Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 00:54:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: I recall seeing someone do something with Smokestack that REALLY pee'd off his opponents. He had it out, and he also had Mycoloth out, with 8 counters on it. He also gave it indestructable and hexproof. So he would build up Smokestack, and produce 8 saproling tokens a turn. Everyone knew where he was going with it.

2 of the 4 people scooped, with the last person trying to outrace him.

They did not succeed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 05:00:27 )

@Colin: how’s the attack on your 85%? Also remember to teach it a new attack before you evolve it. It costs less that way. (Since baby Pokémon take less dust and candy to learn a new level)
I’ve been hunting down the dream of 6 perfect machamps or TTars for a while. No luck yet. Lol

@SorrowTheMad: lol sassy.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 05:34:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Attack is maxed out on it.

And really? Huh, I didn't know that.

Also, YES. A team of 6 Perfect Muscle Bois!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 12:34:49 )
@Colin: That's hilarious lol xD I play Smokestack pretty fairly (I think), no nonsense like that xD Although that does make me want to do some mean stuff like that too...

@Totalanimefan: You know it! Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 14:59:33 )

@SorrowTheMad: lol. Good morning. How are you? I’m still a bit sleepy. I hope today is a good day.

@Colin: it might be worth powering up depending on how much dust you have. Is it going to be featured in Go Fest? If so hold off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 21:22:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Yeah, Smokestack can be used for annoying tempo and control, but you can get REAAAAALLY mean with it, too. Artifacts can really screw things up, same with enchantments. Hence why I always run some green removal for that stuff.

@totalanimefan: Ohhhh, I didn't even think about GO fest! I might hold off until after it, and see how I feel.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 21:44:18 )

@Colin: I don't remember if it's going to be apart of Go Fest or not, but it probably will be right?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 21:50:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Maybe? I can't find any mention of it, though...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 22:04:32 )

@Colin: Oh then maybe it's not going to be apart of Go Fest. I guess they could announce an update in the future (but before Go Fest) saying they are going to add Rilou, but Idk

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/23 23:21:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: We'll probably know more closer to the event itself, but... well, I might just continue to hold off. Someone on my friends list has/had a shiny Riolu for a buddy, which sparked my NEED TO HAVE ONE.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 02:54:26 )
@Totalanimefan: It went pretty well. Went to this big rock concert thing here in my home town, so I'm super tired. Not my favorite kind of rock music but it wasn't bad, I went with a couple Networking friends. Found out they're a lot of fun when they've had a few xD Hope your day was well :)

@Colin: Yeah, my playgroup is of the "Player removal is the best kind of removal" variety so most of them don't run good removal for it. Or enough of it. Honestly you'd think when I sat down people would be playing Naturalize-type card tribal against me. Lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 03:34:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: From what you've said, yeah, you'd think there'd be more of it. But I remember at one point I had a Commander deck that focused on Uril, The Miststalker. And almost NOBODY was prepared for it. Nobody could deal with enchantments, it was hilarious.

But some kind of artifact/enchantment destruction is invaluable. Even a small token amount.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 12:36:36 )
@Colin: Yeah, I keep a bunch in whatever deck I can. Obviously I can't in Tergrid but I think in Gitrog I have like...9? Maybe even more. I even play Collector Ouphe to help slow down the crazy artifact decks.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 17:05:04 )

@Colin: It's a pretty shiny! I wish I had one too. I would think a shiny Riolu would be popular enough to have for Go Fest, but maybe they want to keep it rare. My Go plus hasn't been working since the last update and I'm kinda annoyed by that. I hope that they fix it soon and fix it before Go Fest. It's a semi-common issue so I would think they would want it fixed by then. I don't know how I will check and catch all of the pokemon without it.

@SorrowTheMad: Wow there are already rock concerts going on near you, that's pretty cool! It must have been nice to see your friends again. I have an interview for a job in a few hours. I'm a bit nervous but I think I will do ok.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 20:04:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Makes sense. Yeah, enchantment destruction is especially rare. Artifact is a little more common, but... I dunno, maybe it's the groups I run in here.

@totalanimefan: it IS a good shiny, yeah. And that sucks... I really hope it's fixed in time for the fest.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 21:11:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we've been off all Covid restrictions for a couple months now. I think if Lakes Jam had to be cancelled a second year in a row there'd be a riot. I'm not even kidding. Good luck on your interview! You got this :D

@Colin: Yeah I run as much as I can, usually. There's so much that just stops decks that you can't afford not to. Like if someone slammed a Back to Basics against my Gitrog, I'd be screwed without removal. Blood Moon. RIP or Leyline of the Void. Even Grafdigger's Cage or Damping Sphere get played in Commander. You can't afford NOT to. Granted I'm also playing Abrupt Decay and Trophy but seriously, Nature's Claim or something, jeez.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 21:30:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Nature's Claim just ends it. Nothing to be done, lol.

And yeah, people get screwed over by enchantments a lot. Yet many people I know refuse to put any sort of answer into it. Even a one-of that can be tutored if need be.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 21:33:04 )

@Colin: Hard to go wrong with Golden shinies. I also love shiny Ray! That is one of the best looking shiny pokemon. Me too. I barely pulled my phone out when I went for a walk yesterday because it's not during an event, but also without the go + tracking the distance isn't as accurate as just using my smart watch. So I turned off the game and just let me smart watch tell the health app on my phone I walked a mile.

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you so much. It went well! I feel a little in over my head with this, but I think if I was chosen I could learn how to do the job.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 22:31:03 )
@Colin: I even used to play Rec Sage in Gitrog because I can Chord or GSZ for it. Now I just play a million answers for Enchants. I don't have that much creature removal because honestly there's no need, I can usually win through most creatures in play (unless it's like, Drannith Magistrate or Ethersworn Cannonist). Yeah, people that don't play removal for Artifacts and Enchantments are wild, I don't understand it. Lol.

@Totalanimefan: Glad to hear it :D I know you can do it. Learning things is tough to begin with but I believe in you :D I mean if my dumbass can learn Abstracting I'm pretty sure you can learn whatever it is you'll be doing. What is the job, exactly?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/24 22:56:50 )

@SorrowTheMad: Haha good point. I'll copy and paste what I just said to Koneko when they asked.
My interview went well. I felt like I answered the questions well, but the job it's self seems harder than what I've ever done before, but it's only a 3 month temp job. So I would take it anyway. So what I do, is I'm the person that sends documents out for signature. I don't draft the legal document, that's a lawyers job. (Right?!) But if the other company comes back and is like, we want to make this change I'm suppose to say yes, no, or we will do this instead. But like, I'm not a lawyer lol. There are Paralegals that do that. They are normally ones with legal experience, like they dropped out of law school. They said they would teach me what's acceptable for the company, but like that's a lot of responsibility lolol. But at the same time if I can just learn this skill for 3 months I would be a lot more marketable for future jobs (and the pay is good)

@Ava: I know what you mean, don't worry. I would love to see more representation in movies. It will teach people everyone that people of color (Black or otherwise) are just like everyone else. No more Black movies that are only about gangs or slavery. What about a movie with a teenager black protagonist in a nice school? Or a TV with a 'normal' likable black college student? Like let's normalize people through media.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.