Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 21:59:21 )
@Totalanimefan: I think so! I like the brain, I like helping people, and I like the idea of having a corner market on something that not a lot of people know about. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:52:22 )

@sunny: OH MYGOSH! Your dog, you need to check that it doesn't get infected. Have you cleaned the wounds?
Yay that the new place is so much better!
@Amber Lynne: That is good too. I can't have cream of chicken soup anymore because it has onions in it though. :( But just in general chickeny soup plus rice is good. Add some bread to that and you are set!
@SorrowTheMad: When you say that I think of those Nintendo train your brain games. Those were fun.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:56:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Pretty much what it is, except this is more personalized, and not for making you smarter, only for helping regulate disregulation in the brain and even heal from trauma. :)

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/7 23:58:51 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: So make your own! ~<3
XD

Sounds like you basically have to for most things anyway DX

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 00:15:06 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah we have cleaned and checked his wounds. It's not deep, just a little scratch. It barely broke the skin. It's more psychological damage that I'm worried about. This has happened to him 3 times now :(
Ikr, I am so looking forward to it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 06:37:21 )

"migikata ni murasaki choucho kisu o shita kono heya no"

@Totalanimefan: Yup, was thankful I got to celebrate my birthday last year before the virus hit ;-; Though I celebrated it a few weeks early and then had the usual family celebration on my actual birthday right before the virus hit.

I'm still able to celebrate it with family, thankfully, but we can't go anywhere. ;-;
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 17:59:06 )

@SorrowTheMad: Wow that's really cool. How does it heal your brain from trauma? Do you know?
@Amber Lynne: I have, but if I don't have chicken I can't really make cream of chicken haha. Yeah any soup I make I also have to make it myself.
@sunny: 3 times!?! From the same dog? Has it been reported?
@KittyBeary: That's nice. My husband's birthday was in Jan, so he still got a normal birthday. Today is our wedding anniversary and last year this was our last day out. We went to a restaurant without a mask or worrying about it. Then the next day we started shelter in place.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 18:10:55 )
@Totalanimefan: Not 100% sure but from what I understand not only does the training help with your brainwaves (reducing ones that shouldn't be high, increasing ones not working optimally) but it also helps encourage your brain to make healthy connections between parts of your brain that aren't connected properly, either from TBIs or mental trauma or other brain based issues. It's probably way more complex than that but that was the quick summary Diane gave me about it lol.

I don't remember if I mentioned this but there's lots of evidence that it helps with PTSD (being as she's been working with veterans and sexual abuse victims for almost the entire time she's been open) as well as epilepsy :) It's pretty fantastic stuff :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 18:52:17 )

@Totalanimefan: 3 different dogs. We have reported it to the council but there is nothing they can do other than send out letters. Honestly I will be so glad to be out of this neighbourhood. My poor dog has ptsd, he attacked his own reflection this morning :(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 21:31:59 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's awesome! I do somewhat understand because I went to therapy for PTSD. (For a trauma related to needles). There is a light and touch therapy that helps as well. It's not a one and done experience.
@sunny: Poor thing. Good thing you are moving soon. If you guys have a back garden maybe you should just walk him there until you move?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 21:39:17 )

@Totalanimefan: we don't have a garden here unfortunately :( he has to be walked outside at least 3 times a day. People around here just cannot control their dogs, and my poor boy seems to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time :( we will have a garden in the new place, luckily.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 21:51:25 )

@sunny: Dogs normally have to be walked 3 times a day. Too bad you have to take him for a walk and not just somewhere safe like a back garden. Is there a different path you can take or maybe a shorter walk?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:03:53 )
@Totalanimefan: EMDR is great too! I've never actually tried it but I would love to sometime. But I'm also diagnosed with PTSD so I totally understand, it's part of why I still go to see Diane :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:22:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Every time he has been attacked it was literally right outside our front door. There is an entrance there to the communal area, and people just seem to let their dogs run free around that area for some reason :/ we have a week to go until we should get the keys to the new place, and tbh it can't come quick enough.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:27:34 )

@Totalanimefan: Homemade is always better for taste.
But it can be a lot of work DX

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 22:59:18 )

@SorrowTheMad: OMG I'm so happy that you know what that is. I'm not done with the therapy, but I'm much better with needles. I might be able to get the shot. I think they still might have to drug me. ^^;
@sunny: OMG What the heck. I'm so mad that your dog is being randomly attacked. In the US if a dog attacks a person or dog twice they have to get put down. While I don't know if I agree with that, I can see why that's a thing.
@Amber Lynne: Yeah. I do have chicken bullion cubes. Those are great.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:05:14 )

@Totalanimefan: They are fantastic.
Pricey though DX

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:21:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I've looked into a lot of alternative cures to therapy :) Hopefully you'll be able to get it no problem :) I'm diabetic, so I have to get shots pretty regularly, both in the arm and the stomach :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 23:45:26 )

@Amber Lynne: Oh really? They are really cheap here. I got a jar of it for like $3. Lasts me a year.
@SorrowTheMad: I know you don't have the PTSD like I do, but how do you do it? The fear is just too great for me.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 00:01:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Couple of different ways. Breathing and focusing on my breathing helps (when I'm getting the big shot every 6 months), focusing on something else and looking elsewhere. Just know that no matter what happens, you're going to get through it and survive.

I forget what it was called, but there's a law similar to Murphy's law in that "whatever bad might happen probably won't." For example, if you're afraid of flying, just remember you're far more likely to be killed in a car accident than a plane accident. It could happen, but it probably won't. Something bad could happen, but statistics of freak needle accidents and such are so negligibly rare that the word "impossible" comes to mind. You've got this :) You won't die, anything bad that might happen probably won't, and focus on your breathing and look away. That's the best advice I can give.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.