Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion I’m leaving Voltra

Donator — She/her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 22:01:18 )

Hey guys. I’m leaving Voltra. I’m a day 2 user who called Voltra home for many years. I loved this site and supported it the best I could for years.

I love you all. I just can’t stick around and support Vozzy’s actions of using AI and firing let go of their responsibilities the staff without warning or announcing why publicly. (Edited after Vozzy made a point about the staff, I think let go of their roles and responsibilities is a better way to put it)

Thank you for all of the memories. Voltra was always so welcoming and friendly. You guys saw me through the good times and the bad.

I’m on discord and other social media sites. (Also Dappervolk sometimes)

That also means I won’t be hosting my annual Secret Santa I do every year around the holidays. I was looking forward to it.

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 22:25:41 )
Hi Total,

I acknowledge your decision to leave Voltra, and I'd like to provide some clarifications on the recent developments you mentioned.

Regarding the use of AI and changes in our staff structure, it's important to note that my decision to disband the voltra staff team was not related to my stance on AI, nor for any individual to be replaced by AI. Voltra staff is both volunteer and on a commissioned basis, no one was fired as no one had contractual obligations regarding benefits or salaries as an employee other than providing assets on a commissioned basis with Voltra. As the owner of the project, I have the authority to reorganize the website's volunteer and commissioned teams.

I had extended an invitation to all disbanded team members to continue their involvement in the community and on the website. The door remains open for anyone who wishes to engage with our platform.

Your decision to discontinue your involvement with Voltra is respected and I wish you the best in your pursuits of other online communities and platforms.

I want to emphasize that individuals are free to choose their level of involvement with Voltra, and no one is compelled to remain if they are dissatisfied with the recent changes.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 22:32:17 )

@Vozzy: thank you for your reply. I edited the verbiage in my first post.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 23:07:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I know we haven't talk very much in the past but I've always seen you around and enjoyed your presence. We are in Phoenix Down together, so you're welcome to friend me there should you ever need someone to talk to/hang out with. I wish you luck finding your next home! I hope it is warm and comforting, wherever you may go.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 23:46:54 )
@Totalanimefan: I can't believe you are leaving, but I wish you the best. It does feel like the end of an era. I will miss the times we spent talking together.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 00:08:50 )

@Rei Ann: I will miss you too. I always enjoyed chatting with you a lot. Maybe we will met again in the future. ^^

@ThePinster: Thanks Pin. I don’t know if I’m really for a new internet home. Maybe soon.

@AlexiAkira: Sorry to see all this happen when you were just getting back into Voltra.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 00:10:38 )
@Totalanimefan: There is always a chance of that. I don't know if you are on other avi sites, outside the dapper one.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 03:23:22 )

I don't chat a whole lot, but I hate to see you go. You've always been a friendly presence and no doubt one of the main people keeping these forums alive.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 03:52:37 )

@Count Trashula: Thanks <3 I always enjoyed chatting and catching up with you too

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She, Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 05:15:52 )
@Totalanimefan: It saddens me to see you leaving, Total. You're such a sweet and likable person! I really hate to see how the site is going, I'll see you around on discord, though <3

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 06:25:30 )
Sad to see you're going =(
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 08:13:00 )
Aww @Totalanimefan: *hugs* I'm going to miss you. I felt like you were the soul of
Voltra I'm glad we met and enjoyed our chit chats. Enjoy IRL and Happy Halloween! Don't forget to try to spend more time with your family

I'll be slow to respond for this week
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 10:33:15 )

@Totalanimefan: reading the threads about what's been going on sure has been wild. Looks like a lot of folks are leaving. Hope I can catch y'all somewhere else!

Donator — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 19:09:21 )

@Q t e a p o n: oh, cool. that's a pretty good idea!

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/31 23:10:28 )

Sorry to see you go but I completely understand. Let's keep in contact on discord.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/1 09:25:34 )
@Totalanimefan: iam sick to my bone that i need to read that vozzys actions even let you decide to leave! Thats so sad something must change asap ;_;
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.