Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Gamer's League [Open!]

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 09:40:39 )
I'm using White Wolf's (Hunter: The Vigil), and flipping it, so the players play the humans, and not the monsters. It gives their HP a squishy feeling and makes the combat seem more life or death, like the show. Which helps tremendously with character players. Although, I'm not a heavy rules enforcing DM. If it goes with the story and you aren't going to meta game or break anything, go for it.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 09:50:51 )
Table top games are fun! ^_^
My husband and I and friends play D&D.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:21:26 )
What version? 3.5, 4, 5? I played 3.5 for a bit.... I haven't actually played a lot of actual D&D...

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:23:38 )
We have been playing a lot of 5E. We did play one 3 or 3.5 once.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:25:27 )
How do you like it? I've heard it's a lot easier then previous versions. Then again, I liked pathfinder...but I've only played that once as well... lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:32:08 )
It is pretty fun! My husband can make a lot of characters really quickly, but I always seem to take hours.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:34:43 )
I take a while too....I would call myself a player actor...I try not to break character unless I'm not in the current event or scene in play....

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:48:58 )
That is pretty exciting. We all have not been doing a lot of the play acting. Kinda sad about it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:52:33 )
It's so much fun! Have you ever seen Critical Role on Geek and Sundry? It's a DnD game that's recorded and all the players are famous voice actors. Matt Mercer is the DM. Aka.... Mcree. From Overwatch!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:04:36 )
Nope, never even heard of that. Is it a tv series? Youtube thing?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 17:23:35 )
YouTube. It's part of geek and sundry's channel.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:30:22 )
I want to like Critical Role, since Mercer's voice gives me chills, but I just can't. I get so bored so fasssttt :C

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:36:15 )
It took me an off week(when all the regular players weren't there, and they did a one off battle arena episode), to get into it. It has a LOOOONG backlog and like...an hour long backstory video for each players character. There's a lot to get bored by if listening to a DND game just doesn't scratch your gaming itch.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:38:09 )
Yeah, I feel you. I think a large part of the problem is that it feels like it just sort of jumps in. I dunno.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:39:18 )
It does... it expects you to know a LOT about the game before watching, and there isn't a lot of explanation as far as who these people are. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:41:58 )
Yeah, little bit! I kind of want to just jump in way late in the series and just see if I can pick it up after they've ironed out the quirks and all though

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:44:59 )
I mean...maybe...to me it feels like more of the same, every episode, but each time they game something crazy or funny does happen....so there's that? lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:46:43 )
Ohh, well, that's exciting to hear, at least! I'll maybe give it another try next time I need a podcast at work, haha.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:48:26 )
Yeah, it's definitely suited more towards the filming aspect of it, but it's nice as a podcast too. I have a friend who's watched like...every single episode of it since it came out. It's his tradition. He does tabletop too, every sunday.
My awesome Art

Voltie — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 01:12:03 )
Ooo, gamers!

Let's see, I play a bit of WoW and GW2 on pc.
Xbox One tag: Nymphaer
Xbox One games, Halo 5, Master Chief edition, Fable series, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Outlast.

If anyone has any recommendations on scary, jump out of your seat, might throw controller at tv games. Let me know. My husband loves playing them as well as I do. We have parties when we play scary games so the guests can scare us more and laugh. Just a good time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.