Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What are Some "Dumb" or "Weird" Things you Were Scared of as a Child?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 16:12:55 )

It can be anything, whether that be something in real life, your imagination, a film/book/movie/etc!

Here are some examples of my own:

1- I was very spooked by Mad Madam Mim from the Sword in the Stone film. I still feel really weird about that whole scene/character.

2- The film "The Black Cauldron" scared me. I had no idea what was going on but it was spooky. I still haven't watched it all the way through.

3- The Skesis from The Dark Crystal film terrified me as a child.

4- I was, and am still afraid of the space beneath my bed.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 16:19:56 )

I used to be afraid of the Gremlins movie, but the sequel was ok. I also used to get really scared when we had to sing certain songs at Halloween. Mostly ones about ghosts. Guess I was afraid of ghosts back then too.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 18:36:01 )
I just remember being afraid of scorpions.... I live in germany we are far away from wild living scorpions
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 19:12:59 )

Everything Alice in Wonderland. Sleepovers.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 19:18:17 )

@KDA Drew: I didn’t like the Queen saying off with your head and I was afraid of getting trapped somewhere where I didn’t know anyone and no one would listen to me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 19:22:09 )
I was scared to have my feet out of the blanket LOL because I thought a monster would grab them or something.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 19:48:33 )

The film Watership Down. I was so afraid of it I started hallucinating. Fun times...

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 20:05:53 )

I mean I developed trypophobia from a dream I had in middle school way back in the day before it was like... more standard/normal to have this phobia and people thought I was crazy for trying to describe why I was afraid of it. I can still remember that dream vividly... ugh...

But I was frightened by the Neverending Story dragon! And of course Chucky and Freddy Kruger, but I think any kid would be afraid of those so I don't think they count as "dumb" or "weird".

Drawn by Q t e a p o n

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 20:58:09 )
i remember being super afraid of bees that id freeze up into a statue if i heard buzzing around me
theyre such sweet babies though, i know better now that they wont hurt me if i dont bug them

i was also scared of the gremlins from that movie, i could hardly sleep after seeing that movie on tv one night

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 21:19:26 )
I used to be so scared of something coming out of the toilet to eat me or drag me down lmfao. Had a nightmare about it once and rushed going to the restroom for years after that, I was real small.

Another one that stemmed from a dream is my fear of ants. Still don't like them to this day.

Bad dreams give me real bad vibes, man

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 21:51:37 )

@KDA Drew: That’s how I felt as a kid.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 22:08:48 )
1) Living Puppets from Wizard101
2) Couldn't go outside of our apartment for weeks because I was scared Daleks were gonna come down from the sky and kill everyone
3) My feet being eaten by some monster under the table or my bed

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 22:57:30 )
King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog saying "give me the slaaaaaab" haunted my entire childhood
the animation was so strikingly different and the figure moved in a very displeasing way. it falls in line with the uncanny valley theorem, i think

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 23:00:04 )
@grost:
Oh, the living puppets fear is really interesting! Here's a fun fact for you that might scare you even more:
in Wizard101, all enemy models are defaulted to a living puppet, meaning that when worlds haven't finished loading and you enter an area that has not downloaded all the assets onto your computer, you will see all the enemies in that area represented as a still-motion living puppet that moves through the virtual space without actually moving its body or joints (so it basically floats through the map)

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 23:04:41 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Dementors
Threw me off of Harry Potter for many many many years

Also vehicles at night. Turned off ones, for whatever reason, could turn on suddenly and run over little me, so give a wide berth. I believe if I was with someone else, I was safe, but that was one I outgrew relatively early

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 23:35:59 )
@gay space trash: To be fair, I don't think "The Black Cauldron" was at all appropriate for young children. It's probably why Princess Eilonwy is not formally recognized as a Disney Princess--the disturbing effect of the movie just never made it that popular. HOWEVER, I do actually love that movie, disturbing as it is.

A bunch of the fears in this thread make a lot of sense, and I can relate to some.

I was and still am afraid of large roaches. I've had experiences of them crawling on me, and while I know they're virtually harmless, they've always freaked me out.

And I once watched an episode of Rugrats where Chucky swallowed a watermellon seed. Guess who swallowed an apple seed that day and thought an apple tree would grow out of her butt? D;
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 23:38:18 )
Hands coming out of a toilet.

I still give myself the heebie jeebies if I think about it while using the restroom.
*shudders*
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 00:08:19 )
@boyrrito: Yeah I remember that pretty vividly lol it was a combination of that and the actual movement of the damned things that terrified me

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 03:45:15 )

@Sunny: THAT was my first thought, but then I figured every kid was rightfully afraid of that movie.
They did NOT market that well for their target audience...whoever that may have been.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 03:53:00 )

ALF, the Muppet Show, and the "fuzzy fur feet" page in Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book. Basically, I was afraid of hairy monsters.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.