Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion What are your favorite types of events?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:01:42 )
Hey guys! This is an informal thread that has absolutely nothing to do with anything we're planning, totally!

What sort of events do you tend to gravitate to when it comes to avatar sites? What sort of events do you personally want to see on Voltra? Are you more a fan of basic events with event currencies and special items sold in the stores, or random drop events, events involving RIGs or hunting for information, etc?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 11:57:39 )
In terms of avatar events, I have no particular favorite "theme", whether it's christmas or whatever. But I have noticed one thing that has always bothered me, often sites would have a -lot- of items as event items and such, so in terms of events I'd prefer less items but higher quality/time invested on it as opposed to the quantity. :D
I do tend to gravitate to currency collection, however I'd argue that's a little stressful sometimes but I noticed an increase of activity during those times for sure! I don't mind random drop events too much but that kind of falls into the currency collection I think?
I'm not a huge fan of hunting for information or RIGs, I kind of like to keep it simpler. (Also I'm terrible at riddles so that might be a reason why too LOL)
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 12:07:27 )
@Slytherclaw: My favorite events are Halloween, Christmas, New Years, St. Patricks, Easter, Summer Festivities, and Birthday Events. I like my traditional avatar site events, call me old school, but I love those! I like posting for event currencies, and then use the currencies to redeem items from the shop. Also, it doesn't hurt to have random currencies or items pop up throughout the site, that one will be good for lurkers.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 13:32:42 )
Posting for currency!! Also I like uh, teams on some events, like Halloween zombs v survivors! There could be a little thing on the post to indicate, and you can like, idk gift/take items to gain extra currency!! I love traditional events, though love it when it ties into the site!! Would really like to see Voltra-themed events, really incorporating Voltra into everything!! * o*!!

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 14:13:23 )
As for themes I really like Halloween and Easter.
When it comes to events themselves I only like collecting currencies. I'm horrible at large amounts of people, so events like they do on Sapherna where it's just one big thread with a bunch of little contests... I just can't. I will miss out on everything and buy the items from other users. Too anxiety inducing for sure. But posting for currency I will do all day every day. Watch me be even more active than I already am. Like, heck. I love watching all those little currencies add up. >w<

Voltie — eat me Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 01:57:58 )
I prefer posting events that have the option for you to "find" small amounts of event currency while browsing. I don't like treasure hunt events, and I certainly don't like RNG.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 05:12:53 )
♥ Halloween!!!!!!!! :vanora_heart: -is addicted and obsessed-
♥ Posting for currency is the greatest! Lurker currency, where it pops up every so often and you have to click it, is helpful in addition, but the posting is a must in my opinion! This generates even more activity for the site and gets users to interact with others (in whichever threads they are comfortable with besides Games and Test Threads).
♥ Then, I like to use that currency to go to the Special Event shop and purchase the event items. I do prefer when there are a smaller amount of items (5-7) that are really well developed.
♥ One thing that Menewsha offers (that I LOVE and would suggest everywhere if I could), they offer event commons at half price or a set amount of event currency based on what they would cost. Then, after the event, the common is moved into it's normal store for just full price.
>> For instance: Say a Skirt would be priced at 500 volts normally. It is released to the site when the event first starts in the Special Event Store for 250 volts or say 25 event currency. After the event ends, it is moved to City Rack for 500 volts. (these numbers can all be adjusted as needed).
Just an added incentive to have members posting even more during the events. ^_^
OR
>> You could just leave the items where they are and mark them discounted during the event, that would work as well!
♥ I hate to hunt around for things myself. It takes too much time away from the posting and conversation happening all around.
♥ However, if you want to have a Stickied thread where you can do scavenger hunts for extra chances at the items that are in the event store (i.e. still available through posting and purchasing them yourself), that would be the acceptable way to go. That way, if people prefer to lurk, the could find the things needed and submit them that way.
♥ RIGs are HORRIBLE! DON'T EVER do this! EVER!
♥ I suggest having Official threads stickied during an event where you can earn volts for participating in them. Art contest, Avatar contest, Fun games that you submit a code daily, etc. Take a browse through this past event on a site: Link Here. Click!
See the Stickies? Getting ideas? But most importantly: see the Event FAQ! Always have one! Best thing ever!

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 07:20:20 )
I love events with currencies because it helps me maintain activity, due to my constant state of lurking. Events that host various contests ranging from art, writing, avatar creation, which showcase the strengths of all users are also fun in conjunction with gathering currency. I love Halloween and will gravitate towards any event around this theme.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 23:48:23 )
Ah yes contests are awesome, and event shops!! It's be super cute to see the npcs in costume or maybe deck out the store for certain events!!
Also i wonder if you guys do the event shop, who's going to be hosting it, hrmhrmhrm!!

Also is it terrible I don't mind RNGs
Though I remember um... LunaeSaga? They had a pirate event and one of the the rare items wasn't even on the list and eventually that became a whole thing haha;;; If anything have rngs for event currency, and maybe not even that wide a range lol.

And I don't really like the idea of keeping event items around after the event, even for a more expensive price as it keeps it's worth at a stable price and... feels like it cheapens the whole event item in general! Unless they're commons that happen to be released on the event, even still haha. Was Menewsha like that because of lack of activity?

awesome art by okios <33

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 00:26:17 )
I'd like to see events that not only cater to members who are very social but also to people who don't necessarily like to post a lot. I love avatar sites, I enjoy dressing up my avi and buying items but when it comes to posting I tend to just be very silent. So when events come out that require you to post a lot and stay active In threads I usually just skip them. But if there were someway to earn event currency or items from something other than posting then that'd be awesome. I'm a fan of rig items but I can see how that'd be a hassle if you were just looking to get one specific event item so I would have to say event currency and an event store where you can just purchase the specific items you'd like.

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 01:29:23 )
I like events that are well-rounded.

Ones that have posting currency are a must, of course. But I also like it when there is a chance for the currency to randomly pop up on your screen/show up, for people who struggle to post. (It seems a little unbalanced for people who can chat a lot vs people who can't).

I also love added on events, like a coloring thing or a puzzle thing, that everyone can do. Contests are fine, but there's usually only one-three winners, so it's not great.

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 01:32:53 )
My favorite holiday event is definitely Halloween.

As for the type, I'm generally okay with posting for event currency or possibly mini-games/coloring pages for currency as well, but I'm not a fan of scavenger hunt type things. I'd definitely say to have something for those who are lurkers/struggle to post to get currency as well though so they have more of a chance to get the items.

As for items, I hate RIGs since I usually either want just one or two specific items or all of them and I keep getting just one or two of the same items... Definitely prefer to just have an event store to purchase specific items though, and depending on the event a special currency could be optional, or have a few items available for the normal site currencies as well?
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 20:58:45 )
Man, I actually really liked RIGs, since it was free gambling haha. But I'll have to remember that they're not as popular here.

Personally, I'm always a sucker for interactive, lore based events, to answer my own question.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 23:08:45 )
I really like lore based and some holiday events. I really like having special currency from posting to purchase event items. I feel as though the events where you have to search for pop up items or bonus currency in the threads is helpful to lurkers so that might be good to keep in mind.

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 02:14:22 )
OH yeah, I wanted to add on:

I would absolutely appreciate if this site didn't follow 'traditional' holidays, (aka Easter, Christmas, etc). I love it when sites come up with their own ones, like winter-related or summer-related, vs. following after 'actual' ones.

As someone who isn't 'Christian', and thus doesn't celebrate those days, I don't feel very 'festive' wearing items obviously meant for Christmas/Easter. And while I absoultely love event items (as they are often beautiful), it would be nice if they weren't directed toward a specific holiday. ^^

Thanks!
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 02:20:19 )
@cedes: Oh no no no, the event items were not around after the event. Just the commons. What they do is create a set of items that fit the event on some way as commons: clothing and accessories. Taking Halloween as an example: witch top, skirt, warlock robes, vampire capes, glass of blood, etc. The EIs themselves were more special and centered solely around the event. Halloween pail, spooky background, coffin, caulron, etc.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 02:29:38 )
I kind of agree with Rabbitify on this, maybe take traditional holidays and make them new again and with Voltra lore. Like have a christmasish holiday but maybe like a winter solstice type event or have their be specific Voltra lore for the holiday. With that, I think the only traditional holiday that most people would agree on is Halloween since it has strayed so far from it's original intentions and mostly has amazing items and themes that majority of the people like.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 02:53:17 )
Hey, guys, just to clarify, I'm asking about types of events, not what the events are for. Post events vs contests vs rig vs found currency, etc, not halloween vs christmas ^^;
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.