Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 23:33:44 )
Man, I wanna go to DragonCon so bad, but the convention job I work that gets me into cons for free refuses to touch the con due to shitty dealer room policies, and it's just slightly too far to bother going on our own. :C

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:03:53 )
@Tuijp: well that has to be annoying. I have had a few people like that in rps. Thankfully i have some great people to rp with now that we plot things out together, so we have an idea of where we are going.

@Anarchist Beauty: Yes! Lots of good friends.
Sounds like me sometimes. I was up until 2 last night, and woke up at 7 am. Xd

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:06:08 )
i've never been to any conventions ^^;;
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:06:46 )
@Slytherclaw: That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. It was fun when we went, but I wouldn't want to go back. I don't blame your company. If I heard correctly, they still refuse to cap ticket sales, and they pack far too many people in. When we went, it was bad...at least 30 min commutes, walking, to get to another hotel. Lines so long they lasted over a couple hours, and you still weren't guaranteed in the panel you were in line for. It was pretty bad.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:07:51 )
Merlin, that sounds miserable. I really wanted to go just because some of my favorite authors tend to go, but ugh, that sounds so gross tho

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:09:58 )
It's for sure a "one and done" thing. I was glad to go. Saw a lot of celebrities. Saw a lot of great cosplays. But....man...it was...hectic. And that was also staying with a friend outside of town, so we didn't have to pay for parking or anything. You should ask Aello about her Guiness Boat Wallet...... :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:13:29 )
We give free rings from the stand to the local celebrities at conventions we go to. I got to meet the original darth vader and Uncle Yo in person, but that's about it, sadly. We offered them to the 12th doctor, but their agents wouldn't let us get near, haha. My biggest excitement at my most recent con was I saw an artist in the alley that was one I followed on tumblr and didn't know was going to be there. That was a cool person to meet.
OH. And I met the artist who did an old roleplay picture I used when I was like 12 lmfao
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:19:06 )
That's awesome though...and yeah..there are some..strict agents. Lol. I think my happiest moment was either meeting James Marsters ( Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) or meeting Doug Jones(MAJOR SPECIAL FX ACTOR- He was Abe Sapien in Hellboy, Billy Bones in Hocus-Pocus, and the eyeless creature from Pan's Labyrinth. He's done A LOT. )

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:24:17 )
Yess!! A Harry Potter thread!!
@Anarchist Beauty: Please put me under Hufflepuff!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:26:45 )
Welcome new Hufflepuff! :)

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:26:54 )
@Halestorm: Welcome to Hogwarts!

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:27:20 )
@Halestorm: hello and welcome to Hogwarts fellow Hufflepuff!

@ChemicalDivision: I got to meet the guy who played Chewbacca several years ago. And the guy who does the voice for Yoda in the new movie and the clone wars animated series. They were both really nice.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:28:26 )
@The Youngest Granny: That's Awesome! I would be like....a stuttering mess. I was pretty much that way the whole of DragonCon. lol

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:29:25 )
@ChemicalDivision: Thank you fellow Hufflepuff!!

@Anarchist Beauty: Thank you very much!!

@The Youngest Granny: Thank you honey badger!!
@me please
I'm literal trash. |Quest

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:33:42 )
@ChemicalDivision: I don't think I actually talked all that much though i did get to shake hands with them. Lol. The voice over actor can do a very convincing Morgan Freeman voice. Which is was pretty cool to hear.

@Halestorm: :) how are you doing today? I am kind of just lazying around and relaxing.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:36:11 )
@The Youngest Granny: Yeah, They are awesome! Oh, I also met the voice actors for The Walking Dead game, (Clem and Lee) and I met Vic Mignogna, who voices Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist . That was crazy!

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:44:22 )
@ChemicalDivision: ooh nice! That's pretty awesome. *sigh* its been ages since i have gone to any comic conventions. I need to find people to go with.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:53:51 )
Yeah, we've only really been to DragonCon, and one local one before we moved...it was...subpar. I want to go to more now that we're closer to a major city. :)
My awesome Art

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:55:54 )
@ChemicalDivision: you should go and take lots of pictures.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:56:34 )
I've been working on my shop orders and haven't been keeping up with my own thread!
How dare I.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.