Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 03:55:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Mewtwo only goes so far for me. I get out-DPS'd if I fight Sierra with it, seeing as she starts with Sneasel. Same with Giovanni, who starts with Persian, and can have dark-type attacks.

I've found my Melmetal with Thundershock and Thunderbolt/Rockslide REALLY puts in work against the rockets.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 04:22:13 )

@Colin: Lucario with Power Up punch is always my first pokemon against the rocket leaders no matter what. Sometimes if you time the power up punches right you can get through the whole leader with just Lucario.
Melmetal is a good one to use too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 04:30:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Hmmm, that's a good point. Lucario with Power-up Punch could be really devastating. I managed this month's Giovanni with my Melmetal and Tyranitar, though.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:02:57 )

@Colin: I pick my other two pokemon based on their teams, but Lucario is always my number one lol and it's not even fully powered up since it's so hard to get the candies. Maybe I should use some of my rare candies on it.
I love using my TTars. I have so many of them lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 05:32:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: TTar's are amazing fighters. The rock/dark attacks work surprisingly well for a lot of situations.

And yeah, maybe powering up your Lucario might be a good idea.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 10:42:08 )
@Totalanimefan: no, sadly eveyones body is different for the healing process. But I am going to see the dr today, to figure out what this pain is or what it is caused by ect. Hopefully all will run smoothly, there is a lot going on right now
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 12:41:54 )
@Totalanimefan: That's true, definitely have to be careful of cars. I'd probably travel a bit to get to a good spot where I can ride, otherwise I live on this pretty hill-y road and I know personally that it's hard to see them sometimes because I drive it and I don't always see the bikers right away.

@Colin: Yeah the original list I had for Tergrid had both FBM and Plaguecrafter which is a little better but I took both of them out in favor of other things. When my deck has stuff like Smokestack, Obliterator, Vona's Hunger, ect, both feel very underwhelming. Usually in my list you sac like a Bitterblossom token or Dreadhorde Invasion token to the FBM or Plaguecrafter to get kind of a "beater" out of it, but I don't really care for that play.

Also, holy crap is Ophiomancer a strong card in this deck. Since you basically become Arch Enemy from the moment you pull Tergrid out, having a recurrent Deathtouch blocker on every Upkeep if you don't have one is super good.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 16:03:18 )

@Colin: Yeah I should power him up. He's a 98.
As for TTar, I have 6 rock ones and 6 dark ones ready to go at any time lol

@Unicorn: Ok, let me know when you know. ^^

@SorrowTheMad: I feel like cars are never looking out for bikers. At least when there is nothing person with you, you have twice the chance of being spotted. And my bike is good because when I'm on it I'm at tall as a car, but it makes it hard to get on and off the bikes at lights.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 20:03:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, unless they live on a road like me where there's bikers all the time I doubt most people think about it regularly. That's a tall bike though! :O

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 20:14:07 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah but it helps to keep you safe because it keeps you visible to others. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 20:52:07 )
@Totalanimefan: True! Definitely a good thing! :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 21:32:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Ophiomancer is just good overall, IMO. As you said, a deathtouch blocker that recurs is great on its own, but it combos well.

Also, funny story about Bitterblossom, when Alara was the new block, and people were still running the hell out of it, they hated my Elf deck. Because I ran Scattershot Archer. They were NOT happy to see their token go down right away.

@totalanimefan: That's a lotta TTar's, holy...

And a 98 Lucario? Damn, nice!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 21:34:56 )

@SorrowTheMad: How's the weather been near you? Still bad? Today it rained a lot, but that's ok because it brought cooler weather.

@Colin: Yeah I did a ton of raids when it first came out and during community day I went with some hardcore trainers who drove us around to the good spots for Lavitars. lol They aren't perfect or anything, but they are all above 89 percent.
I got lucky with that egg hatch for the Riolu ^^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 21:41:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Always good. You have a Tyranitar Army, ready to FIGHT!

I'm also surprised/impressed Lucario does so well against Rockets and such. Doesn't it top out on CP at around 3000? Does Power-Up Punch REALLY just make it a monster sweeper?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 22:01:00 )

@Colin: They are really important for raids, and even more so back in 2017 and 2018. Now I still use them but they tend to be the 2nd best option lol.
My current one is just under 2500 CP and with good timing it's very good against the rocket leaders. Always been a must have for me. The one I like to use has power up punch and shadow ball (sometimes I need that attack against psychic types)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 22:15:33 )
@Totalanimefan: It's 73 today, so not too bad long as I don't stand in the sun. Wearing all black has it's downsides sometimes.

@Colin: That's true. I've never really played around with it before but I'm very glad I am now. It's nice because even if I'm arch enemy I can block one creature a turn and then have something to sac on my upkeep to Smokestack. :D That's hilarious btw. :D I love it :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 22:32:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: True, TTar has fallen a little since it first came out. Still, it's as solid a Pokemon as ever. Also, fair play on the Power-Up Punch and Shadow Ball combo. Its typing would probably help in resisting a lot, and isn't the Punch a 3-bar move, so it's online super-quick?

@sorrowthemad: Smokestack can be a real game breaker. I do like how putting a soot counter on it is a 'may' effect, so you can stop when you're at a number that you're comfortable with.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 22:34:35 )

@SorrowTheMad: lol yes, summer is not the season to wear all black.
@Colin: Yeah in battles Power-Up Punch is super quick to get off, and then your attack goes up after. So the shields kinda work in your favor that you can use even more Power Up Punches and if Lucario lives to the 3rd pokemon they can normally kill it with ease since it's been powered way up.
TTar will always be one of my favorites. I still would love to have a team of perfects. lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 00:05:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: A team of perfects would be just amazing, not gonna lie.

And huh, maybe I should give my own Lucario some attention. Or maybe wait for a better one. It's an 85% or so, I think?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 00:15:46 )
@Colin: I usually just do 1 and don't tick it up any more. Even just one permanent per turn is really rough for a lot of decks to deal with. I also like how you can stack the triggers so you sacrifice zero permanents, then add a counter the first turn cycle. Pretty brutal lol. But with 1 I can just sac a token every turn cycle and my opponents actually lose stuff, so it's funny :D

@Totalanimefan: I do what I want! lol. Kidding

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.