yard neighborhood in DC and they had a protected bike lane so I felt safe. I really like how the ebike helps with starting and with hills.
Public Transit is the way to go! I love using the metro here. I have a stop right outside my building.
Which state or country are you in? I don't think I ever asked.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:02:28 )
@totalanimefan: yeah I got some rest.. kids are sleeping again so time for more event time <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:14:15 )

@xvz: I hate the time of year that it gets dark at 5pm. It's not even fair. We pretty much have to suffer through this until the 'spring forward' in March.
The winters in DC are better. We haven't even reached peak fall for the leaves and we will still have leaves on the tree for Thanksgiving. Also it rarely gets below freezing during the day whereas I've been in NYC plenty of times where it was in the teens during the day. On average there are more winter days with sunlight here than in NYC too. I looked it up XD (I'm also into weather and climate).

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:15:02 )

@LilMissKushy: Nice. I hope the event starts tonight or tomorrow. Something to keep our minds off the election that's happening tonight in the US.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:45:33 )
@totalanimefan:yeah I heard about that.. I hope everything goes in your guys favour <3

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:51:32 )
I know nothing about events??? what are you guys even talking about? :I
later.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 00:05:21 )

@LilMissKushy: Thank you. I really hope so too <3

@ghost: Of course you wouldn't know. I never even seen you around event time. I mean, how can you possibly know what events are like when you never post? /s

@kiwi: I feel like every event we have is better than the last. You guys really outdo yourselves here.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 00:26:39 )

@kiwi: It's nice to see that the feedback is used. I always like seeing what others leave as feedback. Sometimes I don't have any idea on how to improve things. lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:09:55 )
@Totalanimefan: It's super wild. I think we talked about it before but I'm living away from my family/my home state, but still keep up because, well, family. There's talk that the governor is gonna lock them back down as early as tomorrow, and that he wouldn't do it any sooner because he's trying to get reelected. So, we'll see what happens with that.

It's been such a long blur of a year truly

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:24:23 )

@spinda: What state is this?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:31:44 )
@Totalanimefan: indiana. initial election results are saying he's won, so i'm interested/terrified/train-wreck-hooked waiting to see if he does put the state on a lock down now that he's apparently in for another term

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:55:15 )

@spinda: Ah I see. I'm in VA.
I would say that it's not over yet. Indiana isn't even fulled closed I thought? I thought that the last polls closed at 8pm?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:04:44 )

@Totalanimefan: yeahh my university had a bikeshare program and that's where I tried out an ebike. I think there was a similar program being run in the city nearby, although not the same bikes so you couldn't dock there, haha. I think it was a good idea but the campus was not really built well for bikes, and there's SO MANY HILLS (stairs) so you'd have to really go out of your way to find a ramp
I'm in ca ;3c some cities are better at public transit than others, but I've never been too impressed by any of them tbh. I remember having to public transit from college to the train station and it was like, 2 buses and a subway to get there (plus a 30 min walk to the first bus station), which is ridiculous considering how many students use the train station to travel home ALDKJF

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:16:20 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

@totalanimefan: yeah i feel that!! winter already gets dark early, why must we go out of our way to make it dark sooner T_T
hopefully we can make it to the other side of winter before we know it ... !

oh i can imagine fall being in dc being nice? are there good parks or hiking areas near where you are?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:37:38 )

@Hachi: CA sucks for public transportation. (And bike lanes) Not gonna lie, glad I moved from that state. It's too car centric and too expensive. ^^; It's really good in DC. Not like Tokyo good, but plenty good for the US. That's cool that your college had bike share. Normally campuses are mostly car free.

@xvz: Yeah I do have to find a way to get out more. It helps that I have to walk a dog. I walked the dog to the local coffee shop while my husband got us drinks (I got tea). It felt really good to be outside. There are a lot of parks and trails here. I think it's one of the bonuses of living here. Except for like 4 different days fall has been really nice here.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:38:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

My first event was the reaper event i believe.
but back then i had too much anxiety and depression and it was in a very bad time in my life.
Back then i was staff but I had to quit around the time of the event because of how bad the anxiety and depression was. :vanora_sweat:

but compared to now, i feel a lot better and enjoying this event.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:42:37 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

@totalanimefan: ooh yeah i can imagine walking a dog helping a lot w coping w this year , like seeing the sun and moving your body around
what kind of tea did you get?

i think the one thing i can look forward to abt the colder weather is enjoying hot drinks! they're so warm and satisfying now ~
in the summer i feel like it's too hot to have them but so pleasant in the fall and winter

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:43:11 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

moody sorry to hear that about last year, i'm glad you're in a better place now and can enjoy the event!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:48:35 )
@Totalanimefan: Indiana is one of the two states that closes at 6pm, with the other being Kentucky. I'm trying to stay off of social media (going very poorly) but last I saw votes were still being counted, but it was being assumed called for the incumbent governor.
kody / 23 / they

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.