Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 03:37:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: All right, you make a good argument, I admit. Didn't really think of it that way.

And oh my gaea, I LOVED the dinosaurs! I didn't care, I made a tribal deck, and whenever I played it, I had the 'welcome to jurassic park' music on standby, on my phone. My god, the reactions were amazing!

And huh, Living End is 20 bucks a playset now? Might need to get me some.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 03:53:42 )
@Colin: Lol. It's mostly just because Brainstorm isn't legal. It's like Swords to Plowshares, no one would ever play Path to Exile if StP was legal. Although the Urza's/Brainstone/utility Artifacts synergy is cute, I admit lol.

Dinosaurs are hilariously fun, but they had so much good ramp specifically for them, like the 2 CMC mana dork, or the 1 mana "reduce the cost of dinosaurs by 1" and "taps to give a creature haste" guy. You could pretty reliably get to Regisaur Alpha by like Turn 3 AND give it haste so it was pretty ferocious. Or Carnage Tyrant on T4 with Haste was also pretty monstrous. I only splashed black for removal but MAN do I miss that deck sometimes. Ripjaw Raptor is still one of my all-time favorite Green creatures.

Yeah Living End got reprinted in Time Spiral Remastered. I'd recommend doing it soon, since Living End is popular and will make it go up pretty quickly. It's probably higher now than when I said that already, so yeah lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 04:04:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Yeah, fair points. StP is HELLA good... like holy crap. But with it not being legal, people have to settle for Path. Which is fine, but... man, Swords is pretty much the dream removal.

And oh man, Dinos really were viable back then. Flash-in-the-pan, sure, but they weren't just a fun gimmick. As you said, done right, you got serious brutes out early. And Ripjaw was just GREAT for that card draw. My absolute fave was Polyraptor, though.

Yeah, methinks I'll hunt online for some of 'em, maybe see if my local game stores happen to have any singles in stock.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 04:15:44 )
@Colin: Yeah. I think with how good Control generally is anyway, I don't think they need StP, just like they don't really need literal Force of Will. Gotta give some of the other decks a fighting chance lol.

Polyraptor is hilarious. You can actually kill a table in Commander with him, something like Purphoros or Impact Tremors, and Aetherflash. I did it for funsies once, it was hilarious. I'm thinking about just playing Ripjaw Raptor in a random Gx Commander deck because he's so hilariously good. But yeah, Dinos were pretty strong and it was so funny that they worked. There was a lot of salt to be had, playing a deck with such a dumb dad joke for a name (Jund-rassic Park) and it actually 3-0ing an FNM or whatever.

I would. I just bought some of the old Time Spiral ones for about $8.50 apiece. I decided, I'm gonna play Living End at the Alexandria tournament on the 27th. It looks pretty solid honestly. This will probably be the list I end up using, or close to it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 04:35:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Yeah, after it rotated out, Polyraptor went into a commander deck. People HATED seeing it, and I kept that Jurassic Park music on hand for when I dropped it. And/or when it went fully online. Either way, RAPTOR JUNGLE! But oh man, going and getting a full win at FNM with dinos was a hell of a high. I lost a lot with it, but man, it was worth it to see decks that you could tell people agonized over for WEEKS, trying to perfect every little thing about it, synergies, combos, everything... and then get wrecked by Dr. John Hammond on the other side of the table.

And ooooh, I hope you do well at the tourney!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 06:10:32 )

@Vixen: does it get hotter in the room than it is outside? Maybe a fan would help? When I lived in the Bay Area I didn’t have AC for a few years and I couldn’t believe how hot it would get during the heat waves. I would have to rely on cold showers and lots of water.

@Colin: of course I see this when I’m on mobile. Lol. I’ll show you both trailers.
https://youtu.be/KYl58I5099Y English one
https://youtu.be/1PgRBcRi5NY Japanese one (you don’t really need to know Japanese to know what’s going on here )

@Unicorn: take your time. It takes a while to heal. :)

@SorrowTheMad: holy cow you really worked out! That’s crazy. I bet you are tired. ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 06:11:52 )

@Ava: they there. It’s good to see you are doing ok. How are your stress levels?
That’s a fun game. Have you ever played Rube Factory games? They are fun and similar.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 06:55:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: ...the hype. It's real!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 12:32:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Very tired, and very sore lol. It was worth it though, I do my best to take care of my friends. She's got a wedding that's going to be happening in her backyard next Wednesday. I might skip FNM to go help some more on Friday.

@Colin: You're evil and I love it haha. Yeah Polyraptor is fun, Dinosaurs were fun. It was just good enough to satisfy the Spike in me, and "Big Dumb Lizardy" enough to satisfy the Timmy in me lol. I've almost decided to throw something back together for Modern with it, using something like Rotting Regisaur and having access to stuff like Veil of Summer for protection seems good. :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 12:36:04 )
@Ava: Hey Ava, Sorry to hear you're so stressed and busy, hopefully things slow down a little for you and you can hang out with your friendos again. :) You stream? I'd be interested in checking it out sometime (when I have the time) if you want to link it, or PM me the link. I love Stardew Valley!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 16:47:27 )

@Colin: Oh you liked the trailers?

@Ava: Oh I see. Sounds like your life has some positives and negatives right now. I think that things will get better for you soon.
I have a Switch and it's great. You can get Rune Factory 4S (special edition of the 3DS game). I have over 100 hours on that game and there are other Volties who love it too.
I'm doing good. The weather has been good here so I've been going for long walks. ^^

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah you should probably go and help her even though your body is screaming no lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 17:45:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I really should make a Modern Dino-deck as well. SO many fun cards opened up with Ixilan cycled out.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 17:46:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh yes. The trailers look... SO good!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 18:13:18 )

@Colin: I love the look of the Protag. The new demon art when it's in your party is beautiful too. And it's more than just a pretty looking game. It looks like a lot of fun too. I love talking to demons and getting them on your side. And then you can fuse them to make something better. It's a great system!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:01:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: It sure seems it. Like, wow. It really seems to be a 'glorious return'. I can absolutely see why people are head over heels for it, heh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:02:14 )

@Colin: Yes I am soo ready. SMT4 came out in 2013. So it's been awhile. I'm playing 3 now and holy crap this game is getting really hard. The puzzles are some of the hardest I've ever come across. I'm using guides all the time lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:09:59 )

I'm been posting a ton lately without looking at how much pure I have, a just looked and it's a lot. Time to spend it in the shops lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:10:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I get the sense that SMT5 might be a revivification of the SMT series. Far more 'accessible', it's in the public eye, and the hype for it is real.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:12:31 )

@Colin: Oh yeah I can totally see that. And I think with the major success Persona5 was lots of people are going to be looking into this game where as the other ones not many people had heard about ^^;
I saw the views for the SMT5 videos on YouTube. It's higher than I thought lol.

How are you doing by the way?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 20:28:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Lots of views is good. Means more exposure. Means more interest, means this could be the big break SMT has been needing for... well... almost a decade.

And I'm doing all right, thanks. Yourself?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.