Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:14:59 )
You're name looks pretty familiar.

I typically get Slytherin, but fit well between Slytherin and Ravenclaw. -nods-
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:21:31 )
@AliceinZombieland: Alice is a Hooflepoofle, got it.

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:40:48 )
Lol, yaaaaaas, Hooflepoof.

@Nalight: I'm on quite a few avatar sites so you've probably seen me around. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:49:02 )
Hooflepoofle is best name.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 13:42:01 )
You just made the hangout and it's already 6 pages. :vanora_xd: :vanora_xd:

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 17:38:56 )
It's kinda exciting! I love watching places like this grow!

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 18:22:10 )
The test gave me Gryffindor, but I strongly disagree. Well, to be fair, I don't really think that I fit perfectly into any of the houses. I'm not brave for sure, so I really can't see myself being a Gryffindor student.
Whilst I do my best to be helpful and friendly, I'm the opposite of social which makes me a bit unsure as to if I fit in Hufflepuff, though it's probably the closest.
I don't know how I feel about my smarts, either. When I went too school I did great, but the last 2 - 3 years of school were bumpy for personal reasons, resulting in me now lacking most of the knowledge I would have gotten over those years. Therefore I'm not sure about ravenclaw either.
I probably don't fit into Slytherin, as I don't see myself as a competitive person, neither as someone who wants to be more "powerful" than others (in fact it makes me feel bad lol).

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:04:35 )
Hello everyone! I hope I'm welcome here.

@Anarchist Beauty: I took the Sorting Hat quiz and it placed me in Gryffindor.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:05:42 )
Hello! Nice to meet you! Enjoy hanging with a bunch of fun Potterheads! :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:34:38 )
*Wakes up in her dorm and walks down to the great hall for the lifeblood that is coffee* Morning all! How is everyone?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:47:34 )
@ChemicalDivision: Nice to meet you too and thanks for being the first person to welcome me.
I posted a thread in the welcome committee forum and no one said anything to me in that thread yet. :(

@AelloTyphoeus: Ah, another coffee drinker. Hello, I'm okay. Just joined and I'm still finding my way around. Nice to meet you.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:50:34 )
Sorry to hear that. It might just be super slow because everyone was up last night with the launch of beta. I know I didn't get to bed until almost 1am. I'm sure once more people get on today they'll post. :)
My awesome Art

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:50:39 )
@Temujin: Nice to meet you too.

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:41:03 )
I have to start work in 20 minutes. Blargh. At least i get monday off because of the holiday.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:44:17 )
@The Youngest Granny: Boo for work now, but yay for Monday off!!!
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:10:16 )
@AelloTyphoeus: It sucks too cause there isn't much to do at the library today. I have 2 hrs and 45 minutes after my break to go! Guess i get to do a lot of shelf reading.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:17:12 )
@Llama: I've always followed the philosophy that your house is the one you most identify with, whose trait you value the most in yourself. So given a choice of bravery and chivalry, hard work and loyalty, ambition, or a desire for knowledge and enjoyment of learning, what do you think is more important and valid in yourself? Stuff like not being social, or having circumstance issues that made learning hard wouldn't take away from you being loyal or enjoying learning, you know?
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 00:41:47 )
@Slytherclaw: That really makes a lot of sense. I'm still not really sure which I'd fit more in though.
For example for the loyalty one, I have very very little mental energy which results in me sometimes not responding to a friend for a month, because of the stress of not knowing what to answer makes me unable to even read what they wrote.
I don't really feel much of a enjoyment of learning, at least not when it's something that I don't care about. And even when it is, I'm not really sure that I'd say that I have a particular enjoyment for it.
I truly feel that I am the opposite of brave, and I don't really know about chivalrous as I can't see many modern day scenarios including it.
For ambition, perhaps. I often want to do stuff, have great ideas of something that I want to do or make, but I rarely bring them to reality.

Really, I just don't feel like there's any of the houses that feel very "me", you know?I feel like the sorting hat would have quite a bit of trouble sorting me, considering that I don't even have one of the houses that I personally feel home in.
No clue if any of that made any sense, lol

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 00:51:29 )
@Panda: We at Hogwarts, do not mess around. lol

@Llama: Here is a link to some pictures i found a while ago that I think greatly help people to determine, without much of the stereotypical nonsense getting in the way, of which house best suits them. ^-^
Because I didn't do all that great in school myself, but I'm still firm in my belief that I am a Ravenclaw. It's got nothing to do with my grades, it's got to do with the fact that I love learning and I value knowledge very highly. Also, I am still very smart, it's just that school didn't challenge me in the right ways. (Which is honestly another reason I fear going to college, because then I would actually be paying to fail and that's not the life I want. lol)

@Temujin: Welcome to Hogwarts!
All are welcome here!

@Slytherclaw: I generally have the same philosophy myself.
Mostly because all the stereotypical bull just gets on my nerves.
Especially if people focus on each house ONLY have one or two of the specified traits.
Like nooooooooooo.
That's why I like the pics in the link above, they've helped me show a few people that there's way more to the houses than just their base stereotype traits. :)

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 02:11:16 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I'd love to check that out, but I don't see any link xD
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.