Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you organize?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 22:57:44 )
I like to organize things when I feel like life is out of my control. It gives me a little bit of comfort in the chaos.

My go-to is my closet. It always seems like the crazier the closet is, the crazier my life is. The problem is that I've already organized my closet in all the different ways I can think of. I've done rainbow order, type of garment, etc. and it's getting boring for me.

So, How do you organize your closet?

If you don't organize your closet, how do you regain a little bit of control when everything is out of your hands?

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 03:11:26 )
very carefully

i organize it by stinky pile vs. non-stinky pile. badabing badaboom

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 03:16:36 )
@okios: Yep.
I don't organize. The closest thing I have to a 'system' is knowing that stuff I've most recently used will be on the top.
In school this meant I just threw away whatever crap was on the bottom of my paper pile that I kept in my bag.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 04:19:38 )
@okios: Lol! when it gets like that, I know my life is getting out of control. I do believe that clothes are absolutely capable of more than one wear though. If it passes the sniff test, it can probably hang back up in my closet.

@rallaa: You just reminded me that I need to clean out my work bag. It gets scary in that thing. I'm glad my car is push start because I couldn't tell you where my keys are in that thing. As long as my bag is next to the car, I can go.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 05:57:02 )
every once in a while i try
it's either complete chaos or really neat (which is usually only lasts a few days, RIP)
I just try to sort the kinds of clothing -> pants with pants, long sleeves, short sleeves, hoodies etc etc.
But tbh the organizing things goes for my whole room
and same, when my room is chaos so am I :'D
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 11:49:42 )
I find organization in my personal life to be counterproductive. If stuff is put away, I can't find it. If everything is an unholy mess, I know right where it is. I tend to be the opposite at work, mostly because other peoples disorganization does not make as much sense to me, nor mine to them :p
I thrive on chaos.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 12:47:17 )

I try to organize but I have more stuff then my room can take. So it keeps on being a bit messy.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 12:48:21 )

@Glume: I have that at my computer desk. My mom hates it being a mess so she always forces me to clean it. But when I am done I have no idea where stuff is anymore.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 14:40:46 )
When I lived in my apartment I would practically gut the place, rearrange furniture, organise my bookcases and clothes, etc. And since then I don't really have a closet but we have a tiny home so it's imperative to stay organised...which I really don't do enough xD

My favourite things to tackle are books and movies and stuff. I love to alphabetise them. Whenever I'm doing something like cleaning the whole house I start with the kitchen since it's always the hardest / least pleasant for me, then I'll move around the house and get the living area, bedroom, and bathroom, then move my way back down and finish with the dusting and laundry and such.

I have a lot of crap in storage I need to go through, and I've always wanted to go through the Kondo way and completely weed through all my junk, but I'm so sentimental and moved a lot as a kid so there are a lot of random things I just don't want to let go... Q-Q

It is true that your surroundings reflect your mental condition, though, so tackling that is always a good first step to tackling the the beast known as Real Life. c:

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 14:44:57 )

Closet? What's that? Is that the weird looking thing behind my pile of clothes?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 19:08:20 )
@tuijp: That's what my closet becomes sometimes! I hate folding laundry.

@vii: I hate the kitchen so much. I'll organize the pantry, but the rest of the kitchen? I like to clean and organize in the middle of the night, but I have a 2 year old and that makes it difficult now. The closet is a place that I can have the light on and work without disturbing anyone else. Is the Kondo way the one where you touch each thing and if doesn't bring you joy, you get rid of it?

@vengeance: My bedroom was always messy. It's easier now that I can spread all of my junk out through a house. xD

@glume: I used to be like that! My room was messy, but I knew where every bit of it was. That doesn't work anymore with a toddler because if it's in his reach, he's moving it. That means it is most definitely not in the last place I left it. Haha!

@siron: I know! It only lasts a short time. I wish I could be one of those people that always has a clean, organized home, but I just don't think it's in the cards for me.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 19:20:17 )

@Mousy: Yeh I cannot wait to get my own home so I can spread everything too XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 19:25:40 )
@Mousy: Yep, that's the Kondo way! My problem is my imagination and sentimentality, so knowing me, everything would give me some kind of feeling. xD I got rid of a lot of stuff already but it just keeps piling on... and not to mention, I keep getting a bunch of stuff for the holidays. c': Not complaining, though! lol

Also, not sure why, but I'll totally get the cleaning bug at weird times like that. xD

But yeah... the kitchen is just... ugh, like I wanna be super thorough, but there's just so much crap to move / get behind / clean, not to mention the sinks manage to get gross immediately after I clean them...

Tiny house struggles. I thought it'd be easier to keep clean. AHAHAHAH no.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 23:52:34 )

PFFT. Organize? What's that *throws book over shoulder*
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:35:19 )

When life feels out of my control, I'm a bad human being and watch TLC shows where others have lost control of their lives so I feel better about my situation.

With regards to organization however; I like to clean up all of my messes and put things in order of what they are - but my closet never gets touched. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.