Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Wondering where Total has been? (Pics!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/20 07:57:27 )

I’ve been working my ass off for a friend’s wedding that’s tomorrow. They didn’t have any decorations finished before this week.

Pics here —>https://twitter.com/hannahfoll/status/1560882774692597760?s=21&t=7vZYAzLV8U7N9HzodFv6Tw

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/20 15:32:15 )
    @Totalanimefan: those decorations look so good! I can tell you put a lot of work into them !!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/20 17:29:26 )

:::สšโ™กษž:::
There's so many weddings coming up lately lol it's insane!! I have three girls at work who are part of weddings and I'm going to one soon too

The decorations look wonderful! ๐Ÿฅบ I looooove them

:::สšโ™กษž:::

Please ping me!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/20 19:01:09 )
, beautiful @Totalanimefan: . Your friend is lucky to have you in their life.

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 02:36:51 )
This is one of the most beautiful decorations I've seen in my life! Super prettyyyy!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 08:10:55 )
โ›ง โ
Whoa, those are amazing.
โž โ›ง

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 16:36:18 )

That is SO PRETTY!! how very exciting!

I didn't realize August is a pretty common wedding month. Everyone i work with have August anniversaries :vanora_xd: makes it a lot of fun to have in common with others!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here
โ€
08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 16:55:00 )

@Jolly: yeah apparently this is considered wedding season and I didn’t know that.

@KDA Drew: thank you! They were made with a cricket maker and then I just glued the pieces together how ever I liked. Hopefully that will help you if you decide to do something like this.

@Anarchist Beauty: thank you <333

@WretroughWorld: omg that means so much to me. They were printed with a cricket marker and then I just glued the various pieces together. There was one other person helping and giving guidance. :)

@Qiqi Agatha: thank you. That means so much to me T-T

@milkshake: yeah it really is. It’s wedding season I guess but also cause of Covid lots of weddings where pushed back too. This was supposed to be a 2020 wedding.

@sunny: thanks. It’s why I wasn’t around for 3-4 days lol I’m glad that you can tell <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 21:07:14 )
    It looks really lovely, Total. Very professional work, in fact.

I'm just sorry to hear that you were made to do the labor in such a frantic way. I hope you were able to relax after and take a nice breather to decompress from that kind of rush.

I noticed that wedding venues and vendor costs rose quite a bit because of the demand.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 21:16:26 )
@Totalanimefan: omg Total that’s so lovely!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 04:48:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Those are gorgeous hun! I hope you had fun making all the decorations =)
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie — she Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 16:08:24 )
Holy crap this is so freaking awesome!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 18:50:42 )

@blue: thank you. The saving grace is that they were already cut for me and in different boxes. So I “just” had to glue them all together with a glue gun. Did take 3 days worth of work.
I’m very happy for the wedding and for myself that it came out looking so beautiful. It really does look like a pro did it, and it was just me lol.
Sunday I relaxed a little bit but I also had to get ready for my Monday very early flight. So half relax half prep but the stress was already gone at least. On Friday night I had a bunch of dreams about them not being done, or I forgot them or someone else took them away. It wasn’t good.
Yes they are very pricey. I remember I asked for my wedding for very few flowers, not even our center pieces had flowers, and it was still $1,500 in 2014 in a LCOL area.

@Ruby: thank you! As I said above they were cut for me but I am the one that put them together. :) I’m happy they came out for nicely.

@Alchemists Fire: thanks! Some days fun, some days omg how am I going to make all of these I might be here until morning lol.

@Ryume: thank you! It really means a lot to me when people say that. I was worried about how it was going to come out but it looked really nice!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 23:37:50 )
@Totalanimefan: even better! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Were they bought or did someone else at the wedding make them?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 23:44:47 )
@Totalanimefan: , did your friend enjoy your beautiful decoration?
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 01:51:18 )

@Ruby: They were just paper and they bought a cricket machine and one of the parents did the cut outs.
@Qiqi Agatha: Yes they were very happy with it.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:00:46 )
@Totalanimefan: It's a really cool idea :3 Flowers are expensive, and they die. These can be put in a storage box and kept as keepsakes~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:17:53 )

@Ruby: Yes these are really pretty. I don't know the cost, but obvs it's a ton of time I probably spent about 15 hours and then another person was working on something else that was decorations-related with about 10 hours as well.
And if you have a smaller wedding it would be a lot less time and less paper obvs.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:20:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah that's something I would want completed beforehand haha or at least like, in bigger sections (like the arch in half or something) so that it could just be glued together real quick. It was nice of you to help :3 I'd be doing that kinda thing too xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:27:42 )

@Ruby: I thought that wanted a half arch and I thought, I am never finishing this in time haha. That piece of the arch I posted was done in one night. There was a different section added with my left overs, but after I went to bed at midnight

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.