Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I’m moving! (Moved, but unpacking)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 16:35:53 )

Ooohhh this is very exciting!! I suppose today is the 17th, so good luck!!!!
I hope it all goes smoothly

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 18:21:10 )

Ugh, I still have to get furniture and stuff from my parents place to my new place. I'm sooo slow at moving.. Definitely faster with more people helping.

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 20:40:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: she is always mad to do her job.
she blames us for every small thing despite she didn't do a thing until recently lol.
but got 1 month to move since she kinda threatened us financially anyways

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 15:15:49 )

@sunny: Thanks. Yesterday was a lot. We entered the apartment and we assumed, because we had lived there before that it was the same space as the 2B we lived in before. It wasn't, it was way small and the living room was so small I don't even know how we would have fit our stuff. Anyway, we told the front desk, so they let us view another apartment and it was still a 2B, but the living room area was much bigger. So we did the transfer and are living in that one. We had to update the utilities and renter's Insurance, and some other things. Then after all of that we could start moving our stuff. The rental car we got was huge. They upgraded us at the rental car place so we could fit so much in one trip. Did two trips yesterday and unpacked most of the kitchen.

@Jolly: Thanks. See above for how yesterday went, but it all got sorted lol

@Kent: I don't have a lot of energy for moving, but I also just want to get it over with, so I guess I'm kinda fast? It's hard to say. Good luck with the leftover stuff you still need to move.

@MoodyB: Good, you don't need her in your life. And now she will have to find new people to move in.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:16:11 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh wow, that's so good that you were able to swap to a bigger place! Beats being cramped etc. Do you have to pay any extra now you’re in the bigger place?
    That’s great! So, are you all finished moving in now? I don’t envy you with unpacking, it’s such a tiresome job…

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:19:07 )

@Totalanimefan:
Oh that sounds mad stressful! I hate how they have those sneaky floor plans sometimes. Like the apartment I'm in right now is labelled the same as the floor plan that they have on their website, but this one is way different and you cant find the floor plan image anywhere for it. Thankfully they were up front about the differences before we agreed to anything, and I actually like this floor plan better cause it has a bigger patio for Josh's gardening lol

anyway, glad they were able to help you get into a bigger unit! Did they end up charging you to transfer, or were they pretty chill about it? Usually I find there's like a $300 transfer charge or whatnot

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:38:39 )

@sunny: It was more than just cramped. I would have had to sell my things, or put them in storage for 6 months, and I honestly don't understand how there was supposed to be 4 people in that living room, in a 2 bedroom apartment, you can have up to 4 people living there, but I don't know what they would have done in that living room, just stand around? No place to sit and eat dinner together. We didn't have to pay to do the transfer, but obvs because it's more sqft we are paying more in rent, but it's nothing to worry about.
lol not done. We just moved all of the boxes that my mom and I packed over the weekend, but we still have to move the bathroom stuff, a few more things because we ran out of boxes, my husband's office stuff and then movers will move the furniture. I do miss when I had so little stuff I could do it in one day, but those were the days. I had tiny apartments with no space for working from home or to have company over. (I like having people over). But we got a lot done considering we didn't get the car until past 1pm. And it's only my husband and I so it takes a lot of time to load and unload the car.

@Jolly: I know T_T and I couldn't see the unit ahead of time because someone was living in it. I'm just glad that it worked out in the end cause holy crap lol.
Yeah, I feel like it was one of those. There is no way that place was more than 850 sqft. Like I said above in this post, there wasn't even enough space to have 4 people in the living room and it's like what the hell. There was space for a TV and a two person couch and that was it. Also the bedrooms weren't that big either. No charge for the transfer and they were nice about it. We told them and they got us the keys to view another one in the building right away. We viewed it and liked it better and both sides starting working on the transfer. My husband called the electric company and I called the renter's insurance, they started changing and updating the new legal contract. Only extra we pay per month is cause it's more sqft.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:52:41 )

@Totalanimefan:
That seems to be such a normal thing now??? My mother always told me never to move in without viewing the apartment first. But now its so EXPECTED to get a unit without seeing it, that you'd pretty much lose it if you wait. So crazy to me.

oh geez, that is insanely small! I'm glad you went ahead and upgraded! Even if its temporary, 6 months is a long time still if you're uncomfortable. I hope you and your husband will be happy in the new unit. Are there good amenities?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 17:58:11 )

@Jolly: I totally agree, and normally I would never, but I had lived in the building before and my husband and I loved it there. The staff was great and our 2B we had in 2020/2021 was super awesome and good on space. Didn't know there was a 2B that small!
Exactly, I wasn't about to spend 6 months feeling like I had no space and I'm hosting people. I'm having people over for a week in June and July. I was like, where would they go? How could we even eat a meal together? Plus either putting things in storage or selling them while in the middle of moving was a no thank you. I still might sell my dresser though.
Yes new unit is big enough, and the amenities are just amazing. Super close to a metro stop, close to 3 grocery stores, lots of parks and restaurants, and urban but safe place.
And for the building itself, there is a 24-hour gym, a pool, rooftop space inside and out, they host parties and events, mailroom, 24/7 front desk people, and friendly staff. It's always clean there too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 18:14:35 )

@Totalanimefan:
Well geez, your apartment sounds like it has more social amenities than mine does :vanora_xd:
although I really only use the hot tubs we have anyway. I've become quite the antisocial! But yeah, sounds like you have a pretty cozy setup for the temp home. Hope all goes smoothly!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 20:47:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah just hope we can find a place in time

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 15:35:55 )
    @Totalanimefan: have you settled into your new place yet? I hope the moving process has gone smoothly!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/19 16:06:54 )
I hope moving the last couple days has gone smoothly~
Congrats on a new place. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 13:45:11 )

@Jolly: yeah it’s nice. Can’t wait until the pool opens up. ^^

@MoodyB: I hope so too. Has your family started looking?

@sunny: yesterday we had the movers nice the furniture. So that was good. Still have to unpack everything else.

@Koah: thanks. Moving over the animals wasn’t smooth. My dad started panting hard in my lap and I was worried about this heart.
And then my cat was howling to get out of the carrier. Then he peed in it and then he tipped over the carrier and the pee went everywhere. Had to give him a bath right away when I brought him upstairs.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 16:04:14 )

◦✹ I wish you safe moving :3
It's always refreshing to move in into a new place~ ✹◦

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 16:39:12 )
    @Totalanimefan: unpacking is the worst!! So irritating haha.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/21 20:42:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@totalanimefan: we've been actually looking for months.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 15:57:06 )

@Purpsy: Thank you. I do like where I live. It's very nice. And it's nice that it's so clean lol. I still have a lot of unpacking to do.

@sunny: Yes. You are so tired from packing and moving it, you are just done by the time it comes to unpacking. And I live in a 2 bed/2 bath. So it's big (to me)

@MoodyB: Oh I see. Nothing on the market in your budget? Are you guys looking in many nearby towns?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 16:39:43 )

◦✹ @Totalanimefan: Well take your time with it :3
Is this your first time living on your own? ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/22 16:56:34 )
    @Totalanimefan: I agree. Moving house is such a faff lmao. Why do we do it? XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.