Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 21:26:16 )

@Colin: It would be much deserved for them. It's crazy how Nintendo Directs and the Internet can make things popular.

I'm doing ok too. Got lots of real world stuff done today. I didn't go for a long walk so that I would have time for them instead. Maybe I'll go for a walk tonight instead.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 00:09:12 )
@Ava: That makes sense. I'm seriously close to just quitting my job too, so I get you. I dunno which platform you use to stream but there's a few out there. You could probably promote your channel on here or elsewhere too :) Hope it works out for ya. Lol I married Abigail right away, although the next time I play I might marry Leah or Penny. Guess we'll see! Lol. Good to have you back though :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 00:10:13 )
@Totalanimefan: I'll try, although it might be hard to get away tonight. My parents are once again off doing their own thing which means I have to puppy-sit. I'll go and help a little later probably. She definitely needs the help.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 00:13:44 )
@Colin: Do it! :D They're a lot of fun to play around with :) I dunno if I mentioned but I settled on playing Living End for this next big tournament, it'll be nice to have something kinda opposite of what I have right now, something combo-y and unfair in contrast to my very fair control deck. Also a Control buddy of mine and I were having a conversation about Brainstone, he thought it's hilarious but bad as hell and it's even funnier that it's actually pushing Miracles to be at the top of the tier list (since up until last week Azorius was nowhere to be seen, in favor of Esper)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 01:24:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: The power of the Direct is staggering sometimes. And sucks you missed out on your walk, though an evening stroll can be lovely as well.

@sorrowthemad: I shall! And yeah, combo-heavy stuff is awesome to get going. Also, holy hecc, amazing that Brainstone just shot Azorius up in the ranking like that! Well, Brainstone and miracle, but... point is.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 02:54:07 )
@Colin: Yeah, I enjoy the moving parts of Combo. I was considering Ad Nauseam before Spirit Guide got banned and essentially killed the deck (although with Sol Talisman and Urza's Saga, it might come back?). But since Living End is good right now and it's combo-y I thought I'd try it. :) Yeah I can't believe what that card did for the deck. I think the meta shift has also contributed though. Esper was GREAT because of Blitz-type decks because of Kaya's Guile but now Terminus is just better against most of the new meta. You can even crack Stone in response to a Heliod cast and Terminus everything to the bottom so they can't win, which is huge right now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 02:58:30 )
@Ava: Makes sense. I have a friend that streams Magic and she says basically the same thing. I might want to get into it just for charity. My mom runs a non-profit, it helps kids who have either lost a sibling or a parent, and I could just donate the proceeds to the Foundation. Hopefully things work out they way they're meant to with your career then :)

Lol, I can't even imagine Elliot mad. I'm sure there's a guide on how to get him to the next level. It's been so long since I've played, I need to get back into it. I'll probably start over with some Quality of Life mods just to help with some of the tediousness late game

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 03:43:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Sol Talisman and Urza's Saga might give it some fringe play, maybe? Depends heavily on the meta, really. And that's a damn good point about cracking the stone to Terminus because of a Heliod play.

However, I get the distinct feeling that this will be a bit short-lived. Not sure if Brainstone-Miracle-Terminus has the potential to be a long-standing tech. But I've been wrong before. A lot.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 03:51:21 )
@Totalanimefan: it sure does take a lot to heal
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 12:39:06 )
@Colin: Yeah I have no idea either. I should pick a couple up just in case though since I already have Terminus lol. I used to play that Mystic Sanctuary/Deprive loop with Terminus lol, so I still have a set as well as Entreat the Angels. :) Well with Urza's Saga you can also just grab a Lotus Bloom out of your deck, on the same turn it would come off suspend, and it gives it an alternative way to win too. So I dunno about Sol Talisman so much as just another thing to make mana, but Urza's is great for the deck lol.

@Ava: Ouch, that is pretty strict then. Sorry to hear it's been so tough for you. I do have a good in for my stream idea though, I have some friends that stream and they play multiplayer Magic, I could see if I could get in on some of their streams. Even if they only get 50ish watchers, that's 50 people hearing about my stream. And I have another friend that I've donated to one of his charities, so I'm sure he'd be willing to help spread the word as well. :)

Lol. I get it, I really do. I really enjoyed the Abigail romance, she seems like the type I would have been interested in real life. Little bit of a weirdo, free spirit, really chill, likes dark clothes. That's hilarious though and I don't blame you, everybody needs an evil playthrough once in a while in a game lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 15:39:29 )

@Ava: That's good.
Rune Factory is a farming sim where you can marry people and fight monsters too. It's like Stardew but it's older than that game. The art style is more anime-like. I love the series.
Yeah I heard that it's very hot on the west coast. I think this weekend won't be as hot for you guys.

@SorrowTheMad: Your dog can't be left alone yet? Would she tear up the place?

@Colin: I did end up going on a long evening walk. Originally my husband and I were just going to a brand new frozen custard place (it's like ice cream) and I thought that after that he would have had to go back to work, but he told me at the place that he was done for the day so we could walk anywhere. We walked to the waterfront and then we didn't know where to go so I said I wanted to walk to a walk that we hadn't been to yet. So we did and then we walked home and in the end we walked 5 miles. I did 5 miles in flip flops cause I thought we were only going to get frozen custard and back. I do have some welts on my feet lol.

@Unicorn: Yes it does. Did the Dr give you a timeline for when you might start to feel better?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 21:38:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Urza's is really showing it's usefulness in a LOT of things. It almost seems like it'll be one of those cards that never goes out of 'fashion', I suppose. It's quite versatile, and the ramp it offers is AMAZING.

@totalanimefan: Awww, that's sweet about the walk and the custard. Shame about the welts though, lol. Hopefully they're not too terrible.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/18 22:28:40 )

@Colin: Yeah it was really nice.
They are already going down today. I think I'm good enough to good for an evening walk (with the walking shoes lol)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 01:34:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Well, that's good then. Glad to hear it!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 04:27:26 )

@Colin: I wore the right shoes and I did find walking tonight lol (I did take the day off from waking since it still hurt a bit in the morning.) how was your day?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 04:54:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: A bit on the exhausting side. Went for a walk myself, lost track of time and such, ended up walking about 10km at once. Legs were a wee bit on the sore side when I got back, lol

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 04:58:32 )

@Colin: Oh my that is A LOT! You must have had a good walk though? What did you see while you were out? And I hope you got that sweet, sweet eggy distance. lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 05:24:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Was a VERY nice walk. Ended up finding some beautiful foresty areas in the city. I mean, the city I live in is called 'The Forest City', and sometimes you see reasons as to why.

And ohhh yes, got those EGGS hatching! Into... crap, honestly. But hey, experience, candies, and stardust!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 05:39:52 )

@Colin: wow that sounds really pretty. I feel like I’ve recently discovered why parks are so great and important for people. ^^
That sucks. I hatched my first Noibat every today! I think it was from an adventure sync egg.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/19 06:02:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Seeing nature, even if in little pockets, can be so soothing and relaxing.

And congrats on the Noibat!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.