Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:02:55 )

@sunny: I feel like I've forgotten so much too. I will see my family to and explore DC! I want to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival, and see the museums. Check out all the great restaurants too~

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:05:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Museums would be great! I bet you are itching to explore your new city :O

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:16:18 )

@sunny: I really am. I was exploring it a little bit in Sept and Oct (outside only) since cases were down.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:17:09 )

@Totalanimefan: what cool places will you visit when you are able?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:30:10 )

@sunny: I'll link them on Google maps
Navy Yard I linked you to just the park, since I can't go the whole neighborhood but I love to go there, get food and then eat it at the park. I like Yellow, Ice Cream Jubilee, Mah-ze-dahr Bakery, Nando's (America only has Nando's in the DC/Balitmore region and Chicago), and a few other restaurants. But even if I don't eat then I just love being on the park on the water. Lots of walking trails and boardwalks.

The Wharf Another place on the water that is pretty new. Just made in 2017. There is a concert hall (I haven't been yet), piers to walk down, it's on the water, nice place to go and walk around. I haven't had many of the food options here yet.

International Spy Museum I went here in the before times for my husband's Bday. We had a great time and it was fun!

Next is Various Memorials all outside and you can walk to them
Lincoln Memorial
Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
World War II Memorial
United States Botanic Garden Went here in the before times too. It's warm and has plants and flowers even in the winter!

Dupont Circle An old neighborhood that looks a bit posh but doesn't have to be. Has a HUGE outdoor farmers market, a big park in the middle of it and pretty architecture.

Carnegie LibraryAn old, beautiful library that was out of use for years before Apple came and repaired it. The city didn't have the funds to do all the work needed. Part of the building is an apple store now but the rest of the building is a library and a museum.

Ok, I think you are good for links even though there is so much more. Let me know some of your favorites. ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:34:21 )
@Totalanimefan:
@sunny:
Oh yes, my errand was a ton of fun /sarcasm/ - I had to go get my younger son from work, deal with stupid traffic and idiot drivers not paying attention before suddenly slamming on their brakes, stupid GPS system that sent me the round-about way through neighborhoods with invisible speed bumps, and spammy phone calls while I was trying to drive. *sigh* Next time I leave the house it better be for fun and fun only!!! /end mini rant.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:39:21 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh I've heard of the Navy Yard before. Idk how though :O it looks so nice! It certainly looks like a fun day out. I'm a bit wary around bodies of water but it still looks pretty chill.
The Library and the Botanic Gardens would have to be my favourite. I love walking through Botanic gardens and seeing all the flowers etc :) I miss doing things like that, just looking around at lots of stuff. I miss visual stimulation :/

@Wildfire: oh no :( rant away, sometimes it helps! I hope you can relax a little now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:40:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I'm ok lol. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:45:01 )

@SorrowTheMad: But on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
@sunny: They have railings so that you won't fall in, and they have a fountain area that's not yet on the river, so maybe you could enjoy that part? Both are both great places and I can't wait to be able to go back to them. I think that both are closed right now because of COVID. I miss visual stimulation too. At least when I was in my last place, which was a high rise, I could see really far away, so I could look at DC, or see across the river to VA or MD. I could also see what the weather looked like from a distance instead of just right by where I was. Where I'm living now it's cute, and I like it but I do miss the grand view where I felt like I could see everything. It also gave me a good amount of light even on cloudy days.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:47:02 )

@Totalanimefan: I remember you showing a photo of your view from your highrise, it was very pretty. I would certainly miss a view like that :O I could probably stare out the window for hours.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:56:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Lol, not a dog anymore. Used to be pretty ruff though

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:56:49 )

@Wildfire: Wow that sounds like it was a real ball ache.
@sunny: I always did. I would have dinner looking out the window. I loved watching the sunrise and sunsets. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:57:07 )

@SorrowTheMad: OMG that PUN! So Punny.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:00:46 )

@Totalanimefan: Aww <3 I used to live by the sea and I could see the Irish Sea from my window. I used to love just watching the water etc. It is so calming sometimes :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:37:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Every time a bad pun is told, a dad gets their...uh, dad bod. Just doing my part.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:56:28 )
@sunny: thank you. Yes, relaxing now is the plan! :3

@totalanimefan: yeah... fun /not/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:22:50 )

- rolls through thread-
heyooo

@totalanimefan: i asked in my thread, but figured i should re-ask, what else do you want on top of the corrupted ichor? xD

please @ me

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:56:16 )

Was well enough to go to work today. Just a bit sniffly nosed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 04:29:55 )

"migikata ni murasaki choucho kisu o shita kono heya no"

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, my closet also needs a major cleaning. ;_; I should work on it......

And thank you!! :D
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 07:41:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Theure so fun, and now that I got a lottle,but of ohms I'm like trying not to spend tjem all on the premium ones haha.

I love anything Vera Bradley! I mean I have flip flops, luggage and a blanket for crying out loud haha! And the outlet mall I go to has a actual store so it's always fun going in there and seeing all the current patterns etc. And yeah the prices are usually really good, there's always some kind of little sale going on.
Sometimes the store will even have a store exclusive pattern, which is really cool!

The weather has been really nice here! We had a couple rsiny days and a couple chilly days but nothing too cold. But this past week it's been not too hot but still cool enough that you don't feel like your gonna melt if you do something outside for half the day or whatever lol!

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.