Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:56:39 )
@selenite: So you found an option. That's a start. :3
If you want my two cents, you could probably wrap it -especially if it's getting in kitty's way- but it's my understanding that broken toes aren't usually treated, partly because the bones are so small (even in humans). For a cat, it might help stop him from re-injuring it, depending on which toe and how badly it's broken... and his temperament/activity level? << complete non-answer. I'm sorry. :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:59:00 )
@Shadami: So you're working and you have plans to keep working. Those are two very good things, IMO!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:59:20 )
@Wildfire: The toe in question is an outer toe - he tends to sleep more often than not, though lately he's trying to go outside. For once, Sebastián's roommate and his grandfather aren't letting him out so that's good.
I'm thinking wrapping it is a good alternative to letting him roam free and potentially hurt it more. Wrapping it will be interesting... since this cat doesn't like being man-handled much in my experience.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:59:23 )

My cat got attacked by some wild animal and we had to wrap his leg. They don't like having their legs wrapped but it does help to heal it faster and allows them to still get around independently.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:01:16 )
He can get around somewhat - he has a limp from a previous injury that healed incorrectly (we didn't have him then), though he doesn't seem too upset about the toe. I think I'll make sure we wrap it nicely, once... we get a roll of gauze. Someone took all of our gauze rolls, for some reason?
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:03:48 )
@selenite: Good luck - it sounds like you're going to need it if you're going to try wrapping the toe on that particular cat!

I'm hungry. And I just ate about half an hour ago.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:04:44 )
@Wildfire: Thanks for the good luck - I'm sure I'll need it.
What did you eat? I had chicken noodle soup, bread, and coffee for breakfast.
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:07:43 )
@selenite: I had leftovers -a chicken thigh and some sweet potato- for lunch. It should be plenty, but I'm still hungry!!
Chicken noodle soup sounds good. I may have some lemon chicken soup in the freezer... hmmm...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:09:01 )
@Wildfire: Maybe you didn't have enough of both. I know in the mornings I'm usually very hungry.
Lemon chicken soup sounds amazing, though we have so much chicken noodle soup to get through.
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:27:46 )
@selenite: That could be. I may have to go see about that soup. It would be a good healthy "filler" - lol!
So next time, make the lemon chicken soup ;) <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:45:32 )

I've only had snacky junk food today xD so I'm already hungry again.

I disappeared cause I had some vents that I had to clean . But back for a break. ^-^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:45:42 )
@Wildfire: I think I will, though Sebastián is probably more suited for cooking such a thing. I can make cereal, haha.
- [ York ]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:48:48 )

I've been to lazy to cook today. I'm still feeling under the weather from yesterday.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:49:57 )
Did you get sick? I hope you feel better soon, regardless.
- [ York ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:50:38 )
@selenite: LOL! Maybe you should leave him a note?

@Shadami: I'm sorry to hear you're still not quite "right"

I went to get some soup and try to decide what to make. I'm still not sure I know what I"m going to cook - lol!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 18:53:20 )

Just feeling very weird. I did a lot of staring into the distance yesterday.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 19:57:13 )
@Shadami: Aaah yeah... I know that one. Were you staring with anything particular in mind?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 19:58:51 )

Nope just staring and losing time. xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 20:03:10 )
@Shadami: I understand that all too well. I find that I get to that point when I'm (1) overtired physically... just not enough sleep (2) just mentally and emotionally exhausted for whatever reason (3) caught in a rut, usually house/home/children related... or any combination thereof. My solution is usually to delegate out the usual house- and child-care tasks (or let them go to hell - lol) and try to get some sleep And/Or to get out and just do something else. Alone. Usually outside. I'll go to the beach or a park, or grab a sketchbook and go get something to eat at a restaurant. Something like that.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 20:06:40 )
How's everyone doing today? I can't seem to find any energy today. x-x
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.